Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

casings prloblems...????
    #4236294 - 05/30/05 10:42 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

ok my casings have been in the fruiting chamber for about a week now and still no signs of pinning, i dont know if im having problems or not.. heres whats going on..

i dont know if im having a humidity problem or what.. ok.. im trying to fruit my casings, i put about 1-2" of perlite on the bottom of my tub.. water beeds all over the place.. added some more perlite.. barly even moist after i mixed it all up.. still water droplets all over the place.. so i pulled all the perlite out and its still over 90%.(just did this today so dont know if beads will form agin). im must worried becuase theres beads forming on my casings.. ive read that that isnt good.. there not big pudles or anything like that just little beads of water.. is that bad?? another thing.. with the water droplets forming on my casings.. how are they drying out?? is it ok to spry your casing untill it starts to pin?? and what is a good humidity to keep your casings at for fruiting, ive read 80-85% and around 70-75 deg. F. that sound right?? i tried to get some pics but my camera sucks ass..:( goes to show you get what u pay for:(

--------------------
:scaryshroom: :shitstorm: :mattz: :bongload: :gethigh: :scaryshroom:

I am not lost.. i am going there looking for it.. and when i get there and find it, i will know what it is..

"The way to stop violence is not to go out and let your head be beaten in but to say, you want to take my life risk yours!"

"are you sure u want to eat all them shrooms??"  "yes i want to hear what my mind has to say..."

remember opions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSouthPArk
C'est La Vie
Female User Gallery

Loc: SouthPArk Flag
Re: casings prloblems...???? [Re: willmafingerdo]
    #4236303 - 05/30/05 10:46 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

stupid question:

When u Cased did you put it back into the Incubator for a few dayz??
Pinning can take up to 2 weeks I hear..10days max 4 me!

Everything seems ok to me temp's and RH are good....My problem with casing is too hihg of humididity and IM getting Pins allll ova! :whack:

--------------------

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

OfflineSouthPArk
C'est La Vie
Female User Gallery

Loc: SouthPArk Flag
Re: casings prloblems...???? [Re: SouthPArk]
    #4236305 - 05/30/05 10:48 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

What kinda Fruiting Chamber are you Using???

Water droplets from the ceiling droping on casing??

IF so put some Vaseline on a cotton swab and lube up the Lid like crazy!

--------------------

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Invisiblegema
Freedom from the Known

Loc: t(here)
Re: casings prloblems...???? [Re: SouthPArk]
    #4236726 - 05/30/05 01:26 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

yes, when casing put back into the Incubator until the first signs of myc poping up, then patch those area with myc poping up and put in fruiting chamber. use 16 hour lighting, drop temps to 70-74, and fan at least 3-4 times or more a day.

Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

Re: casings prloblems...???? [Re: gema]
    #4236935 - 05/30/05 02:19 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

"When u Cased did you put it back into the Incubator for a few dayz??" -

i cased it and put it back into incubator till a even layer of myco grew up then pulled it out of incubator and put it in fridge for 24 hrs then put it into fruiting chamber. and in about 2-3 days the myco came back.

"What kinda Fruiting Chamber are you Using???" -

just a rubermaid tub with a heating pad under it and a plexyglass window on the lid to let the light in.

"Water droplets from the ceiling droping on casing??" -

thats how im figuring there getting there. i removed all my perlite from the containerand water droplets have stoped so far and i have 3 hygomitors in chamber (2 cheapies and a digital one from wal-mart) all say humidity is over 90% (digital only got to 89% then read HI on meter)

and for lighting im using a 2'grow floro high in the blue light side for 14 hrs a day.

--------------------

I am not lost.. i am going there looking for it.. and when i get there and find it, i will know what it is..

"The way to stop violence is not to go out and let your head be beaten in but to say, you want to take my life risk yours!"

"are you sure u want to eat all them shrooms??"  "yes i want to hear what my mind has to say..."

OfflineLengthyFellow
I play with poo

Re: casings prloblems...???? [Re: willmafingerdo]
    #4238693 - 05/31/05 12:38 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

willmafingerdo said:

"What kinda Fruiting Chamber are you Using???" -

just a rubermaid tub with a heating pad under it and a plexyglass window on the lid to let the light in.

You probably dont want a heating pad under your fruiting chamber...you want the temps aroung 75F

--------------------

Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

Re: casings prloblems...???? [Re: LengthyFellow]
    #4239103 - 05/31/05 06:50 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

ya i relized that  the other day about my temps.. and turned it off.. it was keeping it around 80, now its staying around 70- 75, and gess what i got today.... PINS!!PINS AND MORE PINS!! :eyemouth:  i know like everyone keeps telling me.. just be patient and it will come.. but i HATE WAITING!!!:)  ill try to get some pics here once they get a bit bigger.. ty all for the advice!!:)

and deanofmean im with ya man if somethings working out for me.. why change it:) ty for the advice:)  do you have your casings in a terarium, just wondering since u said u keep yours coverred with syran wrap with holes in the bottom???

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies