Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinecrunchytoast
oppositional

Loc: aporia
saw dude get mugged today
    #4232264 - 05/29/05 01:03 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

on my way to work this morning i saw a dude getting mugged. one small asian dude~ 40, 3 black kids~ 20. one kid had dude around the neck in half-nelson type thing. main mugger had a crazy smile on his face like 'i am god look what i can do.' really getting his rocks off in a way.

i'm walking by there's all these people walking by this alley. i thought the dude was getting beat up. dude's eyes meet mine. he's shouting 'help me! help me!' he's thinking 'i'm going to die!' the mugger looks at me in the eye and he has this invincible smile cause he knows i'm going to walk away.

and i walk away. i walk down my head is reeling a few minutes ago i was thinking, 'how can i contribute to the world i'm basically dead weight right now' and look there's this why i can actually help someone, dude's getting mugged, i think he must be getting beat up and im doing nothing.

oh by the way i was walking in a crowd. yes there were a crowd of people i was walking with maybe 7-8 and we all walked past the mugging in full daylight and did nothing!

i walked into a convenience store and this is when it get's crazy for me. i tell the clerk, call the police someone is getting beat up in the alley beside you. the clerk gives me an incredulous look like, who the fuck is this random dude coming into my store, what shit am i going to have to deal with today? 'sure i will call them!' he assures me. a woman comes behind me (she was in the group 7-8 people) says 'call the police!' clerk says, 'here is the phone' he had a really fuckit attitude, fuck these random people this is their problem not mine.

dont get me wrong ive been there myself and theres shitholes who come in the stores in chicago, you gotta be skeptical of everyone, i dont BEGRUDGE the guy

but i call 9-11 took me a whole minute to call the number i was so anxious up, i walk out and dude is there brushing himself off, doesnt see me. i guess they just took his money! i think of telling him i just called the cops, but i dont cause i feel bad! he just looked me in the eyes and was shouting for his life and i did nothing. i turn around and get on the el-train.

eating me away for two hours. i felt really guilty. like, here i was thinking, how can i contribute to the world with my life and there i go walking off. i really felt like a pussy. i should've gone and, i dunno, shout at the muggers, fight them if i had to. you know if it had been my brother i would have done that shit, risked myself.

that's what i was thinking of. well i was always comfortable with my decision but i was really struggling with my value. what kind of pussy am i? i just had a trip where i was unafraid of death? what kind of shit is this? eventually i decided if i had gotten involved and he was gonna die, i wouldve died too, and if he was going to live, then me getting involved didnt matter.

but dang that look in his face. there's this book the drowned and the saved by primo levi about his time in the concentration camps. he says very few committed suicide in the camps; but tons of people did it right when they were freed. why? levi said they were 'ashamed of being a man'. cause in the concentration camp you do all sorts of shit to stay alive. you see people at their worse and they are selfish. and people are basically selfish deep down. and thats why you're so ashamed if you survive in the concentration camp because you see how selfish you and all your brothers are.

i'm not gonna kill myself but i felt pretty ashamed today. i'm not looking for an answer. if i went back in time i'd do the same thing. the shame is there, that's all. i mean there were 7-8 of us and NONE of us lifted a finger except to call the cops which even a woman can do! no offense to women i love you all but there's something really fucked up about this situation.

ps. i would've gotten my ass kicked i am over 6 feet tall but friends and strangers know me as 'stickboy'

--------------------
"consensus on the nature of equilibrium is usually established by periodic conflict." -henry kissinger

Edited by crunchytoast (05/29/05 01:05 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
Re: saw dude get mugged today [Re: crunchytoast]
    #4232273 - 05/29/05 01:08 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

In the face of real violence it is really hard to do the right thing, or the thing you'd like to do. Our evolutionary pathways just scream at us not to get involved in other peoples violence.

But just screaming at the muggers can be very effective. Never show fear if you get involved. Make yourself big and bluff. When one guy goes into the fray others in the crowd have more incentive to help.

Edited by cybrbeast (05/29/05 01:09 AM)

OfflineKalix
'Head

#4232277 - 05/29/05 01:11 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Damn dude, one time I was gettin mugged by like 10 black kids, and some dude walkin' by shouted Hey! at them and they all ran off.. I only had 35 cents @ the time, so I prob woulda got my ass beat if not for dude shoutin Hey! I'm not tryin to make you feel worse, but shouting Hey! works wonders..

--------------------

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: The Shotgun of Sweet Reason

OfflineTheDudeAbides
Livin Off FrostyBarley Pops andPork Soda
 User Gallery

Re: saw dude get mugged today [Re: cybrbeast]
    #4232280 - 05/29/05 01:12 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

You get blinded in situations like that, people never think.

However, I would of shouted the N word and unleashed hoping my SEVEN friends joined in, wich I know they would have.

BUT that's just my rage speaking.

I just hate when shit like that happens, I understand why you did what you did. Not hating at all.

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
Re: saw dude get mugged today [Re: TheDudeAbides]
    #4232287 - 05/29/05 01:15 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

wtf

im a skinny guy but theres no doubt in my mind that if i saw that shit happening i would not just walk off. especiall yin broad fucking daylight

that would make me feel weak and pathetic

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
Re: saw dude get mugged today [Re: faslimy]
    #4232297 - 05/29/05 01:20 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

faslimy said:
im a skinny guy but theres no doubt in my mind that if i saw that shit happening i would not just walk off. especiall yin broad fucking daylight

Have you ever been in a situation where you intervened to protect a guy/girl? If so, much respect for you. If not you have no right to make such comments IMO.

Offlinewhiterabbit13
I'm late

Loc: Down the rabbit hole
Re: saw dude get mugged today [Re: faslimy]
    #4232304 - 05/29/05 01:25 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I understand your actions even though you regret them. In the face of danger it is hard to risk yourself. But I hope you don't think it is your fault for any of that. Because if those muggers weren't bad people then you and the victim wouldn't have been in that awful situation. Sad world.

--------------------

Offlinecrunchytoast
oppositional

#4232309 - 05/29/05 01:28 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

damn you people really understand where i'm coming from. i told lots of people in real life and they were all like 'you were right to run away you would've gotten your ass beat' like you folks really appreciate the poor dude's predicament. no one i talked to could understand that.

--------------------
"consensus on the nature of equilibrium is usually established by periodic conflict." -henry kissinger

Offlinecrunchytoast
oppositional

#4232313 - 05/29/05 01:31 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

thanks whiterabbit. shame is just an emotion i'm exploring it doesn't rule my world

--------------------

Offlinewhiterabbit13
I'm late

Loc: Down the rabbit hole
    #4232319 - 05/29/05 01:36 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

If only people in this world would explore kindness. Why do they think it is so cool to be thugish or whatever. I always thought being bad was... um bad. Crazy place we live in. still a lot of beauty in it though.

--------------------

Offlinecrunchytoast
oppositional

Re: saw dude get mugged today [Re: whiterabbit13]
    #4232321 - 05/29/05 01:40 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

that's beautiful man
explore kindness
damn

--------------------

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #4232327 - 05/29/05 01:45 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

You just did some serious damage to yourself spiritually. It sucks that you were put in this situation, but that man looked at you and placed all of his faith and hope, and every ounce of the belief in humanity on you. You are lucky, you got away with a guilty conscience, but that man was stuck with the realization that humanity, compassion, and selflessness are lost in this world. Imagine how he feels towards society right now?
Imagine how many peoples thoughts and actions you had a chance to influence? instead you just increased the muggers belief that no one is selfless enough to interfere.

and yes, I have been in a similar situation where by helping a random stranger i was putting my health and life at risk.

Hate to say it, but i think you just learned a lot about yourself that you are disgusted with....

Offlinecrunchytoast
oppositional

Re: saw dude get mugged today [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #4232330 - 05/29/05 01:51 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

yeah psilocyberin you're right
i'm trying to become a less selfish person obviously i have far to go

dang i sure dont like to think about that

--------------------

Edited by crunchytoast (05/29/05 01:54 AM)

Offlinericyjo
I'm a teapot

Loc: -53.121600, 73.763943
    #4232359 - 05/29/05 02:19 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i would have pretended there was a cop nearby and started yelling for him to come... they were in an alley right?

It's amazing what you could convince people of when they cant see around corners.

this was in Chicago eh?

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #4232368 - 05/29/05 02:31 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

hey man.. it's a lesson.. learn from it.

Just thinking about a situation like that makes my blood boil. It's for reasons like that I took up martial arts a long time ago. I figured if I am going to attack some attackers, or defend myself from some.. I better know what I am doing, and be confident that I can do it.

But I do know where you are coming from.. when dealing with real-life violence.. it is almost impossible to see beyond the instinctive FIGHT or FLIGHT response, and that is the one of the first things you learn in kung fu. Fight in self defense, run away if you can. But in situations like that.. for me.. when other people are being taken advantage of.. it's FIGHT. I can't sit back and watch 3 or 4 guys outnumber one..that shit happened to my friend once at the community center when three black guys tried to jump my friend.. one of the guys busted a pool stick over his back.. I just went into rage mode and beat the living fuck out of one of them and the rest ran away.

Learn from the experience. Remember that these fuckers work in a pack mentality because they are WEAK. Weak minded and ill-spirits. They seek power and control over others... they control through FEAR! And they get off on other people's fear of them. That's how it works. You confront them, out of LOVE (for your fellow human), without fear, 9 times out of 10 they back down and run like bitches. The other 1 time, well you're just gonna have to back it up. You go for the leader and the little goons will shit their pants. Even if you just yell at them.. or pick up a big fucking rock and chuck it as hard as you can at one of their faces.. they aren't playing by the rules, you don't have to either.

I don't know man.. I'm not saying you did wrong per se.. a lot of people would react the exact same way. But that's the kind of behaviour that needs to change. People need to HELP each other when they have the chance. Just think if that was your sister, or your brother, or your mom.. would you react the same way? probably not. Don't think of them as strangers.. see the eyes of your fellow human.. they are our brothers and sisters.

Just learn from it man. Do the right thing next time. Love :heart:

--------------------

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

Loc: Dirdy SOUF
Re: saw dude get mugged today [Re: ricyjo]
    #4232376 - 05/29/05 02:44 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

That's a sad story but there's a lot of would've should've could've out there. You're not Batman. Look how it turned out. The guy lost some replaceable items and no one got seriously injured. If you had jumped in maybe you and him would have gotten a serious beat down. One of you might have been killed. It doesn't take much. Plus, you didn't do nothing, you called the police. Even that took some courage.

One time my roommate woke me up because the house next to us was getting robbed in the middle of the night. We called 9/11 and told them specifically don't come to our house it's not our house it's the house next door don't pull into our driveway. But you know they trace the call and ten minutes later the stupid fucking pigs are pulling up our driveway. The bad guys got away and later that week I came home from work to find all our shit missing. I know it was fucking revenge from those guys and we were lucky that's all that happened.

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

I disendorse you.[/quote]

Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
    #4232591 - 05/29/05 05:50 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I got out of the subway up in a Dominican part of New YOrk one night and there was this woman walking up the road, and three dominican men following her and she was saying "help me, someone" and nobody stopped to help.

It's amazing. It's a heck of a coincidence. Every mugging I've ever heard described was by blacks or latin americans. I sure hope there aren't many near me where I next go to live.

--------------------
youi was a pig informatnt so you can go fuckyoruselfs

Re: saw dude get mugged today [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #4232594 - 05/29/05 05:53 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

psilocyberin said:
You just did some serious damage to yourself spiritually. It sucks that you were put in this situation, but that man looked at you and placed all of his faith and hope, and every ounce of the belief in humanity on you. You are lucky, you got away with a guilty conscience, but that man was stuck with the realization that humanity, compassion, and selflessness are lost in this world. Imagine how he feels towards society right now?
Imagine how many peoples thoughts and actions you had a chance to influence? instead you just increased the muggers belief that no one is selfless enough to interfere.

and yes, I have been in a similar situation where by helping a random stranger i was putting my health and life at risk.

Hate to say it, but i think you just learned a lot about yourself that you are disgusted with....

you would've done the exact same thing you judgemental nerd.

--------------------

Re: saw dude get mugged today [Re: whiterabbit13]
    #4232595 - 05/29/05 05:55 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

whiterabbit13 said:
If only people in this world would explore kindness. Why do they think it is so cool to be thugish or whatever. I always thought being bad was... um bad. Crazy place we live in. still a lot of beauty in it though.

they are angry cause of slavery and racism.

--------------------

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Re: saw dude get mugged today [Re: question_for_joo]
    #4232599 - 05/29/05 06:04 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

yeah joo, since you know me oh so well. I was in a similar situation once and acted differently. I never said what crunchytoast did was wrong, nor did i even judge him. It isnt mandatory to intervine in a situation like that.
crunchytoast atleast didnt try to justify his behavior too much, and probably learned a lot from it. Most people would not have put themselves on front street like he did which shows that he actually has character and a solid awareness of self and his behavior. It was an event, neither good nor bad, and crunchytoast has chosen to learn from it atleast instead of trying to justify it away.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale