Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinecrunchytoast
oppositional

Loc: aporia
feelings
    #4232103 - 05/29/05 02:02 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

i've been thinking about this a lot lately...

(hope this doesnt sound corny but) feelings

knowing what your feelings are is important. everyone has feelings. feelings tell you things. just like when i stick my hand into a fire it burns and it hurts and its my nerves telling my body fire is bad for me- if i talk to a gf and she says something off the cuff that gives me a queasy feeling- it's telling me something is wrong.

feelings are harmless. you don't have to act on them if you don't want to. they're good. they're there to tell you things.

some people act as if being sad is bad, when the bad thing is what causes the sadness, not the feeling itself. that would be like saying the hurt in my hand is bad rather than the sticking of the hand in the fire.

sometimes it can be hard to get at the real meaning of a feeling.

for different reasons i myself and people i observe are morea nd less disconnected from their feelings. there's different reasons this might happen.

in my experience (with my friends and myself), talking about feelings helps people become aware of their relationship with their situation better, so they can make better decisions for themselves.

--------------------
"consensus on the nature of equilibrium is usually established by periodic conflict." -henry kissinger

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being