Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleDelyrium
lemonadeh.o.n.e.y.

Loc: vermont
Is Schapelle Corby innocent?
    #4233155 - 05/29/05 01:31 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

www.schapellecorby.com.au

They sentenced her to 20 years for drug traffiking 4.1 kilos of weed. They wanted to kill her in Bali, Indonesia. That's an INSANE punishment if you ask me. Whether she's innocent or guilty... no fucking way is that right.

Apparently in Indonesia, they don't think 20 years is enough to satisfy a punishment for her crime. And can you imagine being in THEIR jails? That's awful....

this is just like that movie w/ Claire Danes... that was a really great movie. Hmph...

--------------------
Fuck Ted Nugent he?s a fucking jerk
I wish that he?d be gone
Chauvanistic republican
Kills animals cause he
Forgot how to write a song

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineemptywisdom
simple being oflight
 User Gallery

Loc: Lemuria
Re: Is Schapelle Corby innocent? [Re: Delyrium]
    #4233710 - 05/29/05 04:51 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Brokedown Palace. That was a great movie.

Who know's if she was inocent or not. Personally, I don't understand why anyone would bring a few pounds of ganja for a brief family trip, this raises questions in my mind, but mabey she just liked to smoke nonstop everyday, I dunno. Looking at pictures of her reaction and everything, I personally don't initially belive the weed was planted, but to put all that in your surf board bag and hope it goes through is kinda dumb, so I don't know.

Inocent or guilty though, this sentence is absurd. Why the fuck does possesion of this natural plant have to be such a big deal? It makes me so sick to hear about stuff like this.

--------------------

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4233718 - 05/29/05 04:56 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

The corrupt dealers don?t care who they burn up. They will even find it funny. They do not care what happens to people that use their drugs. Nor would they care for innocent victims like Schapelle whom they force to bear the concequences of their action. Do you think that those drugdealers care if corby gets shot. They might even find it funny.

Nice.

This type of shit happens everyday.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
    #4233774 - 05/29/05 05:20 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

shes guilty. how did the drug dealers plan on getting the weed from her?

--------------------

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
    #4233802 - 05/29/05 05:32 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I believe she's guilty. You don't go to a foreign country and piss on their laws just to smuggle some herb, and expect to get away with it, leave that shit at home. Been there, done that...it's not a playground in these countries. Those people don't play games, so why test the water? Dumb.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
Re: Is Schapelle Corby innocent? [Re: Holydiver]
    #4233826 - 05/29/05 05:38 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

too bad she only got 20 years

--------------------

Offlineemptywisdom
simple being oflight
 User Gallery

Loc: Lemuria
Re: Is Schapelle Corby innocent? [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #4233832 - 05/29/05 05:40 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

HELLA_TIGHT said:
too bad she wasn't smuggling Daisy Wedding Favors instead of Ganja

--------------------

OfflineboOM
Female User Gallery

#4233913 - 05/29/05 06:17 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

i have a feeling that she is not guilty, she was probably the victim of a drug smuggling ring. plus, it doesn't make any sense that she would smuggle in 4.1 kilos of pot into her holiday destination...we all know that if we were looking for drugs, we'd find it at the holiday spot and it's usually the other way around, smuggling drugs BACK home after a holiday.

but, she is a very lucky girl to get 20 years in prison only. she's lucky that she's pretty (let's face it, this was a factor in her getting media attention), had a mobile phone giant gazillionare to help her with her legal fees and who brought this story out into the australian media. from this, she's lucky that her legal team will now put an appeal against the verdict, considering that the indonesian legal system is GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT and she doesn't have any evidence showing that she is innocent. she's lucky that she has a whole country rallying for her where diplomats are now threatning to fuck up relations with indonesia due to this injustice. australia is a "big brother" in APEC and now the indonesian government are probably thinking, "whoa, ok can't afford to fuck up relationships with our neighbours because of this girl." but who knows, this is just a guess.

things like this happen everyday, mainly in south east asia. western women who go on holiday, meet a guy, the guy ends up persuading them to take back a package home and boom, they're caught at the airport with a kilo of heroin or some other drug. these women don't get the same representation as corby is getting now, they're most likely still in a shitty prison with a life sentence and their family not getting any help whatsoever from the government to get their loved ones out.

sure, i agree that the sentence is a little harsh considering it's marijuana and not some other more dangerous drug involved with this whole case. but to some governments, as shown with indonesia, a drug is a drug and drugs are considered not tollerated and bad. they don't have scientists doing research on which drug is less harmful than another...it's all labelled the same thing. it'll remain that way for a long time too.

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
Re: Is Schapelle Corby innocent? [Re: boO]
    #4233953 - 05/29/05 06:38 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I'm not really sure but I heard the cannabis would have a higher value in Australia so why risk smuggling it into a country where the laws are so strict that you were risking a death sentence or life in jail.

Makes no sense

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub