Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
here they come

Loc: the old midwest
temp? terranium question? ideas anyone?
    #4232889 - 05/29/05 11:31 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

i need a way to make an affordible cheap terrinium, that will work. thanks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
 User Gallery

Loc: new england
Re: temp? terranium question? ideas anyone? [Re: creamrocks]
    #4232946 - 05/29/05 11:55 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

do a search for PMP (poor man's pod) its a rubbermaid container perlite and an aquarium pump cheap and works great. temp should be room temp 72-76

the noob
Male User Gallery

Re: temp? terranium question? ideas anyone? [Re: creamrocks]
    #4232980 - 05/29/05 12:12 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

i use 2 methods both work well..:

type 1:

well if u live in USA go to wal-mart and buy 2 rubbermade type totes the size u want (depending on size around 20$ total for both), then go to the fish section and buy a 5-15 gallon submersible heater (must be submersible it will say on package, thats about 15$) then go to the garden section and pick up a bag of perlite (about 4$) and a thomoter. thats all the hardware u need for around 40-50$. if u buy the clear totes i would pick up a can of cheap black spry paint and paint one of the totes black and one lid it will help u out some when ur fruiting. if u have a clear tote and one black tote take the clear tote and put about 6" of water in it and a capfull of bleach to keep it from getting funky then put the heater in the water. then put the other tote inside that tote and place your thermometer in and close it all up and plug it in and let it sit a day and check the temp and adjust the heater till its around 80 deg F. then inoc ur jars and put them in:)

type 2:

buy one tote (solid color not clear or paint it black if clear) about 10$, and a heating pad (about 25$ if buying a new one) if you dont have a old heating pad at home that will stay on 24/7 and u go o buy a new one make sure it dosent have auto off i could only find one at wal-mart that you could turn the auto off, off and was 25$:( and a thermomitor.

both are about the same price to setup and both are perty easy to maintain.

i say to paint the interior tote black and one lid to stop the light comeing threw and leave one lid clear so when u fruit the light can come threw. and the perlite is for when u go to fruit the jars/cakes to keep the humidity up. just put about 1-2" of perlite on the interior tote and add water till just moist. thats what im doing and haveing no problem with humidity:) hope this helps ya out some.

:scaryshroom: :shitstorm: :mattz: :bongload: :gethigh: :scaryshroom:

I am not lost.. i am going there looking for it.. and when i get there and find it, i will know what it is..

"The way to stop violence is not to go out and let your head be beaten in but to say, you want to take my life risk yours!"

"are you sure u want to eat all them shrooms??"  "yes i want to hear what my mind has to say..."

remember opions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation