Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineTangerines
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: woodwork Flag
Weird highs
    #4237502 - 05/30/05 05:26 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Lately I have been having some weird ass highs. It may be anxiety or depression or bad health or totally mental but I really don't know. When I smoke all is good for like 10 minutes then it almost seems like 'i forgot how to breathe' even though I am still breathing. It gets to the point where I am almost 'tripping' and see tracers and objects in my peripheral vision swirl a bit. Maybe it has to do with my eyes getting so red they look like they are bleeding. I dunno if I am the only person who this happens so.

Also my comedowns have been heavier and I just feel REALLY drained.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
Re: Weird highs [Re: Tangerines]
    #4237517 - 05/30/05 05:32 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

smoking some high quality pot lately? i get that way with the really good shit.

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

OfflineTangerines
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Weird highs [Re: wrestler_az]
    #4237578 - 05/30/05 05:54 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

It may be low blood pressure or low blood sugar. I notice during this my blood flow seems altered and i can almost 'shut down' parts of my body.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #4237608 - 05/30/05 06:04 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Maybe it would help to examine your diet and see if you're getting all the vitamens you need.  Sometimes a vitamen deficiency can cause whacked out shit to happen to your mind/body.  Start taking multi-vitamens if you are in doubt.  Make sure you are drinking enough water too...

Do you often get low blood suger?  What do you usually do to solve the problem?

Or maybe you just got some wicked awesome weed.  If that is true, then I envy you.  :cool:  If it bugs you out, pack smaller bowls. 

Good luck, hope you find the source of the problem.  :heart:

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
    #4237636 - 05/30/05 06:14 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I get the same sort of feelings when I smoke sort of. The heart beat and anxious feeling is too much, it reminds me of like a bad trip or something. I used to be able to smoke and enjoy it just fine. After the many years of smoking, it just doesn't create a pleasant effect anymore, no matter what kind of weed I have. It's been like three or four years since smoking regularly and even when I try a little bit I still get that awful feeling to this day. For some reason I'll never be able to enjoy it ever again. It sucks. So it's pretty much worthless to me anymore.
I don't know if this is related to what you are experiencing or not really, hopefully not.

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

OfflineEnCHaNTeDHoBBiT
Drug Connoisseur

Loc: Crawling on The Forest Fl...
Re: Weird highs [Re: eris]
    #4242904 - 06/01/05 01:37 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

It's probably a slight panic attack trying to come on. Sometimes panic attacks/paranoia tend to force you to have to "remember to breathe" and this forces your normal breathing rhythm to go out of sync. This also happens to me on some very good weed or if I simply hold the smoke too long. Be careful because it may be something serious, just watch yourself closely just in case.

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: Weird highs [Re: EnCHaNTeDHoBBiT]
    #4244220 - 06/01/05 01:02 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Happens to me on really good weed as well, but do make a point of checking over your diet. Getting enough vitamins, enough iron? Maybe it could also be a panic attack, that's something definitely not foreign.

Lets just hope that it's good weed though. :wink:

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

OfflineTangerines
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Weird highs [Re: browndustin]
    #4248560 - 06/02/05 02:48 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Ya I have been excersicing and trying to eat well and eliminate processed foods from my diet. Hopefully this will help. Also school is letting out in a week which is always a nice thought. I do not think it is anything physical because if I smoke after I drink, I am totally fine because the booze helps me relax. So it is good that I know it is all mental and hopefully I can overcome this. Thanks for the input guys.

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
    #4251344 - 06/03/05 04:02 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I have the same problem sometimes and some of my friends have gotten it too. I notice I'm usually standing up when it happens and I get really lightheaded like I'm going to pass out and get a bunch of anxiety and sort of feel like I'm mentally dying. The best thing I've found to do is just kneel down (One time I didn't kneel and actually ended up taking a nose dive). Anyways, I see this happen to a lot of people and my best guess is a panic attack - because it just seems to come in times I have anxiety about something. Usually in larger crowds or when I've done something to stress myself out.

I also get a similar lightheadedness when I'm really dehydrated and stand up quickly, so ya water is good as Ellemysh said.

--------------------
]

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Weird highs [Re: Wysefool]
    #4253295 - 06/03/05 06:07 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

"I dunno if I am the only person who this happens so."

No, its a shift.. :smile:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineFungaleo
Enthusiast

Re: Weird highs [Re: Gomp]
    #4260469 - 06/05/05 03:59 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I was in the same boat as you, smoking weed every day for two years and loving it. After a while I became anxious and when I'd smoke even a little I'd suffer full blown panic attacks time and time again. I quit smoking for three months and my anxiety level dropped significantly. Now I can smoke once in a while by myself and be fine but I still avoid smoking in social settings for fear of having another attack.

I guess what I'm saying is that weed can cause panic attacks in people who are generally anxious. If this sounds like you than try giving weed a break while you straighten things out.

Good luck.

OfflineUncleLuke
Crack andlasers.
Male

Loc: North Florida
Re: Weird highs [Re: Fungaleo]
    #4260849 - 06/05/05 06:14 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I can't believe no one's suggested that he's simply burnt out. You're all listing the common symptoms of burn out. Greatly increased heart rate, very fatigued, blood shot eyes, increased blood pressure, nervous feeling, basicly a bad trip.

The cure:
Quit smoking for at least 2 weeks, then try again.

This has happened to me at least 6 times before. It usually happens after smoking a lot each day for a period of at least 3 weeks. My friends told me about burning out and did what they said. Layed off the stuff for a couple weeks. Then I smoked after those 2 weeks and everything was back to normal.

Search the posts in the forum for 'burnt out' or 'burn out' and you'll find a lot more info. Hope this helps...

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds