Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineTheThinker
Stranger
Re: Multiculturalism [Re: zappaisgod]
    #14060119 - 03/03/11 01:35 PM (13 years, 29 days ago)

Nice. Oddly you have the right to not embrace it. Others exercise the right to embrace it. See how that works?
I happen to agree with Net.

Do they?  What happens to apostates?

In the U.S., which I believe we are discussing, nothing. If apostates are harmed or killed then the law of the land takes over. Remember the law of the land? In other countries their law of the land presides. If it is secular law the so be it.

What we are discussing is not the current state of US law but a potential future state of US law should Sharia be imposed.  Nonetheless, my question remains, if you voluntarily subscribe to Sharia law but change your mind what happens?  You get your fucking head chopped off.

Odd, I thought we were discussing multiculturalism.
I have already answered your question.
While we are playing the "what-if" game, you better brush up on your Chinese, they "may" decide to repossess the U.S.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFriskies

Re: Multiculturalism [Re: TheThinker]
    #14060131 - 03/03/11 01:36 PM (13 years, 29 days ago)

Wait I forgot... How much money have we borrowed from China?

--------------------
Stoner extraordinaire

OfflineTheThinker
Stranger
Re: Multiculturalism [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #14060139 - 03/03/11 01:38 PM (13 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:
Anyone who is "concerned" about Sharia law in the U.S. is a complete chickenshit islamophobist coward.

Muslims have just as much right to pass stupid laws in this country as christians, if they have the votes to pass it.

I can't buy beer on Sunday in this town. Boo fucking hoo.

Anybody who is genuinely concerned that honor killings will be legalized in the U.S. is a fucking moron.

Correct, and no law should be passed that violates the constitution. Yes, some laws have been passed, found unconstitutional and been overturned. But in no scenario would honor killings be acceptable as law.

OfflineTheThinker
Stranger
Re: Multiculturalism [Re: Friskies]
    #14060162 - 03/03/11 01:41 PM (13 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

Friskies said:
Wait I forgot... How much money have we borrowed from China?

China holds about $1.2 trillion in U.S. government debt, according to the Treasury Department's latest figures. That's about 30 percent higher than the previous estimate.
And it's not just China. Japan holds nearly $900 billion in U.S. government debt. In all, U.S. debt held abroad totals some $4.4 trillion.
http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2011/03/01/134159785/the-u-s-owes-china-1-2-trillion

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit! Flag
    #14060188 - 03/03/11 01:46 PM (13 years, 29 days ago)

Exactly, it will never fucking happen so these morons need to fucking suck it up and stop bawling about retarded shit.

Two state senators in my state are trying to pass an anti-Sharia law bill, and it's just fucking embarrassing.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20110223/NEWS0201/102230378/Tennessee-bill-would-jail-Shariah-followers-?odyssey=tab

Summary: It's already illegal to plot to overthrow the government with violence. This bill would make it illegal to plot to overthrow the government with violence while wearing a towel on your head.

:facepalm:

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #14060202 - 03/03/11 01:47 PM (13 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

TheThinker said:
Nice. Oddly you have the right to not embrace it. Others exercise the right to embrace it. See how that works?
Quote:

In the U.S., which I believe we are discussing, nothing. If apostates are harmed or killed then the law of the land takes over. Remember the law of the land? In other countries their law of the land presides. If it is secular law the so be it.

Then I guess they don't have the right to embrace it, do they?
Apostates have been murdered in the US and the murderers have been prosecuted.  But the apostates are as dead as Generalissimo Francisco Franco.  What about their rights?

Quote:

Quote:

What we are discussing is not the current state of US law but a potential future state of US law should Sharia be imposed.  Nonetheless, my question remains, if you voluntarily subscribe to Sharia law but change your mind what happens?  You get your fucking head chopped off.

I already said I liked kafta.  Unfortunately multiculturalism seems to mean something other than that.
Quote:

While we are playing the "what-if" game, you better brush up on your Chinese, they "may" decide to repossess the U.S.

That's funny.  Just how do you suppose they can go about doing that?

--------------------

OfflineTheThinker
Stranger
    #14060206 - 03/03/11 01:48 PM (13 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:
Exactly, it will never fucking happen so these morons need to fucking suck it up and stop bawling about retarded shit.

Two state senators in my state are trying to pass an anti-Sharia law bill, and it's just fucking embarrassing.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20110223/NEWS0201/102230378/Tennessee-bill-would-jail-Shariah-followers-?odyssey=tab

Summary: It's already illegal to plot to overthrow the government with violence. This bill would make it illegal to plot to overthrow the government with violence while wearing a towel on your head.

:facepalm:

You made me laugh loud enough to scare my dogs! :cool:

OfflineTheThinker
Stranger
    #14060212 - 03/03/11 01:49 PM (13 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

TheThinker said:
Quote:

Then I guess they don't have the right to embrace it, do they?
Apostates have been murdered in the US and the murderers have been prosecuted.  But the apostates are as dead as Generalissimo Francisco Franco.  What about their rights?

Quote:

Quote:

I already said I liked kafta.  Unfortunately multiculturalism seems to mean something other than that.
Quote:

That's funny.  Just how do you suppose they can go about doing that?

By using the same madghiqal formula you are using to invoke the Sharia Law theory. Isn't this fun?

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#14060223 - 03/03/11 01:50 PM (13 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:
Anyone who is "concerned" about Sharia law in the U.S. is a complete chickenshit islamophobist coward.

:rofl2:  No thanks to limp wristed faggots like those at the Comedy Channel.
Quote:

Muslims have just as much right to pass stupid laws in this country as christians, if they have the votes to pass it.

Depends on how stupid, doesn't it?
Quote:

I can't buy beer on Sunday in this town. Boo fucking hoo.

What a hardship that must be for you.  Under Sharia you can't buy any beer at all.  Somehow I don't feel very welcoming to that kind of culture.  Do you?
Quote:

Anybody who is genuinely concerned that honor killings will be legalized in the U.S. is a fucking moron.

No thanks to you.

--------------------

OfflineLord Amok
Glorious Visage of Punchability
Male

#14060228 - 03/03/11 01:51 PM (13 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

TheThinker said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

TheThinker said:

Um, it seems to me that as far as multiculturalism is concerned, allowing Sharia law would only carry over to the extent of allowing people to live according to those laws. Not actually enforcing them.

And just so it's clear, by "live according to those laws" I don't mean that it would be legal for them to carry out the punishments that would normally be illegal under our system. I'm talking about people living under Sharia law choosing to live by those laws of their own free will, without the system of punishments in place. So there wouldn't be honor killings, for example. Not without the perpetrators being arrested and charged as murderers, anyway. There would be families choosing to live according to their system of honor, as closely as they could without violating American law. Does that sound fair enough? Because that's all that multiculturalism means. It has nothing to do with imposing and enforcing foreign laws.

--------------------
Viva las Vegas.

Edited by Lord Amok (03/03/11 01:53 PM)

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#14060249 - 03/03/11 01:53 PM (13 years, 29 days ago)

How is China going to repossess the US?  Answer, they can't.  We control the currency.  In a blink we can just about totally eliminate the debt.  Much the same way they manipulate their own currency.

--------------------

OfflineTheThinker
Stranger
    #14060258 - 03/03/11 01:55 PM (13 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
How is China going to repossess the US?  Answer, they can't.  We control the currency.  In a blink we can just about totally eliminate the debt.  Much the same way they manipulate their own currency.

How is Sharia Law going to become the law of the U.S. Answer, it can't. We control the country via the constitution. Still on the same page here.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Multiculturalism [Re: Lord Amok]
    #14060260 - 03/03/11 01:56 PM (13 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

Lord Amok said:

And just so it's clear, by "live according to those laws" I don't mean that it would be legal for them to carry out the punishments that would normally be illegal under our system.

But that is the crux of the biscuit.  Without enforcement there is no law.  Just rules.  I know that.  But that is not what seems to be the goal of those seeking a caliphate in the US.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#14060269 - 03/03/11 01:57 PM (13 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

TheThinker said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:

How is Sharia Law going to become the law of the U.S. Answer, it can't. We control the country via the constitution. Still on the same page here.

I know.  But that has nothing to do with me arguing that they are a heinous bunch of scum who want to impose sharia.  THEY are not multiculti.

--------------------

OfflineTheThinker
Stranger
    #14060273 - 03/03/11 01:58 PM (13 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Lord Amok said:

And just so it's clear, by "live according to those laws" I don't mean that it would be legal for them to carry out the punishments that would normally be illegal under our system.

But that is the crux of the biscuit.  Without enforcement there is no law.  Just rules.  I know that.  But that is not what seems to be the goal of those seeking a caliphate in the US.

In the short time I have been here you have used the word Negro and faggot. Now you are accusing Muslims of wanting to overthrow the U.S. and impose Sharia Law. I think Net hit it right on the head earlier.

OfflineFriskies

#14060283 - 03/03/11 02:00 PM (13 years, 29 days ago)

Why haven't we yet?

--------------------
Stoner extraordinaire

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#14060292 - 03/03/11 02:01 PM (13 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

TheThinker said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Lord Amok said:

In the short time I have been here you have used the word Negro and faggot. Now you are accusing Muslims of wanting to overthrow the U.S. and impose Sharia Law. I think Net hit it right on the head earlier.

1.  There is not one single thing insulting about referring to Negroes as Negroes.  Ever heard of the United Negro College Fund?  So that is one giant rousing fuck you'
2.  Faggot as I use it has no application to homosexuality.  But if you want to be offended, go ahead.
3.  If you are not aware that there are hundreds of millions of Muslims desirous of establishing a world caliphate you are one ignorant ostrich.

--------------------

OfflineTheThinker
Stranger
    #14060313 - 03/03/11 02:05 PM (13 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

Friskies said:
Why haven't we yet?

Silly person. Because it would create a global financial crisis like has never been seen. U.S. assets worldwide would be frozen immediately. The dollar would de-valuate to a worthless piece of paper.

Gas and food prices would jump to incredible never attained levels. U.S. exports would be taxed to senseless levels. Imports would all but stop because we would officially be declared bankrupt.

No real reason other than those.

OfflineLord Amok
Glorious Visage of Punchability
Male

#14060329 - 03/03/11 02:08 PM (13 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Lord Amok said:

All that I'm seeing here is xenophobic fear mongering. Convince me.

--------------------
Viva las Vegas.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#14060334 - 03/03/11 02:09 PM (13 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

Friskies said:
Why haven't we yet?

No need.  I heard this same stupid shit 30 years ago about the Japanese.  How'd that work out?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale