Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
How do you "see yourself" in your dreams?
    #4237479 - 05/30/05 07:17 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

How do you appear in your dreams? Do you consistantly take on the image of a particular dream character, are you in first person, third person or something different?

I always experience my dreams in third person (looking down at myself) and I am always a girl of about 9-10 in my dreams, never wearing clothes, always covered in mud and I always behave like an animal, very wild, snarling and unrestrained. In almost every dream this character I turn into is resisting someone, being a rebellious (and in some cases dangerous) pest.

I used to wonder why I always turn into her, but I think it's because at that age I used be like her. That age was the heyday of my childhood; anything was possible back then. I spent most of my time making mud-pies, wallowing in creek beds, catching toads and pretending to be a wild animal as I roamed the forests and stuff.

Of course it could be for another reason, somehow in my dreams I always appear as this dirty, cantakerous little girl and it reminds me of that time in my childhood.

Of course there could be deeper psychological reasons why I appear as her.

Does anyone else experience reoccuring dream-selves?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: How do you "see yourself" in your dreams? [Re: MOTH]
    #4237483 - 05/30/05 07:18 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Huh.

Maybe my memory is failing me, but i don't think i've ever seen myself in my dreams. I feel my presence, but thats it.

The one time I can remember seeing myself was from a dream when i was.. about 6? And for some odd reason I was female.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: How do you "see yourself" in your dreams? [Re: vampirism]
    #4237525 - 05/30/05 07:36 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

fe-male ...

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
    #4237671 - 05/30/05 08:24 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I always dream in first person.

It's really fascinating to me that you see yourself. Sounds like a computer game. I wonder how uncommon that is. It must have some significance for the relationship between your ego and your self-image or something like that.

--------------------
youi was a pig informatnt so you can go fuckyoruselfs

OfflineRetired
Re: How do you "see yourself" in your dreams? [Re: question_for_joo]
    #4237696 - 05/30/05 08:32 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Strangely in my dreams ever since I was a kid I have always been deaf in my dreams. I am not deaf in real life. As a kid I would get really frustrated I could not communicate. Now in real life I am a interpreter for the deaf!!! and I can communicate in my dreams for once...I love it!

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #4237710 - 05/30/05 08:35 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Usually in my dreams, im usually always appearing out, like i would in real life. From first person, but if im in third person, im more of a narrator or an observer, and my body isnt there. Sometimes I percieve other conflicts and beings, and i become one in one of those beings, and i take on that "dream". So sometimes i have the choice to be in one mode or someone elses character than my own.

Mostly, though, im casually interacting with dream characters, sometimes having a real experience within my dream, but a lot of times just observing, and reacting/adjusting to my uncious state, and the thoughts/feelings/emotions that i experience while im in my dream state. Mostly, i will re visit certain places in my dream world.

Which in my dream world, the places and things, are severely mixed. I may have a road from one part of a place in reality, with a different type of houses/people from another place. its like this huge melting pot of things ive seen and not seen in my life. So they become a very dynamic landscape, always and completely new and undiscovered. Occassionaly ill run into a dream phase that is somewhat simillar, but not very often.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4237713 - 05/30/05 08:36 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I've seen myself in more ways than I can remember, and in some cases not seen myself at all.

One dream I had was just a vision where the sky was spinning and one day was dissipating into the next while the sun moved higher into the heavens, telling me that nothing was controllable. Yet I wasn't even in it; this was a pure vision with my ego completely excluded. These types of dreams are always about the sky with the moon, stars and sun though, and often have words floating in them.

Other dreams I see myself like a movie, sometimes first person, sometimes overhead, sometimes scanning around. It's like my dreams are trying to make me see the most in my dreams possible in these cases.

Other times it's pure first person, other times it's pure third person. My mind's just as chaotic dreaming as it is awake, but personally, I love the visionary dreams where my ego doesn't exist the best.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineRetired
Re: How do you "see yourself" in your dreams? [Re: Retired]
    #4237714 - 05/30/05 08:36 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Dreams are an amazing thing. Things you do on the outside affect how you react to situations and behave on the inside. The cool thing is sometimes you are the complete opposite in your dreams then you are in the real world...

For Example...

In life your an outstanding member of the shroomery

In dream your a female child naked in a mud puddle

Two separate things but I bet if you were to change your life style your dreams would follow...

OfflineDoom
Rogue

Loc: ghost-train city
Re: How do you "see yourself" in your dreams? [Re: Retired]
    #4237959 - 05/30/05 10:06 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

so am I to believe that reality and dreams are somehow connected> is that your assertion>????

bahh, hippie-mumbo jumbo.

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
    #4238034 - 05/30/05 10:30 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

EllemyshShade said:
How do you appear in your dreams? Do you consistantly take on the image of a particular dream character, are you in first person, third person or something different?

I always experience my dreams in third person (looking down at myself) and I am always a girl of about 9-10 in my dreams, never wearing clothes, always covered in mud and I always behave like an animal, very wild, snarling and unrestrained. In almost every dream this character I turn into is resisting someone, being a rebellious (and in some cases dangerous) pest.

I used to wonder why I always turn into her, but I think it's because at that age I used be like her. That age was the heyday of my childhood; anything was possible back then. I spent most of my time making mud-pies, wallowing in creek beds, catching toads and pretending to be a wild animal as I roamed the forests and stuff.

Of course it could be for another reason, somehow in my dreams I always appear as this dirty, cantakerous little girl and it reminds me of that time in my childhood.

Of course there could be deeper psychological reasons why I appear as her.

Does anyone else experience reoccuring dream-selves?

I am always in first person

often I'm excited, craving for adventure, and I travel on foot or with bicycle. I often float too, sort of like in watter or on moon.

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: How do you "see yourself" in your dreams? [Re: Ravus]
    #4238134 - 05/30/05 11:09 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Im like ravus I have seen myself in first person and in 3rd. Ive also had visions where im not even in them at all. Once I just saw a pin point of white light and then all of a sudden it exploded in all directions and I could feel the light completely consume me even though I wasn't physically there. I also have a recurring dream like you do ellemy alot of my dreams involve me walking through appartment buildings/dorm style buildings but the rooms don't have any privacy like you would expect to have in real life places, there are no doors or even walls for each unit you can just see into them or walk in if no ones home I always wondered wtf the meant?

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: How do you "see yourself" in your dreams? [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #4238254 - 05/30/05 11:54 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

All kinds of views here, from me to not me.
Dreams of tripping, dreams that are just trips.

My dreams often take place in real life locales but they are corresponding places in dream land that are actually quite different from the real life places. I always have so much fun playing around in my old schools which sometimes include bookstores in them!

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: How do you "see yourself" in your dreams? [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #4239009 - 05/31/05 07:18 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Interesting feedback guys, thanks.  It's pretty amazing how everyone experiences their dreams differently.  I keep meaning to get into lucid dreaming too, but I like pot too much.  Even when I smoke I dream, although they are less vivid and I have no control over what happens in them.  They are still the same type dream though, with me as the little girl. 

Right now I'm on a week-long weed break, so my sleep has been quite active lately.  :smile:

Quote:

QuantumMeltdown said:
I also have a recurring dream like you do ellemy alot of my dreams involve me walking through appartment buildings/dorm style buildings but the rooms don't have any privacy like you would expect to have in real life places, there are no doors or even walls for each unit you can just see into them or walk in if no ones home I always wondered wtf the meant?

Reoccuring dreams fascinate me the most.  Who knows why are brains keep sending us back to certain places/people.  Quantum, Maybe you don't like to feel closed off from people in waking life?  Or maybe the opposite is true?  Just a wild, wild guess on my part.  :sun:

See, I'm bad at this dream interpretation thing but it sure is great to think about.

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #4239977 - 05/31/05 02:50 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I usually appear as myself, and I see myself as though the dream is a movie. Occasionally I am someone else, and my activities/reactions to dream events are not mine. These dreams fascinate me, because the characters are so difficult to understand as symbols. Some are from TV shows or movies, others are full-cloth creations.

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    #4240856 - 05/31/05 06:23 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

EllemyshShade said:
See, I'm bad at this dream interpretation thing but it sure is great to think about.

Actually thats not a bad interpetation at all. It's either one of those two things I am sure. Probably that I don't like being closed off from people in my waking life but I am. I should work on that. I have never had a dream where I was someone other than "myself" though like the little girl you mentioned in your dreams.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #4241804 - 05/31/05 10:42 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: How do you "see yourself" in your dreams? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #4242197 - 06/01/05 12:21 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

whats in buddhas lap?

--------------------
What?

OfflineAmber_Glow
Sat Chit Anand

#4242997 - 06/01/05 04:23 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I usually dream from the first person, and I "see myself" with Paris Hilton. ;p

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

Loc: The Womb of Love
Re: How do you "see yourself" in your dreams? [Re: Zero7a1]
    #4243118 - 06/01/05 06:31 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Zero7a1 said:
whats in buddhas lap?

His female consort.

YabYum  :grin: :heart:

--------------------
All you need is Love! Really thats it! Infinite Unconditional Love! Just develop that and all else will fall into place perfectly!

Edited by egghead1 (06/01/05 06:39 AM)

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: How do you "see yourself" in your dreams? [Re: Zero7a1]
    #4243156 - 06/01/05 07:29 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Indeed!

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology