Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleZestyMycelium
journeyman
 User Gallery
OK to re-sterilize/re-inoculate after 2 weeks with no colonization?
    #4238183 - 05/30/05 11:30 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Hello!

Last week I posted that I had some jars sitting for 7 days and I hadnt seen a trace of colonization. Well, today 15 of my 30 jars are rampant with mycelial growth. The loosely packed 'Alien Substrate' style jars (cooked whole grain Quinoa and Brown Rice, Flax meal and vermiculite) are taking off like rockets, and the BRF jars are doing fine as well.

However, those are all the jars I inoculated with syringes from a 2 year old EQ print. The Tazmanians are showing no signs of colonization and at this point Im assuming the slow rate of growth is due to old spores.

One great thing is that even after 2 weeks with no signs of mycelium, the uncolonized jars are showing NO signs of contams.

Do you think it would be OK to resterilize and re-inoculate these jars? Id hate to throw out good substrate...

Thanks!
Zesty

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMych
Stranger

Re: OK to re-sterilize/re-inoculate after 2 weeks with no colonization? [Re: ZestyMycelium]
    #4238194 - 05/30/05 11:33 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

im running into the same issue. 3 out of 4 strains i have used are showing NO signs of growth in the jars... im thinking of injecting a bit of water first since they seem kinda dry

InvisibleZestyMycelium
journeyman
 User Gallery
Re: OK to re-sterilize/re-inoculate after 2 weeks with no colonization? [Re: Mych]
    #4238208 - 05/30/05 11:36 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I made 3 different types of substrate across 30 different jars, half with EQ and half with TAZ. Nearly all of the EQ's are off and running, and NONE of the Tazmanians. I was going to make a syringe out of the entire print and see where it got me:)

How old were your syringes/spores?

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Trusted Cultivator
Re: OK to re-sterilize/re-inoculate after 2 weeks with no colonization? [Re: Mych]
    #4238213 - 05/30/05 11:39 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

as long as there is no huge amount of contaminants you will be fine if you recook them. they might loose a lil moisture but it wont be a problem. As for the other guys thinking that his jars are too dry, its probably not the case. Mycelium survies and thrives with high and low water contents. The main purpose of soaking your seed to its maximum is for yeilds. lets say 1 is no moisture and 10 is soaked almost gooey, mycelium does the best in the 3-7 range. So your stuff isnt too dry

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

Teh=The

I need to proofread

InvisibleZestyMycelium
journeyman
 User Gallery
Re: OK to re-sterilize/re-inoculate after 2 weeks with no colonization? [Re: tahoe]
    #4238222 - 05/30/05 11:43 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Sweet, thanks for the reply Tahoe.

OfflineMych
Stranger

Re: OK to re-sterilize/re-inoculate after 2 weeks with no colonization? [Re: tahoe]
    #4238607 - 05/31/05 01:59 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

tahoe said:
as long as there is no huge amount of contaminants you will be fine if you recook them. they might loose a lil moisture but it wont be a problem. As for the other guys thinking that his jars are too dry, its probably not the case. Mycelium survies and thrives with high and low water contents. The main purpose of soaking your seed to its maximum is for yeilds. lets say 1 is no moisture and 10 is soaked almost gooey, mycelium does the best in the 3-7 range. So your stuff isnt too dry

my stuff is PF tek.. and its been almost 3 weeks since i innoced. 2 weeks ago 1 of my 4 strains showed growth and is almost done.. 100% of my other 3 strains are showing absolutely nothing. the BRF cakes look very dry (like no moisture collecting on the glass anymore).

to the OP: my syringes are only a few weeks old after i got my order (from TLG).

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation