Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Multiculturalism [Re: TheThinker]
    #14059792 - 03/03/11 12:38 PM (13 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

TheThinker said:

Nice. Oddly you have the right to not embrace it. Others exercise the right to embrace it. See how that works?
I happen to agree with Net.

Do they?  What happens to apostates?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Multiculturalism [Re: Silversoul]
    #14059797 - 03/03/11 12:39 PM (13 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

Silversoul said:
I say let cultures keep their traditions, except for those which harm individual rights.

I can't recall meeting anyone that suggested people not be "allowed" to keep their traditions. It seems to me that they simply don't think they should have to adapt themselves to the cultures of those that move to a country that already has a culture they enjoy.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleDieCommie

#14059798 - 03/03/11 12:39 PM (13 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

I say let cultures keep their traditions, except for those which harm individual rights.

Of course.  The dangers of multiculturalism arn't about superficial differences like food or music, they are about real differences that impact people's wealth, freedom and way of life.

OfflineFriskies

Re: Multiculturalism [Re: zappaisgod]
    #14059810 - 03/03/11 12:41 PM (13 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

No.  No.  No.  I won't.  I have no intention of even allowing it and will take arms against it.  I have a daughter and I will shoot anybody in the face who tries to impose it here.  If you want Sharia law get the fuck out of the US.  It is completely and utterly antithetical to everything the US Constitution stands for.  It is also a vile and pernicious pestilence on all of humanity but all of humanity is not my problem.

Wtf... lmfao

Try explaining that from a non-ranging-shroomer point of veiw please plz. AKA. Make your statement without you all overpowering emotion, Or not, you can still STFU

--------------------
Stoner extraordinaire

OfflineNet
Official Mr Shoebat Lackey
Male

#14059816 - 03/03/11 12:42 PM (13 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Net said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:
It's not the physical characteristics at issue.

What's at issue is starting with overgeneralized assumptions of superiority and then contorting one's view of the world to make it fit, rather than examining the merits of specific qualities of the individual as they actually occur.

The phobic process is the same, regardless of whether it utilizes physical details or cultural details.

So, you're right, whether focused on the physical or the cultural, it is immaterial what is being used as a vehicle for bigotry when the consequences of that fear are indistinguishable from one another.

My rejection of sharia law is not based on bigotry but on knowledge.  Take that stupid shit elsewhere.  Leave the kafta.

Since you're not making a distinction between Hanbali, Hanifi, Maliki or Shafi'i, you certainly sound ignorant and bigoted.

--------------------
“In all institutions from which the cold wind of open criticism is excluded, an innocent corruption begins to grow like a mushroom - for example, in senates and learned societies”

—Friedrich Nietzsche

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Multiculturalism [Re: Friskies]
    #14059836 - 03/03/11 12:47 PM (13 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

Friskies said:
Quote:

No.  No.  No.  I won't.  I have no intention of even allowing it and will take arms against it.  I have a daughter and I will shoot anybody in the face who tries to impose it here.  If you want Sharia law get the fuck out of the US.  It is completely and utterly antithetical to everything the US Constitution stands for.  It is also a vile and pernicious pestilence on all of humanity but all of humanity is not my problem.

Wtf... lmfao

Try explaining that from a non-ranging-shroomer point of veiw please plz. AKA. Make your statement without you all overpowering emotion, Or not, you can still STFU

I reread it and find that it was perfectly clear.  But for you, just this one time because you're special, I'll add more.  Sharia law is antithetical to freedom, self expression, personal rights, the Constitution of the US, and me.  The day this country allows criminal prosecution for saying "Mohammed is a pedophile dog fucker" and forbids women from attending school or exposing their navels will be when I start shooting.

--------------------

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: Multiculturalism [Re: Net]
    #14059845 - 03/03/11 12:48 PM (13 years, 29 days ago)

Instead of making accusations of ignorance, why dont you instead enlighten us and tell us the relevant distinction between them and why I should accept any system of laws that are based off of a holy book?

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: Multiculturalism [Re: DieCommie]
    #14059881 - 03/03/11 12:52 PM (13 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:
Quote:

Of course.  The dangers of multiculturalism arn't about superficial differences like food or music, they are about real differences that impact people's wealth, freedom and way of life.

Well, there are also some grey areas.  Earlier in the thread, arranged marriages were brought up.  Now, such arranged marriages would clearly violate individual rights if they were physically coerced by the family(i.e. a "shotgun wedding").  But in cultures that practice arranged marriage, the bride and groom generally have some sort of veto power in the affair, so I'd say that distinctions should be made between arranged marriages and forced marriages.

Sharia has also been brought up, but that's even more complicated, because while many Westerners, upon hearing the word "sharia," are likely to think of people's hands getting cut off, most aspects of Sharia simply have to do with things like inheritance rights, hygiene, diet, prayer, fasting, etc.  So a lot of this anti-Sharia stuff is like telling Jews they can't follows the laws of Moses.

--------------------

OfflineFriskies

#14059884 - 03/03/11 12:53 PM (13 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Friskies said:
Quote:

Wtf... lmfao

I reread it and find that it was perfectly clear.  But for you, just this one time because you're special, I'll add more.  Sharia law is antithetical to freedom, self expression, personal rights, the Constitution of the US, and me.  The day this country allows criminal prosecution for saying "Mohammed is a pedophile dog fucker" and forbids women from attending school or exposing their navels will be when I start shooting.

It was obvious to me that you were on a tangent, rage induced, emotional spurt. (shoom rage anyone)

SO... You would kill someone over their beliefs? No one would be forcing this down your golden throat FFS. No one would be forcing you to practice anything. Get a grip, preferably a nice tight one.

--------------------
Stoner extraordinaire

OfflineNet
Official Mr Shoebat Lackey
Male

#14059892 - 03/03/11 12:54 PM (13 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
My rejection of sharia law is not based on bigotry but on knowledge.

:laugh2:

--------------------
“In all institutions from which the cold wind of open criticism is excluded, an innocent corruption begins to grow like a mushroom - for example, in senates and learned societies”

—Friedrich Nietzsche

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#14059904 - 03/03/11 12:56 PM (13 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

Silversoul said:

Sharia has also been brought up, but that's even more complicated, because while many Westerners, upon hearing the word "sharia," are likely to think of people's hands getting cut off, most aspects of Sharia simply have to do with things like inheritance rights, hygiene, diet, prayer, fasting, etc.  So a lot of this anti-Sharia stuff is like telling Jews they can't follows the laws of Moses.

That's like saying most laws in the US relate to torts and civil actions (which is true).  And nobody is telling sharia jerkjoffs they can't keep hallal.  But we are telling sharia jerkoffs that they can't chop the fucking heads off their daughters.  Ever.  For any reason.

And Mohammed can suck my cock, the pedophile piece of shit.

--------------------

OfflineTheThinker
Stranger
    #14059932 - 03/03/11 01:01 PM (13 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

TheThinker said:

Nice. Oddly you have the right to not embrace it. Others exercise the right to embrace it. See how that works?

In the U.S., which I believe we are discussing, nothing. If apostates are harmed or killed then the law of the land takes over. Remember the law of the land? In other countries their law of the land presides. If it is secular law the so be it.

OfflineFriskies

#14059938 - 03/03/11 01:02 PM (13 years, 29 days ago)

Zap you haven't answered my question yet.

--------------------
Stoner extraordinaire

OfflineTheThinker
Stranger
Re: Multiculturalism [Re: DieCommie]
    #14059942 - 03/03/11 01:02 PM (13 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:
Instead of making accusations of ignorance, why dont you instead enlighten us and tell us the relevant distinction between them and why I should accept any system of laws that are based off of a holy book?

In God we Trust. :smile:

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#14060032 - 03/03/11 01:19 PM (13 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

Friskies said:
Zap you haven't answered my question yet.

Which one?

--------------------

OfflineFriskies

#14060037 - 03/03/11 01:20 PM (13 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

SO... You would kill someone over their beliefs?

--------------------
Stoner extraordinaire

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#14060047 - 03/03/11 01:23 PM (13 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

TheThinker said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

TheThinker said:

In the U.S., which I believe we are discussing, nothing. If apostates are harmed or killed then the law of the land takes over. Remember the law of the land? In other countries their law of the land presides. If it is secular law the so be it.

What we are discussing is not the current state of US law but a potential future state of US law should Sharia be imposed.  Nonetheless, my question remains, if you voluntarily subscribe to Sharia law but change your mind what happens?  You get your fucking head chopped off.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#14060054 - 03/03/11 01:24 PM (13 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

Friskies said:
Quote:

SO... You would kill someone over their beliefs?

No, their actions on their beliefs.  I do not believe in thought crimes, Allah piss be upon him.

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit! Flag
    #14060082 - 03/03/11 01:29 PM (13 years, 29 days ago)

Anyone who is "concerned" about Sharia law in the U.S. is a complete chickenshit islamophobist coward.

Muslims have just as much right to pass stupid laws in this country as christians, if they have the votes to pass it.

I can't buy beer on Sunday in this town. Boo fucking hoo.

Anybody who is genuinely concerned that honor killings will be legalized in the U.S. is a fucking moron.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: Multiculturalism [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #14060094 - 03/03/11 01:31 PM (13 years, 29 days ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale