Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
my h/poo has non cube shroomz growing in it!!
    #4230124 - 05/28/05 03:28 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

like... i checked up on my box of h/poo today to see if it was contaminating and low and behold there were several shroomz that are definately not cubes grow ing out of it. the have a cap that is wierd... it kind of melted into some black gooey shit. there are spores from these shroomz everywhere!!! my question... is this poo done for? or could i jus pasturize it? or would i have to sterilize it in order to ensure those spores die? please.. give me some hope for my h/poo

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
Re: my h/poo has non cube shroomz growing in it!! [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #4230495 - 05/28/05 05:43 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

It sounds like you got hit with the inky cap. I think a pasturize would do the good for it.

--------------------
yawn...
SG

Invisibledeanofmean
mycophagous

Loc: PNW
    #4230957 - 05/28/05 08:00 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

did thy look like these ?

Inky Cap ? Coprinus spp.

These are evidence of free ammonia in the compost. Ammonia seems to be a nitrogen source. Their delicate gray caps autodigest quickly. Inky caps are indicators of nitrogen oversupplementation or a poorly managed Phase II compost. If there is too much residual ammonia, Phase II thermophilic microflora may be unable to convert all the ammonia into microbial protein. In addition, areas in the compost that did not remain within the range of 115 to 135 F from 72 to 96 hours after pasteurization may contain residual ammonia. This fungus is strongly cellulolytic.

Coprinus lagopus.

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Re: my h/poo has non cube shroomz growing in it!! [Re: deanofmean]
    #4231391 - 05/28/05 10:17 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

so will sterilization be neccessary or will pasturization suffice. im leaning towards sterilization because those spores will prolly survive pasturization and id rather take my chances with sterile poo than end up with inky caps contaming my cubes

--------------------
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

OfflineGNIOM1498
Death Cup
 User Gallery

Loc: My home is where my spiri...
    #4231929 - 05/29/05 12:28 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Yep I got that problem too. Good question. bump bump

--------------------

----ALL MY POSTS ARE FICTIONAL-------

Invisibledeanofmean
mycophagous

Loc: PNW
Re: my h/poo has non cube shroomz growing in it!! [Re: GNIOM1498]
    #4232249 - 05/29/05 02:54 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

try and leach the ammonia out of it first. soak it, add some lime and let it compost out for a while, should be ok once it looses the sour smell. :thumbup:
then get it good and dry before you pasteurize.

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Re: my h/poo has non cube shroomz growing in it!! [Re: deanofmean]
    #4232614 - 05/29/05 08:32 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

like... i think it gets leeched enough when i pasturize it because i urrently have some mini casings that colonized beautifulyl and have nice ropy rhizo's...... the only thing is is i only have the ability to pasturize enough manure at a time for like one 5 or 10 lb casing... so wut i have unused jus sits there and it DRIES OUT but still the time it has taken to dry out has been enough to grow these inky cap mushies

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation