Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Loc: Central Illinois
Soorryy !?!?!?!
    #4236695 - 05/30/05 03:18 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, in my earlier post I asked for tips on mushroom hunting in Illinois. All I get is a bunch of A-Holes telling me to shut up and abide by the posting rules. Ok soorryy!?!?!?! Lemme start again. I know what active mushrooms grow around here by looking on the site. I guess what I really wanted to know is where to look, whats the best wheather for them, and what is the ideal time of the year to look? Ok maybe this time I will still get the same replys, but all I really want is some help after that I probably wont post anymore anyways. So just help a fellow human out man.

Everyone just needs to calm the fuck down.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Soorryy !?!?!?! [Re: Bayo54]
    #4236779 - 05/30/05 03:39 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, sorry too. But please try to understand that at this interesting and informative site, we see day after day, people asking very simple questions that could be answered if they would read the ****PLEASE READ**** section before posting.
Personally, I can't answer your questions, but read the sticky, it will answer all of your questions, maybe even give a little extra cool info. :grin:

"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

I smoke penis

Loc: Lost
Re: Soorryy !?!?!?! [Re: Bayo54]
    #4236790 - 05/30/05 03:42 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

The reason why they said that Is because every, I mean EVERY question you asked can be answered without clutting up the boards even more.

Looks like your shit outa luck... This is what I found after doing a 2 minute search

Pluteus salicinus (That means Puteus salicinus grows there) and of course probably Pan. Subs. I have never heard of Pluteus and I wouldn't sudjest looking for pan subs to a newbie b/c they have abunch of look alikes.

Edited by Stonerguy (05/30/05 03:44 PM)

Trial by Madness
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Mahjong

Loc: Okanagan Flag
Re: Soorryy !?!?!?! [Re: Stonerguy]
    #4237292 - 05/30/05 06:10 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

i wouls suggest he look for pan subbs
easy enough, dung+straw (or just rotting straw/hay) heaps in warm wet weather.
belted caps, black sporeprint blues at base. easy.

fuck this site
Re: Soorryy !?!?!?! [Re: Mitchnast]
    #4237324 - 05/30/05 06:20 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I also would suggest looking for pan subbs, as mitchnast originaly suggested. They grow on straw or dung, or both, or in rich soils high in nitrogen. They are actualy quite common in lawns around my area, but never in the amounts needed for an "experience". The only times ive ever had enough subbs was from a huge dung patch. They are also fairly easy to identify. If you ever do find anything you may think to be active, bring it here, post pictures (if possible) followed by the required ID fields (you can find those in the thread sticky). We here at the shroomery would be more than happy to ID your mushrooms for you to ensure you a safe and sound journey. Please excuse us here, but we get one too many newbies coming on goin' "duuudddeee whheeerreeess tthheee gooodd sttuufff ggrrrooowwwiiinnn'", which can all be easily answered by reading the shroomery FAQ's. With all tension at rest, welcome to the shroomery, hope to see you around here studying. Have a good day, and good luck in your future hunts.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification