Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinelittleharoldeh
Zoom Zoom Zoom
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Advice for future
    #4237408 - 05/30/05 06:44 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

HI, this is my first time going here, II got CAmbos on BRF, 27 C in the TiT, been 13 days now and none are ready yet, close but not. I;m not being picky, but I was under the impression CAmbos are really really fast, I was told by someone 10 days. SO if that is true. What should I change next time, what factors could cause this extra slowing.
ALso, after I case them, I dunno if I'll have a 10 degree drop in my closet. Is cold shocking worth the risk. What about placing it outside over night or to risky.

Thanks

Nathan

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinegrow
i ^
Re: Advice for future [Re: littleharoldeh]
    #4237456 - 05/30/05 07:04 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Hi

Cambos are fast
however, BRF takes 3x longer than grain

For your future reference and all others on this board, BRF takes LEAST 20 days for anything to colonize it! when you are colonizing grain, such as rye, WBS, it takes only 7 days. what you heard was true, though cambos will not fully colonize a BRF cake in 10 days. It should fully colonize just a few days less than other strains.

Offlineoysterguy63
60's child

Loc: God's Country
    #4237460 - 05/30/05 07:05 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Are the jars half pint of full pint? If they are full pints that could be it, but the cambos I just colonized and fruited were incubated for like 17, so don't worry. It could have to do with nutrient content, moisture, CO2, etc. If they are really slowing, try turning them upside down for a couple of days and see if that helps, and perhaps removing the tape on the syringe holes for more air exchange, as long as you have a good barrier to protect against contaminants.

--------------------
Oysters...yuummmmm

Offlineoysterguy63
60's child

Re: Advice for future [Re: oysterguy63]
    #4237463 - 05/30/05 07:07 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Also, next time try colonizing with pasteurized Horse Poo....from all the reading I have done it is quite fast, produces magnificent fruits, and high psilo content. That is where I am going next, thanks to the seasoned veterans on the site.

--------------------
Oysters...yuummmmm

Offlinelittleharoldeh
Zoom Zoom Zoom
 User Gallery

Re: Advice for future [Re: oysterguy63]
    #4237467 - 05/30/05 07:09 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

They are half's and there is no tape. I left it open, just foil on top. But yeah, I guess that all makes sense. Like I said, some are near, so if 20 days is the marker, I'm sure alot of them will be done by then if not all.
Anyone got a comment on my temp question and cold shocking

Yes, grain I wanna do. I have some panama I'd like to use. I wanna do rye or something but I half to look through the shroomery cause for somereason I can't the instrctions for rye, or WBS, when I get time I guess. But doing grain in 1/2, is that useless or not.

Nathan

Offlinelittleharoldeh
Zoom Zoom Zoom
 User Gallery

#4237473 - 05/30/05 07:11 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Well, poo is a whole another level yet. I'll go to grains then poo in the future, but I want somone to answer this, DOESN'T IT STINK. I meant it must. As for poo, does a guy use it the same way as anythign, in jars and shit. I thought it was more of a top layer overtop of like say a spawn of rye or something

Nathan

Offlinepeaceful_gnome
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: BC
Re: Advice for future [Re: grow]
    #4237489 - 05/30/05 07:20 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

as long as your casings are covered/protected from contaminants, there isnt much risk with cold shocking. If you wanna be extra careful, you should clean the outside of your casing containers before putting them into your fruiting chamber.

Offlineoysterguy63
60's child

Re: Advice for future [Re: peaceful_gnome]
    #4237515 - 05/30/05 07:31 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Pre pasteurized poo isn't too bad, sure as hell beats pasteurizing it yourself..hee hee. Unfortunately the price is high, although one of the sponsors is running a special on the past Poo right now.

Also, as the other member shared with you, cold shocking isn't really a big risk unless you leave it in that area too long, and isn't beneficial if you leave don't leave it in long enough. The general rule of thumb seems to be 24 hour dunks/cold shocks, with no more than 30 hours and no less than 12-16...from what I have read, seen, and experienced.

--------------------
Oysters...yuummmmm

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation