Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBigBubba808
St00pid Newb

help this newb PF-tek
    #4228897 - 05/28/05 12:42 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

alright im useing the PF-Tek, i think i fucked up. first off, i had my jars boiling in a pot, and it ran outta water, i put more water in and gave it more time, bout 2 hours total they were boiling, they appear to be fine, but the jars cracked, all of them, i felt all around and you cant feel the cracks, and i banged them around a lil bit to see if there fragile, they didnt break so im thinking the cracks are in the inside of the jar, the top layer of dry verm, apears to be still dry. since i had a freebie syringe around of Texas, i descided to Incolate 7 of the jars, even though i gotta bad feeling im gonna end up with contams, one being while i was moving them, i droped them all on the carpet floor, after i sterilized them, i sprayed them all around with Lysol though. on the sterile part i was extra careful(not affraid to spray down everything in my house with lysol).

from the above info, the cracks, the dropping, the running outta water in the pot, do you think i should just toss those 7 before i prepare my other jars tommoro of my B+ and Equadorian? i will be putting them all in the same Incubator, if my 7 messed up ones do end up contamed, is it easy to spread in the Incubator? or do contams not spread easily in the Incubator?

sorry for the newbie question, apreciate all help greatly. i would rather keep my 7 Jars of Texas if i can. thanks.

--------------------
"I'm just a souuul who's intentions are good... Oh Lord! pleast dont let me be misunderstood."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLengthyFellow
I play with poo

Re: help this newb PF-tek [Re: BigBubba808]
    #4228960 - 05/28/05 01:12 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

BigBubba808 said:
i droped them all on the carpet floor, after i sterilized them, i sprayed them all around with Lysol though. 

wait so you dropped the jars onto the carpet? was this intentional or what im just a little confused. If you have cracks in your jars I would reccomend starting over, or not having high expectations for this batch. Go buy sommore jars  :undecided: :sorry: :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineGNIOM1498
Death Cup
 User Gallery

Loc: My home is where my spiri...
    #4228965 - 05/28/05 01:13 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

they will spread in the incubator. I would save them just put tape over the holes. Once the mycelium gets about quater in size around injection site thats when I will see contams by then if no contams are present then I would remove the tape.

--------------------

----ALL MY POSTS ARE FICTIONAL-------

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: help this newb PF-tek [Re: GNIOM1498]
    #4229220 - 05/28/05 02:55 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

The point of jars is to have a Sterile environment....Inside the jars...If you dropped them on the floor then it's no big deal...

Quote:

i sprayed them all around with Lysol though.

That however...was a mistake....you would have been fine...Lysol usually causes mutes...

You can still grow, but making prints and having normal mushrooms might not happen..

-Gnostic

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
Re: help this newb PF-tek [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #4229400 - 05/28/05 07:33 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

from what you said the pot ran out of water and you added more. was it cold water you put back in? boiling hot jars should not have cold water added to them or they will crack. get your water as hot as you can and then add it into the pot, even maybe get another pot to the boiling point and then add it in.
COLD WATER TO HOT JARS = BROKEN JARS.

OfflineAkashaPrinciple
Think ForYourself
Male User Gallery

Re: help this newb PF-tek [Re: backupwards]
    #4229434 - 05/28/05 08:14 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

backupwards said:
COLD WATER TO HOT JARS = BROKEN JARS.

Thats exactly what came to mind as i read his post. I have no experience in cultivation, but i do know that adding cold water to hot jars is a definate  :nonono:

Akasha

--------------------
And in my darkest moment, fetal and weeping. The moon tells me a secret.
"My confidant, As full and bright as I am, this light is not my own,
A million light reflections pass over me, It's source is bright and endless"

TOOL - 'Reflection'

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: help this newb PF-tek [Re: AkashaPrinciple]
    #4229439 - 05/28/05 08:17 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

LOL

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Re: help this newb PF-tek [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #4229460 - 05/28/05 08:32 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

IGnosticAbhorI said:
LOL

you know about them jars and bottoms falling out
hahahhahahaha
hope to never experience it.
peace

OfflineBigBubba808
St00pid Newb

#4230499 - 05/28/05 03:43 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

ha yeah i figured thats what happened too cause when i poured the water in it steamed like shit, kinda burned my hand, but i knew the water was low but i didnt think it had none, was doing it out on my grill on the burner out there, couldnt see the water level. i just figured since when i rub my finger on the cracks i cant feel the crack, so i figure its just a small one, and isnt letting anything in from outside of it.

--------------------
"I'm just a souuul who's intentions are good... Oh Lord! pleast dont let me be misunderstood."

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

#4230547 - 05/28/05 03:55 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

well bubba, you can always hope that nothing gets in there or just start over. if you can feel the cracks then chances are that a contam can weasel its way in. i myself would have to just empty those jars out in to something fluff it up and put it back into new jars. then just cook them again. that is as long as you didn't burn them.
why are you out on the grill?
good luck
peace

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck