Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, HEPA Filter, Laminar Flow Hood

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleFooManM
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Why do you need air coming into a glovebox?
    #4240565 - 05/31/05 05:17 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I want to make a glovebox. When I see pics of gloveboxes, I always see a fan with a hepa or similar type filter attached to them. Why is this? Wouldn't having a sealed box with a pair of gloves attached work if you sterilized the Hell out of the box with some Lysol first? I would also appreciate it if anyone has any good procedures for making a homemade glovebox. I have a basic knowledge of supplies I need, but I work much better when things are spelled out for me. Any help would be much appreciated!
P.S.- I apologize if these questions have been answers in other posts, but I could not find a post that answered my "air into the glovebox" question.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSirRobin
Stranger
Loc: Mid TN
Re: Why do you need air coming into a glovebox? [Re: FooMan]
    #4240641 - 05/31/05 05:35 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

The best reason i can come up with is although u CAN sterilize your grow box at first, there is always the possiblity that bacteria or some other fungal spores (very unwanted obviously) could settle in your box and grow, thus destroying or damaging your potential harvest. If you use a filter (filter= clean air + air movement) then u will have 'clean' air plus moving air, which prevent any spores or bacteria from settling onto your grow, thus keeping your grow much cleaner. Hopefully this helps out, but im sure there r prolly other reaons for the fans/filters.

InvisibleSoopaX
Criminal DrugAnalyst

Re: Why do you need air coming into a glovebox? [Re: FooMan]
    #4241391 - 05/31/05 08:37 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I've always used a glove box as opposed to a flow hood. I see no need to have "clean" air moving around in the box. I clean the box each use with hot soapy water, bleach water, and a misting and rubbing of rubbing alcohol immediatly prior to the procedure. My jars/dishes come from a sterile environment where they were cooling into a thoroughly sanitized environment that still smells like rubbing alcohol. G2G's in this, agar work, inoculations, etc, I RARLY get contams. I'd say maybe one or two jars failing due to bacteria in the past few months, as well as my pan cyan casing but thats not really my fault, it was my first time.

--------------------

Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man

InvisibleFooManM
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Re: Why do you need air coming into a glovebox? [Re: SoopaX]
    #4252794 - 06/03/05 05:57 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I appreciate it. I was pretty sure that as long as the box was sterile and didn't have any contams falling into it that it should be OK. I will go ahead with making a glove box without a filter. I want to use it to make some spore syringes. If anyone has plans made up-items, tools needed, etc that I would need to make a decent glove box, I would appreciate it. What I am really concerned about is how to make the holes in the glove box for the gloves. Should I drill them or use something to melt a hole or is there some other way to do it?

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, HEPA Filter, Laminar Flow Hood

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience