Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMattl7
Stranger
Is it ok?
    #4240293 - 05/31/05 04:11 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I bought a kit from a local head shop that consisted of a rubbermade terrium, some rye with a spore to inoculate it and some sterilzed compost.

I inocualted the rye, it colonized. The intructions said 'white and fuzzy ready to plant'. I planted in the compost, put it in the terrium and and put the terrium back in a totally dark cooler.

The white spread, temp was about 80-85 degrees. All looked nice and white. I initiaed pinning after 10-12 days. 12 hours light, the top off for more air and lowered the temp. After only an hour the top seemed dry. I moisoned the top, recovered and left it in the light. It now seems blue green. The blue green has not spread at all but is still there and the white myc patches seem ok.

After spraying, the white was not as fluffy and really showed the web like structure, almost like the dampness matted it down so I am not sure if I am seeing a 'color' or if the dampness made the dark soil show through.

Today it seems the fluffiness is starting to come back and I am leaving the top on, there are air holes in the top.

Am I screwed or any advice out there? I have had suggestions that it is oxidation on the myc, that it is contaminated and leave it alone and all is fine.

Any suggestions?

Sorry no pics

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
Re: Is it ok? [Re: Mattl7]
    #4240304 - 05/31/05 04:13 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

just a single spore to inoculate with?!!? :smirk:

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

OfflineMattl7
Stranger
Re: Is it ok? [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #4240311 - 05/31/05 04:16 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Sorry, my verbage is not the best, I am new. It wasn't a single spore. The rye came in a big plastic bag. The top was twisted and tied off with what looked like a half a joint in the top part. To inoculate you untied the bag and shook vigoursly

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
Re: Is it ok? [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #4240338 - 05/31/05 04:21 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

LOL gnostic.
make sure you are giving it lots of fresh air (fanning them)
also keep misting until you see primordia forming.
have some patience too.
peace

Edited by backupwards (05/31/05 04:23 PM)

OfflineMattl7
Stranger
Re: Is it ok? [Re: backupwards]
    #4240351 - 05/31/05 04:24 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks all. Damn patience is hard man. It is summer and I am ready to take a trip!

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
    #4240366 - 05/31/05 04:29 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

well i know but it is a long summer. you had better get something more going if you want more for the rest of the summer. try a g2g transfer so you can turn that into a lot more. could be hard if you are not set up for it. glovebox or flowhood? pc to sterilize grain?
peace

OfflineMattl7
Stranger
Re: Is it ok? [Re: backupwards]
    #4240381 - 05/31/05 04:34 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Yeh I am not really set up yet. I bought the kit as a cheat until I can do it from the ground up using the teks found here.

I talked to some people in chat and as soon as I used the word 'kit' it was like I was ostrisized...hell I can't even spell it!

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
    #4240479 - 05/31/05 04:56 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

gnostic?? i didnt see gnostic post here!

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation