Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleveggie

'Drug Terminator' incinerates narcotics
    #4227868 - 05/27/05 09:05 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Carson City's 'Drug Terminator' incinerates narcotics
May 27, 2005 - tahoebonanza.com

Thousands of dollars in confiscated drugs were reduced to ash Tuesday when the Department of Public Safety used its newly acquired "Drug Terminator" to incinerate drugs from marijuana to steroids.

Evidence technicians from the Carson City Sheriff's Department and Nevada Division of Investigation gave a demonstration of the incinerator's power, stuffing a 55-gallon barrel with $200,000 worth of illegal drugs. And not so much as a puff of smoke gave away the barrel's contents.

The Drug Terminator looks rather primitive. It's a 55-gallon drum on a hand-truck fitted with a blower. Once a bag of Match Lite charcoal is lit inside and the lid snapped on, the blowers are started. Bags containing psychedelic mushrooms, methamphetamine, cocaine, heroin, LSD, marijuana and steroids were stuffed into a feeder and shoved into a hole on the top of the barrel.

Inside, the two high-velocity electric blowers create a cyclone of intense heat. The volume of material is reduced to an average of 1 percent ash.

"This gives us the portability to destroy these drugs anywhere in the area without disclosing our location, and more frequently," said Lt. Scott Jackson of the Tri-Net Drug Taskforce.

Drug destruction was a heady task prior to the acquisition of this $2,400 piece of equipment.

Jackson said officers would sometimes drive as far away as Idaho to destroy drug evidence.

Some of the narcotics burned Tuesday were from 10-year-old cases that were recently resolved.

Seven boxes of drug evidence from the Carson City Sheriff's Department were among the items destroyed.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecb9fl
Senior ChildMolestationExpert
Loc: florida
Re: 'Drug Terminator' incinerates narcotics [Re: veggie]
    #4227944 - 05/27/05 09:32 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

:sad:

--------------------
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide

"Generosity is nothing else than a craze to possess. All which I abandon, all which I give, I enjoy in a higher manner through the fact that I give it away. To give is to enjoy possessively the object which one gives."

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
Re: 'Drug Terminator' incinerates narcotics [Re: cb9fl]
    #4228158 - 05/27/05 11:10 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Fuck. Well, from now on, instead of counting sheep while I try to sleep, I'll be counting 55-gallon barrels with $200,000 worth of illegal drugs.

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

Invisibledaussaulit
Forgetful

Loc: Earth
    #4228815 - 05/28/05 02:09 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

so, $2400 for a couple blowers, a 55-gallon drum, and a bag of charcoal? someone got ripped off.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
Re: 'Drug Terminator' incinerates narcotics [Re: daussaulit]
    #4229649 - 05/28/05 12:31 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

it was matchlite charcoal.  So it was worth it.

Gimme 50 bucks and i could come up with an incenerated that do just as good i bet :smile:

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

Loc: Lysergia
Re: 'Drug Terminator' incinerates narcotics [Re: baraka]
    #4230595 - 05/28/05 06:08 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Gimme the drugs and i'll 'incinerate' them for free :wink:

OfflineAsanteA
light your candle on my love
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
    #4230677 - 05/28/05 06:41 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

stuffing a 55-gallon barrel with $200,000 worth of illegal drugs. And not so much as a puff of smoke gave away the barrel's contents.

I bet the cops responsible for the incineration having $200.000 worth of fun is a better explanation for the lack of smoke..

Quote:

Jackson said officers would sometimes drive as far away as Idaho to destroy drug evidence.

This statement is the stuff longstanding signatures are made of :grin:

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service