Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Loc: Pinellas Co, FL
How has the S & P forum helped you advance spiritually? *DELETED*
    #4234191 - 05/29/05 06:03 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by wandrnshaman

Reason for deletion: .

Votes accepted from (12/31/69 05:00 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: How has the S & P forum helped you advance spiritually? [Re: wandrnshaman]
    #4234216 - 05/29/05 06:11 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Is this the "Make WS Feel Better" Forum now?  :cool:

*passes joint to WS*

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4234238 - 05/29/05 06:19 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

What do you mean, spirituality? You act as if skepticism and Nihilism are anti-spirituality.

Is debunking false scientific theories bad for science? I'd say if anything, a skeptic view of spirituality only helps further the truth in philosophy and spirituality rather than simply acting New Age and nodding your head as if everything's true.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: How has the S & P forum helped you advance spiritually? [Re: Ravus]
    #4234263 - 05/29/05 06:27 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Myself and others only suggest a "Koombayah Forum" about every six months or so. It would be a place for the meek to get involved with no fear of challenge; kind of an S&P Lite...

:yesnod: and  :thumbup: and  :heart: would be the only Gramlins allowed.

--------------------

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Re: How has the S & P forum helped you advance spiritually? *DELETED* [Re: Swami]
    #4234275 - 05/29/05 06:31 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#4234282 - 05/29/05 06:35 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Any fool can doubt but it takes a strong will to have faith in what is illogical...

You MUST be joking. How is self-delusion in any way related to growth and understanding?

--------------------

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
    #4234308 - 05/29/05 06:48 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

when I came here I saw a bunch of people talking about things I don't understand, and I thought they all reached some kind of stage of enlightenment that I can't understand. But as the time passed, I did understand all that they were talking about, and then I realized they are no more advanced than I am, and that we are all going pretty much in circles. In fact I realized, that you can take any direction you want, there is no path, there is no truth you folow, you just do what you do, and try to learn a few things

The one thing that I've learned about spirituality here is that there is no other spirituality then the one you make yourself. You are the root of everything, you only need to reach for yourself.

S&P has not done anything for me directly, it has just been there as a place where I have done things myself to myself. Like a wall that reflects echo.

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: How has the S & P forum helped you advance spiritually? [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #4234327 - 05/29/05 06:57 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

S&P has not done anything for me directly, it has just been there as a place where I have done things myself to myself.

:thumbup:

That is true for everyone, but some like to pretend otherwise.

--------------------

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Re: How has the S & P forum helped you advance spiritually? *DELETED* [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #4234333 - 05/29/05 06:59 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#4234354 - 05/29/05 07:11 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

*Swami bows before the Enlightened Master* :bow:

--------------------

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

#4234380 - 05/29/05 07:22 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Why are philosophy and blind faith necessary to you?

If you have to have "faith" and not question beliefs for your spirituality and philosophy to be true, what does that say about the philosophies you hold? Spirituality and philosophy have to be scrutinized using available evidence and logic (also known as science) in our reality.

Where would we be if humans never questioned whether the earth was really flat, or if the sun was really a ball of fire carried across the sky by flying chariots? The very essence of knowledge and philosophy is questioning and skepticism, while blind faith and the acceptance of beliefs as absolute without evidence lead to ignorance and the halting of knowledge and true philosophy.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #4234383 - 05/29/05 07:23 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

wandrnshaman said:
Quote:

OldWoodSpecter said:
when I came here I saw a bunch of people talking about things I don't understand, and I thought they all reached some kind of stage of enlightenment that I can't understand. But as the time passed, I did understand all that they were talking about, and then I realized they are no more advanced than I am, and that we are all going pretty much in circles.

I'm sorry this forum has stopped your struggle for enlightenment, bro. There are people at other sites with a good grasp of it. Please don't give up!

Though you say it appears everyone is going around in circles here at the Spirituality & Philosophy forum, 
it's not like that everywhere! Keep your chin up, enlightenment is out there waiting for you to find it!
:heart:

I didn't hear him saying anything about giving up the "struggle for enlightenment". He seems to me to be developing his understanding and standing on even ground with his peers.

I think you got a problem with your spirituality. Now that you know what "spirituality" is and how it's developed you seem to have stopped growing and entrenched yourself in a rut.

Who are you to judge the way we all learn and grow spirituality. Maybe I need to go around the circle a few times to fully explore it. Everyperson is a spiritual being working and developing according to their nature. Don't apply your meager standards to me. You have no idea about anyone but yourself in the end or what kind of experiences one needs for growth.

You need to check your ego at the door and jump in and find your truth. I can handle mine thanks. :heart: :thumbdown:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

#4234408 - 05/29/05 07:35 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

you don't quite understand what I'm saying.

It's not that I've given up on enlightenment or that I think people here are not going where they are supose to be going.
I'm saying that enlightenment is not a linear path. It's not like: first you learn this, then that, and then you get to be this or that..and in the end you fly on carpets..
What I'm saying is all you ever get to be is yourself, a balanced and healthy human being.

We all pretty much one day open eyes and find ourselfs somewhere we can't recognize anymore, away from our true nature.
Like when you fall asleep in a boat and the stream caries you away.
And then we try to find ourselfs. A lot of people here try to find themselfs by going even further from the shore or padling in circles.

The biggest paradox of my life is that in expecting something spiritual like some exotic mind dimensions, I've found that the most spiritual thing I can experience is a simple peacefull walk after the sunset, or going into a store to buy milk. Life as it is spiritual.

That is what I mean, finding your simplest, most peacefull and content self instead of all this mental masturbation that is going on.

Once I did it because I thought it is going to lead me somewhere, now I do it for fun because I am there already, and "there" has been in me all along, not in some "high-end" philosophy or wild mental experiences, it is in my everyday life.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: How has the S & P forum helped you advance spiritually? [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #4234417 - 05/29/05 07:42 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

What brand of milk do you recommend?  :smirk:

Seriously though, great post!

--------------------

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Re: How has the S & P forum helped you advance spiritually? [Re: Swami]
    #4234427 - 05/29/05 07:46 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

the one with 3.8% milk fatt, the one that makes your cereal taste better and clogs your venes

--------------------

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

#4234441 - 05/29/05 07:53 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I've defenitely had a few moments where I was like "oh damn.." and had to pause for a moment in S&P.

One was in the evolution thread that was about 3 months back. I actively engaged in that and had a great time discussing religion and evolution. We didn't get anywhere but it got my brain moving in a time where I was pretty much dead to the world.

One was in some discussion about AI where I was feeling way too confident after a drug-induced idea session. I was talking about how senses are the only thing that you need for consciousness, and after picking that idea apart for like 3 pages, somebody (I dont remember who) just kind of, rephrased what I said and made me realize I was saying nothing at all. In a totally useful, non-critical manner. Made me rethink my blabbering on consciousness. It's really way more complex than I had it pinned as. Sure we have senses, but how do we EXPERIENCE those senses? That's the whole question right there.

And also a lot of Swami's comments about his raquetball buddies and how people react. Lying to themselves, self delusion, fear, anger. Swami says some seriously bomb-ass stuff sometimes and knocks me on my ass. If you actually read what Swami says instead of assuming he's a crotchety old skeptic, you'll be really surprised.

S&P is the tops if you go in with an open mind.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

OfflineCeeThruMeer
Aztek GoatBecoming Eagle

Loc: BC, Canada
Re: How has the S & P forum helped you advance spiritually? [Re: freddurgan]
    #4234473 - 05/29/05 08:03 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

The wisdom in this thread makes up for any "spirituallity" that this forum is supposedly hindering.

Excellent posts people. :thumbup: :heart: :smile:

--------------------
"my old friend told me
to do well always
set your sails, open
ride your waves, flowing
just relax, sober
leave you past, it's over
bind two hands, stronger
my soul waits, forward" - Arjun and Guardians

InvisibleeMotionALLmotion
DivineeMotive....

Loc: The Symphony of Lights......
    #4234559 - 05/29/05 08:48 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Everything in your whole life and what you are exposed to, helps you develop spiritually - if that is your choice, to grow....  There is no "One Choice" that fits everyone, as I have learned very well on this forum....  I have learned MANY of other's views and perspectives to what "Spirituality" is for them.... 

The more I learn, the more I grow, spiritually....    :heart:

:sun:

--------------------
Uni-VersALL      MasterPeace
eMotive  :sun: Divinity NowThere Infinity :sun:  eMelody

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Re: How has the S & P forum helped you advance spiritually? [Re: eMotionALLmotion]
    #4234584 - 05/29/05 08:56 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

The more I learn, the more I grow, spiritually....

:thumbup:

Knowledge is the creator of philosophy. If we simply accepted everything by faith without questioning it and learning and evolving, we would never get anywhere useful.

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #4235110 - 05/29/05 11:59 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Well.. this forum has made me realize that I don't believe in much of anything at all.

I guess I'm sort of faithless right now. I feel believing in stuff means I have to make a judgement call about reality, and right now I don't think I know enough about anything to make that call.

I check this forum every day, but seldom feel compelled to reply or make a post.

It's helped me to become more critical of every type of belief system, maybe that's why I feel so devoid of any sort of belief.

This isn't a bad thing...I think eradicating all spiritual belief inside of me is necessary for me to continue to grow. I still have my suspicions and assumptions about the nature of reality and all that...but I wouldn't go so far to say that I believed in them. They're just interesting thoughts to ponder.

The only thing I really believe in nowadays is that nothing is ever how it appears to be.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale