Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mushroom Mountain
substrate too wet, any way to dry it?
    #4232961 - 05/29/05 12:03 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

One of my pf jars appears to be a little too wet for the mycelium to properly grow on it. Is there any way to dry it out a little? I was thinking maybe take the lid off, but that could possible contaminate it. I was also thinking to wrap it up in a heating blanket and maybe that would dry it a little. Is there any way to dry this out or do i have to see if it will survive the way it is? any help would be great.
Also on one of my jars there was only mycelium growing at 2 out of 4 of my injection sites? I'm 99.9% sure that I injected all 4 sites but only 2 showed growth after 7 days. Why would this be? I reinjected the 2 non growing sites on the 6 day, will i have any problems with this? i don't see why i would but i have no idea.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
Re: substrate too wet, any way to dry it? [Re: RobMarley420]
    #4232974 - 05/29/05 12:10 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

overly wet substrate can cause delayed germination....how many cc's did u inect in each hole

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Re: substrate too wet, any way to dry it? [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #4232976 - 05/29/05 12:10 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

lil wyte is the man... do u like project pat too?

--------------------
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Offlinepsillyrabit
President

#4232978 - 05/29/05 12:12 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Just learn from yer mistakes on the next batch. I say just see what happens. The wet ones tend to grow slower but it should still finish. I dont know what the whole inoc. point thing is about sometimes they grow in all four sites sometimes only one. Dont stress, its only been six days and patience is the hardest part;) Anyway hope i helped.

OfflineCaptAmazing
Stranger
Re: substrate too wet, any way to dry it? [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #4232985 - 05/29/05 12:13 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

id be weary of the heat blanket idea. i mean, if youre going to do it have another thermometer in there besides the blankets thermostat. i cant remember but i think mycelium dies at 47degC or something like that.

InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mushroom Mountain
Re: substrate too wet, any way to dry it? [Re: CaptAmazing]
    #4233001 - 05/29/05 12:20 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i injected about .5 cc's in each hole. FUCK YEAH LIL WYTE IS THE SHIT, but i've never really heard any project pat but i'll go download some now.

--------------------

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

#4233015 - 05/29/05 12:27 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

get north north and aggravated robbery by project pat, those are some of my favorite songs ever... stick em up stick em up raise em up raise em up... and "crackin niggas jaws runnin hoes into walls niggaz yellin (NORTH NORTH) hoes screamin (NORTH NORTH!)"....ahhhhh yes i think img onna go listen to it right now

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation