Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinescrooms
Kids Shows?
    #4236547 - 05/30/05 02:18 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I've never done it personally, but seeing as how shrooms tend to bypass your abstract mind and let you see things as you would as a child, has anyone watched any kids shows like Sesame Street, Teletubbies, etc while under the influence? I think it could probably be an interesting thing to watch, and possibly something that could bring someone out of a bad trip. Please share your thoughts and experiences, if any.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinesyanesso
100% pupil

Loc: Evergreen State
Re: Kids Shows? [Re: scrooms]
    #4237245 - 05/30/05 05:53 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

i watched that show wondershowzen on mushrooms not too long ago...it confused the crap out of me and really weirded me out.

--------------------
make sure it bruises blue

OfflineSirRobin
Stranger
Loc: Mid TN
Re: Kids Shows? [Re: syanesso]
    #4237429 - 05/30/05 06:51 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

spongebob is pretty entertaining on shrooms, I wouldnt waste a heavy dose on it tho, but sumtin like 2-3g, sit down n chill with a few buddies n watch some toons, its pretty kool

OfflineMorph89
Stranger
Re: Kids Shows? [Re: SirRobin]
    #4237438 - 05/30/05 06:55 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Haha, I've flipped through the channels before and stumbled across some sesame street and teletubbie-esque shows and they seemed like they'd be hysterical while under the influence. I gotta try it sometime.

I watched tom and jerry stoned with 2 good friends before, we couldnt stop laughing. That shit was diehard entertainment.

Edited by Morph89 (05/30/05 07:01 PM)

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Kids Shows? [Re: scrooms]
    #4237445 - 05/30/05 06:58 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Hmm...never done that before.  But I imagine that kind of stuff would either be disturbing, comforting or just fucking hilarious.  (or maybe all three.  :wink: )

OfflineKodath
strangerThan

Re: Kids Shows? [Re: MOTH]
    #4238416 - 05/31/05 12:53 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Spongebob is possibly one of the most screwed up cartoons I've ever seen. Ren and Stimpy for little kids is the best way I can describe it. Fun to watch while baked, and a little while shrooming, but I don't usually watch much TV on a trip.

--------------------

Life: Main event at the MGM Grand. Murphy's fighting Occam, and you're in the stands.

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: Kids Shows? [Re: Kodath]
    #4238666 - 05/31/05 02:22 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

You know... I was actaully thinking about posting on this subject awhile back. Kid shows are absolutly fantastic when your tripping. There's noting abrasive or negative about them. They're very simple and enjoyable to watch. Nothing but good vibes from Sesame Street!

I usually don't watch TV while I trip, but on my last trip two buddies and I watched an entire episode of Sesame Street. I seriously haven't laughed that hard in a long time. It's overall purpose is to descretely teach children simple things about the alphabet and counting numbers while at the same time keeping them entertained by having silly muppets dacning around... but the way in which the show conveys the information is hilarious. For example... the particular episode we watch was sponserd by the letter "S" and the number "3". So now Big Bird spends an hour trying to count 3 objects that begin with the letter "S". And in between his endevors of counting 3 snakes or 3 pairs of socks there are little short trippy cartoons about the letter S and the number 3. And of course you have Gorver running around yelping at kids trying to get them to count to 3. Then there's the Count counting 3 slithering snakes in his castle... And Snuffy, Telly, Oscar and Burt and Ernie and they're all trying to drill the same concept into your head... like saving the world depends on knowing how to count up to three and knowing words that begin with the letter S. I almost shit my pants when they showed a skit of Bert being mad at Ernie for eating 3 cookies in his bed. If I remember correctly, Erine was still doing the same thing when I was 6... eating his food in Bert's bed. What the fuck is Ernie doing eating food in Bert's bed! My God that show is great. Two thumbs way up for Sesame Street and shrooms!

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
Re: Kids Shows? [Re: djd586]
    #4238787 - 05/31/05 03:43 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

ya every once in a while I watch sesame street even when I'm sober. There's some really funny little skits. I bet it would be great tripping. I like Grover :grin:

--------------------
GET MAD SWAG MONEY BIG PIMPIN

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #4239039 - 05/31/05 07:58 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

djd586 said:
You know... I was actaully thinking about posting on this subject awhile back. Kid shows are absolutly fantastic when your tripping. There's noting abrasive or negative about them. They're very simple and enjoyable to watch. Nothing but good vibes from Sesame Street!

I usually don't watch TV while I trip, but on my last trip two buddies and I watched an entire episode of Sesame Street. I seriously haven't laughed that hard in a long time. It's overall purpose is to descretely teach children simple things about the alphabet and counting numbers while at the same time keeping them entertained by having silly muppets dacning around... but the way in which the show conveys the information is hilarious. For example... the particular episode we watch was sponserd by the letter "S" and the number "3". So now Big Bird spends an hour trying to count 3 objects that begin with the letter "S". And in between his endevors of counting 3 snakes or 3 pairs of socks there are little short trippy cartoons about the letter S and the number 3. And of course you have Gorver running around yelping at kids trying to get them to count to 3. Then there's the Count counting 3 slithering snakes in his castle... And Snuffy, Telly, Oscar and Burt and Ernie and they're all trying to drill the same concept into your head... like saving the world depends on knowing how to count up to three and knowing words that begin with the letter S. I almost shit my pants when they showed a skit of Bert being mad at Ernie for eating 3 cookies in his bed. If I remember correctly, Erine was still doing the same thing when I was 6... eating his food in Bert's bed. What the fuck is Ernie doing eating food in Bert's bed! My God that show is great. Two thumbs way up for Sesame Street and shrooms!

hehe...alright you convinced me that watching Seseme Street on shrooms is something I have to try! I haven't seen that show in more then a decade. Does it still come on PBS (in the US)?

OnlineAsanteA
light your candle on my love
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
    #4239138 - 05/31/05 09:20 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Sesame Street:
the particular episode we watch was sponserd by the letter "S" and the number "3". So now Big Bird spends an hour trying to count 3 objects that begin with the letter "S". And in between his endevors of counting 3 snakes or 3 pairs of socks there are little short trippy cartoons about the letter S and the number 3. And of course you have Gorver running around yelping at kids trying to get them to count to 3. Then there's the Count counting 3 slithering snakes in his castle... And Snuffy, Telly, Oscar and Burt and Ernie and they're all trying to drill the same concept into your head... like saving the world depends on knowing how to count up to three and knowing words that begin with the letter S. I almost shit my pants when they showed a skit of Bert being mad at Ernie for eating 3 cookies in his bed.

Quote:

George W. Bush said:
See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda.

I'm sorry, I picked this actual Bush quote off of the Pol & Act forum because it came to mind when I read djd586's Sesame Street adventure.

I could get political and say Bush is a sesame street reject because he was the only muppet who wasnt funny, but seriously, I was struck by the parallels between the "propaganda" remark and "Sesame Street teaching". Sesame Street is great fun.

Its bewildering that Bert and Ernie share one bed, but now I think of it Laurel & Hardy flicks feature two grown men sharing one bed in the 1920s and I didnt question that as a kid either.

The day that Bert & Ernie are separated by bible belt demand is the day that the world becomes a bit less fun.

I'd never watch TV on a trip but Sesame Street is great stuff to watch sober, in fact I think kids take its funniness more for granted than adults do.

It's a bit like watching an ever-serious friend make an ass of himself and speak in tongues to amuse a baby.

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

OfflinePurpleTentacle
Stranger
Re: Kids Shows? [Re: Asante]
    #4239159 - 05/31/05 09:32 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah watching TV etc is great while tripping I also suggest doing it with no audio, Ive watched futurama while on LSD w/ no audio and man that was fun.

--------------------
Happiness is a chemical reaction.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience