Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Science and Technology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
i need help wiht my new phone and blue tooth apps.
    #4240859 - 05/31/05 06:24 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

heres the deal i bought a motorola v551 or somthing today. its on the cingular network including the gmrs network.

this means that i can use my phone to connect to the national data network, and use that to acess the internet, wever i have service. so i sohould be able to drive down the interstate doing 65 while connected to the internet.

i have my bluetooth acess hooked up. my phone and the computer are networked, i can transfer photos off of it with the new blue tooth adapter.

so how do i get the laptop to acess the internet through the phone?

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleTinMan
Stranger

Loc: Russia
Re: i need help wiht my new phone and blue tooth apps. [Re: ZippoZ]
    #4245544 - 06/01/05 08:54 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

You'd need to find the modem drivers for the computer. They might be on motorola's site but for my Nokia 9300 I had to find some 3rd party driver on a random site, it was neither on the cellular providers site or the phone manufacturers site. Connecting to your phone to connect to the internet via bluetooth may not be the best idea. No matter if it can hold a signal or not. Bluetooth, last time I checked, has a tx/rx rate of 1mbps, but you'd be lucky if your laptop to your phone speed hit anywhere near that. I'd go wired with a link cable for $10 or so. Drivers Here This site is where I found the drivers for my phone, dialing up is pretty much self explainatory. Hope this helps.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Science and Technology