Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineejambekot
Stranger
Outdoor grow setup
    #4241690 - 05/31/05 10:15 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I have 7 colonized half pint jars that i intended on using indoor. I attempted to paseurize a mixture of horse manure, straw and vermiculite, but ran into problems and the temps never really got over 155 F and had to abort. So instead of indoor i intend on doing outdoor. I plan on diggin a hole like 5 inches deep, puttin down a layer of the manure/straw/verm mix and thne breaking up all my cakes really small, and sprinkling a layer ontop of it, then putting a thin layer of the manure/straw/verm on top of that. Watering as needed i intedn on seeing frutis in a month.
Are there any problems with htis set up? will this work? For the top layer should i use straight straw? any modificatiosn would be taken into consideration. thanks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinepcubmycol
flattiefisherman

Loc: Selectively breeding the ...
Re: Outdoor grow setup [Re: ejambekot]
    #4241881 - 05/31/05 10:59 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

There is actually a tek for doing this somewhere on the shroomery but i cant find it. The tek claims that you would do what you have said already. Except you do an extra layer. (one more cake, one more manure/straw/verm layer). The tek also claims that you will get fruits every season for a few years off each hole. Please let us know if that works out for you.

--------------------
weretheshit.com is the shit!

:-D

Offlineejambekot
Stranger
Re: Outdoor grow setup [Re: pcubmycol]
    #4361068 - 07/01/05 09:59 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Here is an update of what has happened from a little less than a month ago when i made this topic. I basically followed what is in the first post, and have had wonderful results. Dug a hole, 5-6 inches deep, put mostly manure on the bottom, then i had cheese graded all of my cakes, and hten put a layer of that down, maybe 1/2-1inch thick. Then put a layer of manure/straw on top of that. The hwole has a diamter of about 1 foot. and it is a small depression in the gorund cuz i didn't fill all the way up the 5 inch depth. It took a little less thna a month for me to see fruits. First one popped up and that was it, but then a few days later, it exploded with pins, and have harvested about an ounce dry. I had to collect em all in a bucket there were so many, but they had very hollow stems so didn't weigh as mcu has i would have liked. I think they were very hollow, becasue of the heat caused them to grow very fast. I had been watering every other day or so, except for when it rained i would let it go. Already see the next pins comin in and am very excited.

I wnated to post my experience tot ell people outdoors is very easy. No need for lights, or fanning or perlite, or contam worries. Also i didn't really notice any difference in potency. If it keeps frutiing all summer i would be very happy. I idnd't follow any exact tek word for word but basically jsut wat i had read on the site and put together a tek that i thought would work and it did.

Also i see alot of posts about insects-i haven't had any problems. My hole is full of centipedes, millipeds and other creepy crawleys, including slug and haven't noticed any dmage, other than some random slug bites on some caps.

So a message- Move OUTDOORS!!!!

Edited by ejambekot (07/01/05 10:05 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation