Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Dad details raid by DEA
    #4230091 - 05/28/05 03:09 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

http://www.sentinelandenterprise.com/local/ci_2762226

Dad details raid by DEA
By J.J. Huggins

FITCHBURG -- The father of a suspected drug dealer said he was "floored" when he found out his son allegedly had a package full of the chemical used to make Ecstasy shipped to his home Monday morning.

Gary Iannuzzi, 54, believes his computer-whiz son, Andrew, 26, likely used the Internet to find the drug supplier that sent him a container of Gamma Butyrolactone (GBL) to his home in Fitchburg.

The substance ended up at Gary Iannuzzi's house at 50 Parker St., which is located in a suburban neighborhood full of single-family homes with sprawling lawns.

"He's smart, he can do anything he wants with a computer," Gary Iannuzzi said during an interview in his living room Wednesday afternoon. "We're somewhat (angry) that he would put this house at risk."

British police raided a drug laboratory in London last month and recovered a list of addresses of customers, according to Gardner Police Det. Lt. Gerald J. Poirier.

One of the addresses was Gary Iannuzzi's, so British authorities contacted the United States Drug Enforcement Administration.

The DEA then collaborated with the United States Postal Inspectors, and they allowed a shipment of GBL to pass through the mail and end up at Gary Iannuzzi's home.

"The package was delivered here and the DEA agent was dressed as a mailman," said Gary Iannuzzi.

He said his wife Darlene answered the door around 10 a.m. Monday morning and signed a form to receive the package, which had her stepson's name on it.

Several agents returned a short while later with an arrest warrant for Andrew Iannuzzi and then began searching the house.

Gary Iannuzzi was at the Oak Hill County Club at the time, where he works as a greenskeeper, and his wife called him and told him what was happening.

Gary Iannuzzi left work and returned home, while DEA agents searched the house looking for his son.

They didn't find Andrew Iannuzzi at the Parker Street house, but they arrested him later that day after raiding his home at 5 Meadowbrook Lane in Gardner, according to Poirier.

Andrew Iannuzzi works a steady job at a computer company in Chelmsford, drives a sports car, and lives in a nice condominium with his girlfriend and their 6-year-old son, according to Gary Iannuzzi.

His face resembles his father's with tan skin and dark brown eyes.

Gary Iannuzzi said his son graduated from high school in Gardner with good grades, but he was plagued by a heroin addiction that kept him from reaching his full potential.

"His SATs and everything were way up there, he could have gone to any college he wanted to," he said. "But we couldn't leave him alone at college or he would have come home in a box."

Andrew Iannuzzi stole from family members to feed his habit, got arrested several times, and went in and out of treatment while growing up, Gary Iannuzzi said.

But Andrew Iannuzzi was eventually able to retain a somewhat normal lifestyle with a job and a child, said Gary Iannuzzi.

DEA agents, along with the North Worcester County Drug Task Force searched Andrew Iannuzzi's home Monday and allegedly found a half-liter bottle of GBL, along with illegally obtained prescription narcotics, stun guns and explosives, according to Poirier.

Poirier said Andrew Iannuzzi likely used the explosives to make fireworks for entertainment.

Gary Iannuzzi said his son made headlines when as a teenager he learned to make a pipe bomb from the Internet.

Police found out about the bomb and sent a bomb squad to where his son lived in Leominster at the time, and they detonated it outside the home, he said.

Although Andrew Iannuzzi does not live with his father, Gary Iannuzzi said it is not uncommon for him to have mail delivered to the Parker Street address.

Andrew Iannuzzi has often used the home for a mailing address to receive items like computer parts and cigarettes, his father said.

But there was one suspicious package that arrived once, according to Gary Iannuzzi.

The package was addressed to Gary Iannuzzi's youngest son, who had no idea what it was or who sent it.

"It was a small shampoo bottle," Gary Iannuzzi said. "I opened it and it up it smelled like a cleaner of some sort ... but low and behold, it was that stuff (GMB)."

A few days later, Andrew Iannuzzi came by and picked it up, he said.

Andrew Iannuzzi is charged with possession of a class A drug with intent to distribute, possession of a class A drug (subsequent offense), possession of a class B drug with intent to distribute, possession of a class E drug with intent to distribute, possession of an inferno machine and possession of an electric stun gun, according to Poirier.

Andrew Iannuzzi's parents divorced when he was a toddler, and he spent most of his childhood living with his mother and stepfather, sporadically visiting his natural father, Gary Iannuzzi said.

At the age of 14, Andrew Iannuzzi began smoking pot, and it led him to heroin by the time he was 15-years-old, Gary Iannuzzi said.

He lived with his grandparents - Gary Iannuzzi's parents - for several years while battling his addiction.

His grandmother, Theresa Iannuzzi, said she is devastated by what has happened to her grandson.

"I'm very, very broken-hearted and disappointed, because he's a very intelligent person, and I just wish he would channel that intelligence into something positive," she said while sitting in her wheelchair insider the Parker Street home. "I'm always taking care of him. I've always loved him."

Gary Iannuzzi said his parents "suffered" while they put up with his son's drug habit.

"Typical heroin family," he said. "All the stories that go along with it."

He said he is hopeful, though skeptical, this latest arrest will help his son finally end his drug problem.

"He's been on programs, He went to rehab, he went through all kinds of treatments," Gary Iannuzzi said. "Where does it end?"

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineShdwstr
FSRCanada
Male

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Dad details raid by DEA [Re: motaman]
    #4230259 - 05/28/05 04:33 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

The kids not smart... he's a genius if he can make Extacy from Gamma Butyrolactone.
He must be the only one on the planet that can!!!!

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Dad details raid by DEA [Re: Shdwstr]
    #4230342 - 05/28/05 05:05 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Gamma-butyrolactone is turned into GHB in the stomach, and can be a precursor for GHB, but it's used to make MDMA? The chemical composition of GBL has the oxygens in quite different areas than MDMA.

Maybe they confused "liquid ecstasy" with real ecstasy?

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male Arcade Champion: Plumber

Loc: California
Re: Dad details raid by DEA [Re: Ravus]
    #4230368 - 05/28/05 05:13 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Maybe they're just fucking confused and don't know what the fuck they're talking about.

--------------------
delta9

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Dad details raid by DEA [Re: delta9]
    #4230398 - 05/28/05 05:20 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

"It was a small shampoo bottle," Gary Iannuzzi said. "I opened it and it up it smelled like a cleaner of some sort ... but low and behold, it was that stuff (GMB)."

They don't even use the same acronym to talk about GBL. They say GBL earlier in the article, and then suddenly out of nowhere comes GMB?

Most journalists are irresponsible sensationalists, except for the Gonzo. Well, he was also pretty irresponsible and sensational, but at least he got his information straight.

Seeing as how they simply call it ecstasy instead of MDMA, I can understand how an irresponsible journalist or confused DEA underdog could confuse GHB, which is referred to as "liquid ecstasy", with MDMA, or street ecstasy (supposedly).

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Father of suspected drug dealer under investigation [Re: motaman]
    #4230477 - 05/28/05 05:39 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

http://www.sentinelandenterprise.com/local/ci_2764405

Father of suspected drug dealer under investigation
By J.J. Huggins

FITCHBURG -- The father of a suspected drug dealer allegedly grew marijuana in his basement, which police said they discovered while searching for his son Monday morning, Police Sgt. Glenn C. Fossa said Thursday.

United States Drug Enforcement Administration agents and local police searched Gary Iannuzzi's house Monday after learning his son, Andrew Iannuzzi, used the Parker Street home as a mailing address to receive a shipment of Gamma Butyrolactone (GBL), the chemical used to make ecstasy, according to police reports.

The investigators did not find Andrew Iannuzzi, 26, at the home, but they discovered his 54-year-old father was allegedly cultivating marijuana in the basement, according to Fossa.

"They were executing the search warrant at about 10 in the morning and approximately 5 pounds of marijuana was found," Fossa said. "He will be summonsed on a charge of cultivating/manufacturing a class D substance and possession of a class D substance."

The DEA agents, along with the North Worcester County Drug Task Force, raided Andrew Iannuzzi's home at 5 Meadowbrook Lane in Gardner later that day, where they arrested him and allegedly seized a half-liter bottle of GBL, along with illegally obtained prescription narcotics, stun guns and explosives, according to police reports.

Police also allegedly seized several items used for growing marijuana at Gary Iannuzzi's house, including a carbon dioxide tank and high intensity lights rigged up to a metal rails where they would rotate in order to evenly provide heat to the plants, Fossa said.

"They're really elaborate things," he said.

Fossa said Gary Iannuzzi had a discussion with police, which resulted in the criminal charges. But Fossa said he could not disclose what Gary Iannuzzi said.

"Gary made statements to the police that led to the charging," Fossa said. "It is still under investigation, but Gary will be charged."

Gary Iannuzzi declined to comment Thursday.

He did not disclose the charges pending against himself during a Wednesday interview with the Sentinel & Enterprise regarding his son's arrest.

Fossa said drug busts involving federal and local law enforcement agencies will keep happening across the city.

"The DEA continues to assist us greatly and we have formed a terrific working partnership with them, and we are very active," Fossa said.

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Offlineizzy521
Stranger
I'm 'the kid' and Andrew Iannuzzi [Re: motaman]
    #4272620 - 06/08/05 06:25 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Hi all... yep it's 'me'... the 'one' above spreaded throughout the media and I must say it's complete frigan BS - totally unreal and I am still pinching myself to 'wake up' from this nightmare DUE TO THE MEDIA and nothing BUT!

I found this post from searching and wanted to quickly say as I have to run:
First of all you are ALL CORRECT in that GBL has NO RELATION to exstacy at all and me being accused of all this BS is uhnreal - now I know exactly what it is like or feels like to be, for example, a 'celebrity' that is accused of something and how the f*ck'n media BLOWS it all out of proportion.

Thety claimed I had a EXSTACY LAB, and explosives, weapons, etc...

Know what they found? A frigan ornamental decorative knive collection of knives not even sharp, 2, count them, 2 pellet air guns LEGAL TO HAVE IN MY STATE, and MEDICATION IN MY NAME they took... that I then had to get back.

I appreciat5e everyones somewhat support here - althought not myh 'home board' as I go to others and have support from co-workers, neighjbors, friends, etcf - feel free to contact my hotmail email

I feel it is fine to share this public info but please contact me.

The media is pure BS and to say the least very disturbing for a person like myself with a full time 'DBA' (Oracle/SQL and network admin, and much more) career, family, personal life, etc.... and not a major drug dealing lab as the media claims...

Thanks - best regards to all. And TO ALL - TRUST NO ONE, BE SAFE PLEASE and LEARN from THIS!!!!

Edited by izzy521 (06/08/05 06:33 PM)

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Loc: florida
Re: I'm 'the kid' and Andrew Iannuzzi [Re: izzy521]
    #4273036 - 06/08/05 08:31 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Dude, you used the address where you dad grows pot for a safe addy? You schmuck...

--------------------
We got Nothing!
we're no longer selling jars.  :laugh:

Offlineizzy521
Stranger
Re: I'm 'the kid'.... [Re: MikeOLogical]
    #4274935 - 06/09/05 07:18 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

No comment to the above..except - "Did 'I' use the address" would be the main question.

A schmuck.... wow big words. No need for the 'flaming' here, but my 5yr old son is more mature than 'my father's actions'.

Offlineizzy521
Stranger
Re: I'm 'the kid'.... [Re: izzy521]
    #4274945 - 06/09/05 07:26 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Oh and I love how my 'biological P.O.S.' does an entire article on me and my past and history as an addict and turning my life around - and then a day later he's F*CK*D...

If I were in my POS BIOLOGICAL 'father' (I don't even like using the word father) of 55+yrs and all this happened and "ME" putting the house in jeapordy while he had his own 'hobby' going - I think I would have cleaned house... but who's the schmuck? A day later the paper reports from the Monday incidient on Friday and Saturday following the entire above posted findings at the home.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: I'm 'the kid'.... [Re: izzy521]
    #4280029 - 06/10/05 02:58 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

yeah the media and the coppers really blow things out of proportion.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: I'm 'the kid'.... [Re: motaman]
    #4290217 - 06/13/05 06:47 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

At the age of 14, Andrew Iannuzzi began smoking pot, and it led him to heroin by the time he was 15-years-old, Gary Iannuzzi said.

Yep... I started drinking breast milk when I was born, and then moved up to water a few months later. Hell, by the time I was ten, that damn breast milk had me hooked on beer and cigarettes. If breast milk were illegal, I wouldn't be such an irresponsible person. Just say NO to breast milk, the gateway liquid.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service