Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Loc: mountains and lakes
perfect timing
    #4239750 - 05/31/05 01:39 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Yesterday my grandmother recieved a call that her sister is dieing for a few days now, so she decided to travel to another town to see her.
This morning she went there, all all her relatives went to hospital to see her. My grandmother went in the room (her sister was breathing heavy and had her arms tied to the bed (I don't know why) but she wasn't conscious, or at least it seemed that way).
My grandmother went out of the room, and a few second later her sister died.

Since her siter has been dieing for days and nobody knew when is she really going to die, my grandmother could have gone there any day at any time of day, and when she got there, she could have went into the hospital at any time during visiting hours, and could have walked into the room a minute later, or ten minutes before if she had gotten lost in the corridors or something.

But it happened with perfect timing.

Is it possible that the body/mind of her sister had subconsciously waited for some kind of relief which came in form of the visit of her close ones?
In such a bad condition on the edge of life, any spark can mean life and death and can push the organism over the edge, perhapse a slight chemical reaction to some food or maybe a sudden movement of the body, or a thought. So is it possible that the mental process of waiting and finaly getting what you waited for could influence the state of a dieing organism?

I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: perfect timing [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #4240061 - 05/31/05 03:14 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I'm sure that in a situation like that...where death is lingering. That the person dying can "hold death off" (if you will) for a time. Until a close relative shows up. I have seen this happen before and heard of it happening on more than one occasion.

Who really knows? :shrug:

I'm not one to believe in "coincidence"......most (if not all) things happen for a reason.

Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology