Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Hot Sauce

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSEN_DF
Stranger
Many bad experience [Mushrooms]
    #4240289 - 05/31/05 04:10 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I have had many bad experiences on mushrooms. In fact, most of my experiences have been bad, and that includes the first 10 or so. Only recently have I had any good experiences on mushrooms, and it hasn't been with a lot.

Most of my experiences involved feeling 'empty'. Like I was hollow, physically and emotionally. I would have thoughts rushing through my head extremely fast sometimes, and if too many people were around at this time I'd feel really crowded [like I was in a tiny room with 200 people or something]. In generally I would always feel physically unpleasant as well.

Why did/do I keep doing them? I know it's me. I have a friend who?s done quite a bit of mushrooms in his time and he says he always feels great. Euphoric, happy, trippy and so on, nothing unpleasant.

There has been nothing particular about the settings that I could pin these effects on, so I know it's in my head. I would really like to experience mushrooms in a great way. Has any out there had this problem? If so how did you overcome it?

Any help would be appreciated. Oh, and the only mushrooms I've ever taken have been ones I've grown myself, and they were only ever B+.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinemastacheefa
Stranger

Loc: N. Georgia
Re: Many bad experience [Mushrooms] [Re: SEN_DF]
    #4240696 - 05/31/05 05:49 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

My friend has the exact same problem. Everytime, except his first time, that he has ate shrooms hes had a bad trip. He describes it as being emotionally empty and feels like everyone in the world is against him. I on the otherhand usually have great trips. 2 times though I have had this empty, uncomfortable feeling which makes me feel like I want to die. I think this is mostly caused by stresses that Im experiencing in my life at the time I trip. Like if Im slipping up with friends, money, or school I will almost definately have a bad trip. Its all in the state of mind I am in before hand. Next time you try to trip make sure the problems in your life are resolved, you feel completely safe and secure in your surroundings, and are overall in a happy state with a very few close people. Alot of folks have trouble tripping with lots of people. Myself included.

Edited by mastacheefa (05/31/05 05:50 PM)

OfflineSHR00MiN
PSYCH0PSiL0CYBiN

Loc: RI
Re: Many bad experience [Mushrooms] [Re: mastacheefa]
    #4241293 - 05/31/05 08:12 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

mastacheefa said:
My friend has the exact same problem. Everytime, except his first time, that he has ate shrooms hes had a bad trip. He describes it as being emotionally empty and feels like everyone in the world is against him. I on the otherhand usually have great trips. 2 times though I have had this empty, uncomfortable feeling which makes me feel like I want to die. I think this is mostly caused by stresses that Im experiencing in my life at the time I trip. Like if Im slipping up with friends, money, or school I will almost definately have a bad trip. Its all in the state of mind I am in before hand. Next time you try to trip make sure the problems in your life are resolved, you feel completely safe and secure in your surroundings, and are overall in a happy state with a very few close people. Alot of folks have trouble tripping with lots of people. Myself included.

I agree 100%.. ive been there too

--------------------
"Im gone upstairs to fuck ya grandmotha" - George Carlin

Offlinenonovelties
TwoPant

Re: Many bad experience [Mushrooms] [Re: SHR00MiN]
    #4241735 - 05/31/05 10:27 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

This situation (the initial post) seems typical of the misuse of psilocybe mushrooms. Psilocybin, as do most psychedelic substances, simply alter our consciousness. Whether that is a positive or negative experience is dependent solely on the individual. You can call it set, setting, preparation yada yada yada, but it pertains to the individual in question.

If you are simply looking for a quick high, to get off - then your ability to resolve a bad/uncomfortable trip is likely to be minimal. However, If you have respect, and are attempting to understand the substance in question, and how it it affects you - then you would be more capable and have more control over your experience.

Perhaps you should question why you are using mushrooms. There might be alternative ways for you to get high that are more suited to your mindset...

--------------------

OfflineSEN_DF
Stranger
Re: Many bad experience [Mushrooms] [Re: mastacheefa]
    #4243363 - 06/01/05 10:22 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

mastacheefa said:

This actually makes quite a bit of sense. Only during two times in my life had I experienced mushrooms, and that is now and about two years ago [a little less]. These being the times I've grown. As I said I've yet to have a decent dose recently [though I have 7.9g dried right now and more on the way so that will soon change] but the two little ones I took made me feel a LOT different then before. At times I could still detect those unsettling or empty feelings but its like I just didn't care. I don't know if it has more to do with the low dose or simply the fact that my life in general is a LOT better then it was at the times of the other experiences but I felt as if I could just ignore those feelings. I just thought to myself that concentrating on these feelings was useless and not going to get me anywhere and they went away before they ever got close to me really [it's kind of hard to explain as I'm sure you all understand, but I hope you get what I mean].

One big thing that happened during one of the [recent] experiences was actually pretty cool. I had finished smoking a little spliff [hoping to enhance the effects] and was staring out my window when I noticed the ground was shifting around, or rather the shadows on the ground. After staring for a minute the weed started to take some decent effect and I got this serious body buzz. It only lasted for about 30 seconds, but I felt this amazing rush as I watched the ground move around. What made this so great was that as it was happening what I was thinking about how during past experiences this wouldn't have been the least bit pleasant and that if I just helped myself along, I could have a great time.

Hopefully I can go into my next trip feeling more confident. The experiences 2 years ago all involved feeling anxious and nervous after taking the mushrooms, however the last couple times I just told myself to ignore what I had done and let it take its course without concerning myself with its effects. This probably helped as well. Regardless, my next experience will be a significant one. It will probably be today with a friend of mine.

As for what nonovelties had to say, I must say that you don't know me or anything about me. All I talked about in my first post was how I felt and commented that 'I would really like to experience mushrooms in a great way'. How did you determine that my use 'seems typical of the misuse of psilocybe mushrooms' by what I said? And if I was 'simply looking for a quick high' I think I could come up with a lot quicker ways than growing mushrooms! Not to mention cheaper. Hell, in the same time it takes to order spores off the internet I could order one [or more] of the many legal yet powerful substances out there. You're simply ignorant.

OfflineShiin
Orthodox Christian

#4243438 - 06/01/05 10:52 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I can think of two things that will help, first off have a pure mind and be confortable seeing the world from an outside point of view, I meditate and I get that feeling alot. Use it to ur advantage, it sometimes gets to me 2. and 2 try to be in a bright area ive found that if im in the dark or a tinted room , tho confortable i have inpleasant thoughts, tho when im in my white hall way staring up at the light i have the most unbelivable euphoria, jes giv it a try n see wat happens.

--------------------

Respect...............

Everything I state is strickly false information.

"I do not take drugs, I am drugs" Salvador Dali

God destroyeth the wisdom of the wise, by the foolishness of preaching, and calleth not the wise, mighty, and noble, but the foolish, weak, and men of no account.

1 Corinthians 1:27

OfflineAsanteA
light your candle on my love
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
    #4243666 - 06/01/05 12:18 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I guess you know the set/setting issues, have read the FAQs etc etc.

Please take the possibility into the equasion that, perhaps, psychedelics are not for you.

Just like Hernandez' Hyper Habanero Hotsauce is not for everybody, psychedelics may not sit too well with you.

The way to overcome Purgatory is to march straight through Hell. Anything that tries to distract you from the realities will end up getting you LOST in that unsavoury place.

If bad trips started in your first 10 and most have been bad ever since, there are two possibilities:
1..You should not use them. You might end up in psychological trouble.
2..Hard work lies ahead to achieve personal growth.

In my veteran :wink: eyes the fact that you had difficult experiences from the start is a clear sign much more difficulties may lie ahead. If you can cope with them it is OK, but if you can't, really can't, then you might end up worse off.

"May give rise to serious psychologic disturbances"

A strong sense of emptiness can lead to overwhelming feelings of despair. People say "Fear is a poor advisor" but if you think that then how about the "advice" some people get from utter despair?

I can tell you what the emptiness is, if you allow me some psycho-babble. The "emptiness" is not a hole in the mushroom but a hole within you. Something is missing, in your life or in your self-image. You may have tucked some painful insights or semi-insights away in RL, but under the magnifying glass of psychedelics an eerie void alerts you that something isn't there that perhaps should be.

Through Lysergic eyes your whole world may crumble or lose its meaning. Or on a deeper level: you may totally and utterly dismiss yourself in self-rejection.

Its almost always a lack of basic TRUST and a REFUSAL to let go and experience the unpleasant with the same eagerness as you do the happy stuff. Self-rejection brings about the worst bad trips in the book.

The only way OUT is to go IN.
Straight through Hell.

If you want to read about me taking LSD and having a major bad trip (and getting out of it in all ways) type "Explorers in the Further Regions of Experience" in the Shroomery search-engine.
It was quite the Hell-ride, but I managed to fully surrender to it and was shot into the higher Heavens of Lysergia :heart:

We all have our dragons to slay. Some of us cannot do that and they should not use psychedelics at all.

Psychedelics often require a sacrifice. I myself am lightly tripping for 24/7 for two years now, that was my price to pay. And for me it is worth it. (slight HPPD)
People think lightly about psychedelics, but its a life decision.
Some rare people go round the bend psychiatrically for years on end.
Many people get persisting psychedelic effects in their sober state.

How to slay the dragon?
Throw away your sword. Toss aside your shield and take off your armour. Then lie down in front of the great monster you feared all your life and resist not the least bit when it makes your worst nightmare come true and tears you to shreds.
Straight through Hell.

People can say you should seek distraction, empower yourself, use hard drugs to escape the bad feeling... But you now know that only will tuck it back to reappear with a vengeance in a later time or trip.

Bad Trips, even the ones that start for silly reasons, are you getting entangled in the way you handle life. It's all about nonacceptance of life and yourself, but taking that on is taking on the very thing that keeps you from plain simple Unreserved Happiness aka Satori(TM)

If you fail to yield to the dragon (and some have got psychiatric disorders nobody knows they have, that prevent their yielding or even a fair fight) you may make life less pleasant. If you manage to totally surrender and go with the flow you might even enhance the quality of your life.

As I see it you've got issues. You can either resolve them in a sober state or take them on in Lysergia.

Think it through if you really want to trip. If you choose you want to trip, make sure you also choose to face some pretty dire stuff.
Perhaps it wont even happen and you'll smile all the while. Perhaps every Trip gets evermore severe. Nobody can say, really.

Boom. Here's my 2 cents on bad trips and how to handle them. Whatever you decide to do, do it with all your heart and your mind made up. :heart:

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Hot Sauce

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience