Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Peat, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSEN_DF
Stranger
I just can't win! 'Crappy flush' [PICTURES]
    #4240211 - 05/31/05 03:51 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Honestly, I'm VERY disappointed. After drying the mushrooms from my first flush [only one casing, B+] I got a HUGE 7.9 grams. Wow. Though I wasn't surprised, seeing as how they were all small and skinny.

I'm guessing it's a humidity issue, but I just can't win in this department. I purchased this humidifier a couple days ago in hopes of solving the problem, unfortunately here I am. Now the humidifier you see there is the EXACT one I bought, I would have liked to get one of these but was unable to find one.

Now, my terrarium max?s out at 75%, and the humidifier leaks! The reason the humidifier leaks is because I had to clog 3/5 vent holes on the front with cotton to help increase the output to the terrarium [via a 5/8? hose barb connected to the upper area of the reservoir]. This creates a backpressure in the humidifier causing water to leak out between the reservoir and the impeller unit [there is no seal between these two pieces].

Has anyone used this humidifier? How did you modify it? Did you have any trouble with it? Any suggestions would be appreciated. I honestly can?t believe that a cool mist humidifier I just paid $30 for can?t raise the humidity to a necessary level in a terrarium so small [it only fits 2 casings]!

Thanks for any help. I?ve got 2 casings [Equador] getting ready and I want this thing running smooth when I put them in]. Oh, and sorry for the shitty pictures!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineHidingInPlainSight
Male User Gallery
Loc: Portland, OR
Re: I just can't win! 'Crappy flush' [PICTURES] [Re: SEN_DF]
    #4240257 - 05/31/05 04:02 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

How much substrate was used and how deep was it?

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
Re: I just can't win! 'Crappy flush' [PICTURES] [Re: HidingInPlainSight]
    #4240270 - 05/31/05 04:05 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

its nto a humidity issue, its a substrate issue, what were u using for substrate and how deep was it? by the sound of it im guessing pf substrate and not more than 2 inches deep

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

OfflineSouthPArk
C'est La Vie
Female User Gallery

Loc: SouthPArk Flag
Re: I just can't win! 'Crappy flush' [PICTURES] [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #4240288 - 05/31/05 04:10 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Use like an inch of Verm on the Bottom and then 4 inches of Substare then another 1/2 or inch of Casing layer on Top!
+more Moisture and Air Exhchange and you'll get Bigger shrooms!

--------------------

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

OfflineSEN_DF
Stranger
Re: I just can't win! 'Crappy flush' [PICTURES] [Re: SouthPArk]
    #4240340 - 05/31/05 04:22 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

WOW! 4 inches? Really? Damn. Well, it's any easy problem to fix at least.

I had used 1 inch of wet verm on the bottom, and the same on top as per quite a few things I read. The casing I do have does seem weak too. What could I do for the two I started? They were done the same way [1" verm on top and bottom] but have yet to be taken over, they're only two days old. The pans they're in are a little shallow [only about 1.5" of clearance left] so 4" is out of the question [plus that still seems a little deep to me].

Would throwing some wet verm or maybe even peat moss onto the top [once it starts to case] help the situation? Anything better I could use? I only have an inch to work with [I'd like to keep the .5] and would like to utilize this as best as possible.

Oh and a quick question, when it comes to misting the casings, I feel a little uneasy. Should I just give the surface a couple sprays or should I get it nice and moist with like 10 sprays or something? I have a mister that shoots pretty fine so there?s not much danger of large drops.

Thanks.

OfflineSEN_DF
Stranger
Re: I just can't win! 'Crappy flush' [PICTURES] [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #4240347 - 05/31/05 04:23 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

You got it right on the fucking nose lordoftheshroomz!

Edited by SEN_DF (05/31/05 04:23 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Peat, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation