Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion >> Drug Policy Reform

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinepsilojoe
Mr
Male

Loc: Camden, London, England
Entheogen Defence Fund - Save the Mushroom (UK)
    #4235956 - 05/30/05 09:42 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

The British Government has just passed a law that bans psilocybin mushrooms in any form. The mushroom has been legally available all over the country for the last 4 years since a few traders began selling fresh mushrooms which are uncontrolled under the U.N convention o narcotics, and thousands of tonnes have been being consumed every week without consequence. Now the government is banning them and offering no other justification for the criminalisation of thousands of people other than 'they are hallucinogenic'. A fund has been set up to launch a judicial review of the new legislation please check out theit website www.entheogendefencefund.org.uk and also www.magicmushroomconsumers.org for information and any donations to the fund would be very much appreciated, as around ?20,000 is needed in costs but if the review is successful, the money would be refunded and the Brithish Govt would be forced to acknowledge the legitimacy of the psychedelic mushroom
joe_infinity

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineant61
Male
Loc: colorado
Re: Entheogen Defence Fund - Save the Mushroom (UK) [Re: psilojoe]
    #4235971 - 05/30/05 10:02 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

yeah man that's too bad!
to have something that wonderful and the freedom too have something
that freeing,
and then to have it taken away.
it's sad!!
good luck.
and we'll be watching.

Edited by ant61 (05/30/05 10:06 AM)

InvisibleLazerouth
Drunkard

Loc: England
    #4236890 - 05/30/05 04:10 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I'm actually glad this law was passed. Many of the head shops that have sprung up in the uk sell without any morals. I actually saw shrooms being sold to a 9 year old kid in one of my local ones.

I doubt if it will have much effect on the average person. Kind of like when cannabis was reduced to class c. The law wont do much to stop availability, people can still go picking and dealers will still be selling.

Offlinepsilojoe
Mr
Male

Loc: Camden, London, England
Re: Entheogen Defence Fund - Save the Mushroom (UK) [Re: Lazerouth]
    #4237193 - 05/30/05 05:36 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Lazerouth please tell me what you envision the positive benefites of this bill to be,

"The law wont do much to stop availability, people can still go picking and dealers will still be selling"

and the people who sell class A drugs would never sell to a 9 year old?

Offlinezeegos
Shroomagator
 User Gallery

Loc: bat country
    #5845998 - 07/11/06 09:29 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

where the hell has the site gone?

InvisibleAlex213
Stranger
    #5846107 - 07/11/06 10:31 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

The EDF has had some problems. The first guy they hired to run the site was the same guy who was running a mushroom forum in the UK. He turned out to be a paedophile who the cops eventually busted. He'd also been dipping into the EDF fund as he had the passwords for the paypal account. The last I heard the guy was in jail and the EDF was trying to get some money back from him.

Then a few months after that the site went down again and hasn't been heard of since. Very disappointing situation.

InvisibleAlex213
Stranger
Re: Entheogen Defence Fund - Save the Mushroom (UK) [Re: Lazerouth]
    #5846128 - 07/11/06 10:42 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

I'm actually glad this law was passed. Many of the head shops that have sprung up in the uk sell without any morals. I actually saw shrooms being sold to a 9 year old kid in one of my local ones.

Hang on, you can't be serious that you're now glad mushrooms are class A. That's ridiculous.

You actually saw 9 year olds buying magic mushrooms? How did you know they were 9 and not 10? How many did they buy? How much did it cost them?

I doubt if it will have much effect on the average person. Kind of like when cannabis was reduced to class c.

Difference is there's no market in smuggling mushrooms like there is cannabis.

The law wont do much to stop availability, people can still go picking and dealers will still be selling.

Well, they can go on picking until they get caught and get several years in prison. This law will also catch anyone seen picking mushrooms. Next time you're out picking, if someone sees you and makes a call on their mobile phone you will end up serving a long time in prison. I'd take an awful lot more care when you are picking in future.

Offlinekora
RAWR!
Re: Entheogen Defence Fund - Save the Mushroom (UK) [Re: Alex213]
    #5854963 - 07/13/06 04:55 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

welcome to america

--------------------
Drugs may lead to nowhere, but atleast it's the scenic route.

*Got left over HBWR Seeds? PM Me!*

OfflineMisterRegal
That Guy
Male

#5941655 - 08/07/06 08:22 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

This truly is a disappointing situation.

There's been a recent burst of favourable media coverage which could be used to push the envelope on the mushroom ban, but alas the EDF remains AWOL.

Anybody tried to get in contact with the webmaster? I believe that would be Sylvia Chandler, owner of the Zen health stores chain in Birmingham. I might try getting in contact to see what the deal is.

Right now I'd be quite pissed off if I'd been one of the private donators or headshops that gave over £20,000 to an organization that spends most of its time in hiding.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion >> Drug Policy Reform