Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Loc: PNW
Vegatarian update
    #4238230 - 05/30/05 09:46 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

A while ago I posted how I decided to go vegetarian after I had a wierd experience while eating meat where I was repulsed by it.  It's going great.  I feel much better then I used to, already. 

But, I feel better mostly because it's been mentally freeing.  Since I've eaten meat almost my whole life, it was such an engrained thing for me.  It was so much a part of my conditioning.  Since I stopped eating meats, I've had to throw out this entire conditioning.  Now, I am free to form a diet without my conditioned appitite for food, and it's easy to select good healthy foods most of the time.  I'm eating about 50% really really good stuff and 40% organic version of mac and cheese type stuff, and 10% crap like ice cream, and it's so much better already.  I feel like I am actually tasting my food for the first time in years, because I was so conditioned to the old way of eating.  I'm cooking now :smile:.  Every time I eat the good stuff I feel like it's better then the last.  I just had some creamy roasted red pepper soup and whole wheat bread.  Yum yum yum.  :laugh:

To anyone considering making the change - if you allow yourself to let go, it's very easy and freeing.  :laugh:

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: Vegatarian update [Re: tomk]
    #4238261 - 05/30/05 09:55 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

to counteract you, I am doubling my meat intake.

I feel so alive!

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
    #4238271 - 05/30/05 09:59 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Vegetarians are like Christians. Some of them do it well and enjoy it and set a good example for others who are interested. But the pushy fuckers who try to tell me I am wrong for not doing it their way just piss me the fuck off!!

Enjoy your soy burger...but leave my steak alone, damnit!

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

InvisibleDelyrium
lemonadeh.o.n.e.y.

Loc: vermont
Re: Vegatarian update [Re: afoaf]
    #4238273 - 05/30/05 10:00 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

yay! im so glad it's going well for u. it's hard in the beginning but it's just natural after a while.

u will have to deal w/ assholes though. i get people being like "well i'm glad ur not a preachy vegetarian HOWEVER meat is so on and so on".... you'll get people who don't wanna hear u preach about vegetarianism but will preach to u THEIR beliefs on why eating meat is "healthy"... it's silly and u just gotta shrug it off. i tell people it's a lifestyle and my reasoning for it is for me to know... they don't need to know (my reasoning is health, animal rights, evironmental rights). I found that when u answer questions like "why are you a vegetarian" ... u can be like "well animal rights" and they will be like "WOAH stop being so preachy!!"... it's weird... they ask u questions and when u answer, i guess it's something they dont wanna hear so they bitch at u for talking about it... meanwhile they are the ones that asked.

it's tough but i just block it out. my last two bf's were vegetarians and that helped a lot as far as dealing w/ them. but this current bf - all he eats is chicken... like 10 times a day, EVERY day. i dont care what he eats but he does occassionally torture me by putting it in my face and shit.

--------------------
Fuck Ted Nugent he?s a fucking jerk
I wish that he?d be gone
Chauvanistic republican
Kills animals cause he
Forgot how to write a song

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Vegatarian update [Re: Delyrium]
    #4238276 - 05/30/05 10:02 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Haha.  Looks like you and I should go have dinner together Del! :tongue:

--------------------

InvisibleDelyrium
lemonadeh.o.n.e.y.

Re: Vegatarian update [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #4238287 - 05/30/05 10:05 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

lol - really i don't preach. i answer questions, that's it. people just dont wanna hear the answer to their questions so they start getting defensive. it's weird. im definately NOT a pushy person - however, like anything, the person who thinks it's bad should also be well educated in the diet and what the factory farming does to animals, the environment and ur health. after looking at those factors, if it's STILL worth eating meat, then be my guest.

i don't bitch at people for eating meat. i just dont like being taunted by them. it's not fair - a double standard. the meat eaters don't want u to be pushy and preachy... but they are that to ME!

--------------------
I wish that he?d be gone
Chauvanistic republican
Kills animals cause he

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

#4238288 - 05/30/05 10:05 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

His cum must taste bad.  Like chicken piss.

:rotfl:

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Loc: inside
    #4238289 - 05/30/05 10:06 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

good for you, if I could take time to prepare shit I would do the same thing...I eat more salads now...I still feel the same..but I think just balancing your diet is the best thing..
Big deal, I just beed to quit fuking cigarettes, and I would be healthier...I exercise a lot, I am getting into riding bicycles..besides women do not like a fat fucker..I am not fat..I have lost a bunch of weight since i was forced to quit smoking pot..I have never been that fat anyway,, :rolleyes:
but, I am really cutting down on smoking to the point I can quit...and getting into biking, why because I like it, it is so free..you can go anywhere you damn well please, it is total freedom...
  and I like to go hiking and camping too...time to go clubbing too..I have a free ride back from a club that is nearby...I just found out..I could take the bus there and they will bring you home in a van for free, well of course the expence of the club membership...
  fuck about time there are clubs that care about thier patrons..this club has everything for everybody too..and it is a restaraunt on the side..fuck, I have been missing out..

Edited by skunk78395 (05/30/05 10:09 PM)

InvisibleDelyrium
lemonadeh.o.n.e.y.

#4238293 - 05/30/05 10:08 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

lol... i won't go there.

but he's lean as ever. he also runs a few miles in the morning and surfs a few days a week. he's in VERY good shape and is very thin too. but i just worry bc he takes NO supplements (doesn't believe in them) and RARELY eats ANY veggies or fruit. being physically fit is 1 thing but nutritional wise... i hope it doesnt come to kick him in the ass.

--------------------
I wish that he?d be gone
Chauvanistic republican
Kills animals cause he

InvisiblePaulAtreides
Paw Paw DBK ...

#4238299 - 05/30/05 10:09 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I get a hard on when i cut a huge extra rare steak open and the blood fills my plate up....I sop the blood up with a few dinner rolls
Man thats heavenly and a lot better than tripping shrooms any day :tongue: :thumbup:

--------------------

WDYWFM?
I just want full access damnit
Rono he hate me...
I'm going to be reading every post that you make...and anything that even remotely offends me is going to get your ass banned. How you like 'dem apples asshole?

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Re: Vegatarian update [Re: PaulAtreides]
    #4238304 - 05/30/05 10:11 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Actually it's a lot like tripping on opiates.

When you eat meat, especially red meat, some of the protiens break down into chemicals that activate the opiate receptors in your brain.

Same with milk and cheese. Casomophin or something like that.

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4238318 - 05/30/05 10:15 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, thats cool Del.  I don't have a beef with the vegetarian lifestyle myself (sorry for the bad pun there).  I respect anyone who cares enough to have the determination to stick to a diet like that.  And I'm not a preachy meat eater either.  Hey, whatever works for you, I say do it!  Actually, we probably could have a pretty enjoyable dinner together.

As far as the health benefits go...if I was that worried about my health I'd probably stop smoking first! :smirk:

--------------------

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

#4238333 - 05/30/05 10:20 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

just dont ever quit smoking cannabis, unless you are forced to...well intirely anyway...I wish I wans't taking drug tests ince a week, I am not being forced to quit...but the consiquenses are pretty shitty..

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Vegatarian update [Re: Skunk420]
    #4238335 - 05/30/05 10:21 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

skunk78395 said:
just dont ever quit smoking cannabis, unless you are forced to...well intirely anyway...I wish I wans't taking drug tests ince a week, I am not being forced to quit...but the consiquenses are pretty shitty..

I quit cannabis over 10 years ago.  Never missed it much. :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #4238348 - 05/30/05 10:26 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

It's working out great here too man! The desire to eat meat has diminished to near-zilch in the past month, and if I desire any type of meat it's fish... which I still eat with pleasure. Mm, I ate some vegetarian sushi the other day. :drooling:

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
Re: Vegatarian update [Re: afoaf]
    #4238353 - 05/30/05 10:29 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

afoaf said:
to counteract you, I am doubling my meat intake.

I feel so alive!

What makes you think all vegetarian's are PETA freaks? When i was a vegetarian it wasn't because of the killing of animals.

Edited by mindcandy (05/30/05 10:30 PM)

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

#4238361 - 05/30/05 10:31 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

oh really...wow, to each his own, it helped me not drink beer so much, or at all...it helped with my addicting personality..good thing I never did crack or meth very often though, because I got smart...and stopped myslef when i did too much...
never again though, shrooms, LSD, psychedelics and beer for me..I am cutting down on beer again...

Edited by skunk78395 (05/30/05 10:33 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals