Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
takin some MGs on a camping trip
    #4223852 - 05/26/05 06:33 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

This weekend I'm going camping with a bunch of friends, and I'm planning on taking 7 packs of morning glory seeds, each pack weighing 1.8 grams. 5 packs of heavenly blue, 1 pack of flying saucers, and 1 pack of pearly gates. Now I've done 5 packs before alone, and 5 packs with half an eighth of shrooms before, and would have liked it to be more intense. So I'm bumping it up to 7 packs. I plan on taking a dramasil or two to hopefully eliminate the nauseau, because I'm sure it's going to be bad with so many seeds. I hate the taste of the seeds, the first time I did it the seeds weren't so bad up until like the 3rd pack. It was very tough to get them down and the taste made me gag.

Now I'm thinking about doing a cold water extraction, just so i dont have to deal with the taste of chewing up the seeds. I've heard mixed reports on the cold water extraction and potency. Can anyone give me some advice on whether or not it would be worth it to do the extraction? I plan on eating them tomorrow at around 1pm. I don't want to deal with any petroleum ether or light fluid or anything like that. Maybe I should let them germinate over night then take the shells off the seeds? Any advice?

Also, 7 packs is a lot, and I read some reports that make me hesitant. In one report I read this guy said his fingers started to get bruised because the blood was getting cut off to them. He tripped off of the seeds 3 times in a week though, and one of his doses was 500 seeds, the other doses were less. He said sometimes cattle's ears and hooves fall off from too much ergot(which is in the seeds). I just want to make sure 7 packs, 12.6 grams, approximately 550 seeds, isn't going to make my fingers bruise or make my limbs fall off(haha).

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblezSDMF
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: lost in nothing
Re: takin some MGs on a camping trip [Re: nightkrawler]
    #4223949 - 05/26/05 07:04 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

no, they won't. just make sure the seeds aren't treated

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Re: takin some MGs on a camping trip [Re: zSDMF]
    #4223993 - 05/26/05 07:19 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

it doesnt say if they're treated or not. i'm going to wash them first just incase

--------------------

OfflineSHR00MiN
PSYCH0PSiL0CYBiN

Loc: RI
    #4224156 - 05/26/05 08:09 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

yo whats up?

take some tylenol before you do it; its a blood thinner as the seeds are vasoconstrictive

--------------------
"Im gone upstairs to fuck ya grandmotha" - George Carlin

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Re: takin some MGs on a camping trip [Re: SHR00MiN]
    #4224315 - 05/26/05 08:54 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

ahh, thanks for the advice, i never would've thought about doing that. they're now on the checklist of things to get at walmart tomorrow morning haha.

--------------------

InvisibleCidneyIndole
www.shroomery.OG
Male User Gallery

Loc: Love's Secret Domain
Your proGnosis [Re: nightkrawler]
    #4224527 - 05/26/05 10:12 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

You should be just fine on 12.6 grams of seeds. Just be careful--don't do much more than that, and don't do it for a while after. There are also certain conditions and medications which just ARE NOT good with the seeds. If you suffer from liver or heart disease or hypertension, it's a bad idea. If you're taking macrolide antibiotics (one of the most popular is Zithromax) don't take the seeds. Other than that, you should be safely tripping your face off. I recently had a horrible experience with this, which you can read if you look at my posts under my profile (RE: VERY IMPORTANT IF YOU'RE THINKING OF SEEDS!!!!!!!) My doses were admittedly high, I took it 5 times in 6-7 weeks, and I was put on 2 macrolide antibiotics right in the middle of all this tripping. This has lead to tingling and numbness in the fingers and feet, which has gone on for nearly 2 weeks now.
However, as you'll notice upon reading that post, stvip pointed out that niacin and Ginko Biloba are vasodilators, so they should combat this effect. I started taking the niacin yesterday, and the ginko just a few hours ago. I'm already noticing a small level of improvement. I can't say how safe the ginko would be to take WHILE tripping, but pop some niacin beforehand, and perhaps some ginko the next day? Ergot alkaloids are powerful vasoconstrictors, and ginko is a pretty potent vasodilator. So the effects should counter each other. The only thing I'm unsure of are OTHER effects from the ginko, which may interact with the alkaloids. Niacin should be fairly safe, tho. It should also be noted that nicotine is a vasoconstrictor, so you may want to avoid chain smoking. Please understand that I'm not trying to scare you, just inform you. The last thing you need is to start a trip with paranoid thoughts. As long as you don't have any of the conditions I described, you're not eating these things constantly, and it's a reasonable dose (12.6g is fine) you're golden.
Now, as far as method of ingestion: I prefer a cold-water extraction. This eliminates some of the nausea, and makes it far easier to get it down the hatch quickly. There are numerous reports of how to do this on sites like erowid. Here's a quick version of how I do it. Cold distilled water (heat and chlorine destroy the good stuff). Acidify the water by adding lemon or lime juice. Ideally you would probably use tartaric acid, but I've also used Cream of Tartar and Ascorbic Acid (vitamin C). This aids the extraction. I grind the seeds up pretty well with a coffee grinder, then let the seeds soak for a day (tho you don't necessarily NEED to soak them this long). Seeds should be soaked in DARKNESS (light destroys the alkaloids, from what I understand). A closet is ideal. Then I filter the mush through a wire coffee filter. If you ground the seeds to a fine flour, some of the seed pulp (but not shell) will remain in the liquid. I've consumed it like this, but still experience a fair amount of nausea, as well as diarrhea. If you grind it fine, let the filtered solution sit in a TALL and NARROW container. It takes several hours at least, but the mush slowly settles to the bottom. Then I take the container (being careful not to jostle or shake at all) and down all but the last inch of liquid/seed mush. This process loses a small amount of the good stuff, so one might want to use a SLIGHTLY higher dose than you would if just eating the seeds. I find the trip from this method to feel much "cleaner" and lucid than just eating the seeds. Not to mention the total absence of diarrhea. There's my input, for what it's worth.
And as a side note, in the following days and weeks, I intend to do some more research, and I'll be starting a thread strictly devoted to discussing methods of increasing safety and decreasing side-effects of the seeds (vasoconstriction, drowsiness, etc.). So check back on my posts for more info, if anyone's interested.

The author is not a doctor, and is unqualified to give medical advice. The author also does not advocate the igestion of drugs without a prescription, or the breaking of any laws. The above process is given for informational purposes only, and the account is purely fictional. So bite me.

--------------------
------------------------
I am me. We are You.

InvisibleCidneyIndole
www.shroomery.OG
Male User Gallery

Re: Your proGnosis [Re: CidneyIndole]
    #4225656 - 05/27/05 07:23 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Oh, and for the record, I normally use about 1 tablespoon of lemon or lime for every cup of water used. This also improves the taste a bit. And the resulting liquid, after the process is finished, should have a nice yellow color, and should be completely clear. If the liquid is a cloudy yellow, and you can't see through it, then all the seed particles haven't settled yet. Just thought I'd add.

I don't feel like writing a disclaimer at this time. But the previous disclaimer applies. Shit, I just wrote a disclaimer, didn't I?

--------------------
------------------------
I am me. We are You.

OfflinePryme
Searching...
Loc: South Carolina
    #4226494 - 05/27/05 12:42 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Since you seem to know alot about mg seeds, could you tell me if it would be safe to buy some from wal-mart, lowes, or nearby florist shop? If they come treated, is there a way to make them safe by chance? Please help me out because me and some buddies are celebrating this weekend.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Your proGnosis [Re: Pryme]
    #4226644 - 05/27/05 01:14 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

They'll be treated. (Maybe not the nearby florist shop, depends, obviously). Your best bet of course, would be a vendor online who sells untreated seeds.

You could just wash off the seeds. But it'd be easier to get em online. Also, the kind of shops that sell untreated seeds probably sell them for a reason, so perhaps they're more likely to be of good quality (maybe?).

Then again, maybe you don't want to order them online. Most people I know who get morning glory seeds do so because of the little hassle involved. Though, there are the few (perhaps like you?) who actually find it enjoyable for what it is, and not the price/availability:trip ratio.

Be safe, and enjoy.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

OfflinePryme
Searching...
    #4226712 - 05/27/05 01:25 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I'm for the tripping of course...but I'd rather not go through the online hassle and just buy them at a store around me...So, washing would do enough to clean the treatments off?

InvisibleCidneyIndole
www.shroomery.OG
Male User Gallery

#4226848 - 05/27/05 01:52 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

OK, Pryme, here's the deal: The seeds are safe to buy at all of the locations you mentioned. I've taken seeds from Wal-Mart, Lowes, and local florists. Lowes is pretty expensive, and doesn't always have the right ones (I prefer the Heavenly Blue). Wal-Mart is usually well stocked when it's in season. They sell Burpee seeds (among others), which always kick my ass. It would be much cheaper to buy bulk from an online vendor, but if you can find "bonus packs" at Wal-Mart or the florist(I think burpee makes those) you'll save some cash. (The bonus packs have 5g of seed for just over a buck, where the normal packs have 1.5 to 1.8g for $1-1.70.) Seed distributors are, from what I've heard, required by law to label if the seeds were treated. The seeds I got from Lowes were marked "Not for human consumption." To be safe, wash them off with COLD water and a little soap, rinse, then wash again. If you're paranoid, and want to be Xtra safe, give it a rinse with alcohol after the wash, then rinse again. I've never had a problem with a soap-and-water wash, though. Oh, and I've never noticed a quality difference between seeds I've gotten online, and those I've gotten locally. They're just cheaper. Don't stress, just be safe.

All of the above is given for informational purposes only. The author does not advocate illegal activity. Drugs are bad, and pre-marital sex will blow your legs off.

--------------------
------------------------
I am me. We are You.

OfflinePryme
Searching...
    #4226992 - 05/27/05 02:27 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks so much for all the information! That basically got all my questions answered and btw, I think MG was completely legal. Is it because it contains lsa?

Offlinestvip
Strange stranger
Loc: Israel
    #4227166 - 05/27/05 03:36 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Methyl mercury is sometimes used to treat seeds. It bioaccumulates, and causes, among other deleterious effects, nervous system damage.
I wouldn't take any risks with that, very happy unbirthdays nonwithstanding. Other treats are no treats either. Consider that safety regulations for the amount of toxic materials are meant to prevent accidents, i.e: accidental ingestion of a couple of seeds, not intentional consumption of hundreds of non-esculent seeds.
I have in the past received packets of treated seeds (Sunflower) from the US, where the ingestion warning was buried somewhere in the accompanying information leaflet, so a mere lack of explicit labeling on the seed packet label would not suffice.
Of course, one could always contact the manufacturer (seed company, not Mother Earth) and enquire.

Edited by stvip (05/27/05 08:05 PM)

OfflineDarthVader
High as afuckin' fireescape

#4227236 - 05/27/05 04:15 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

ehh...

you wouldn't just want to get shrooms?

--------------------
The Beatles were so high they let RINGO sing a couple songs- Bill Hicks

"A designer thug with designer drugs/E, shrooms and i'm tryna fuck/
you... and possibly her/I'm a cold nigga... brrrr" -Mac Dre

http://wildlupin.com/c2b3110304_092.jpg
^Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains
(i'm in the front row, trippin' off Les Claypool's superpowers)
http://www.primusville.com/hg/stream/Primus-PuddingTime-Video.ram <--Primus concert video
http://orpheus-1.ucsd.edu/speccoll/dspolitic/Frame.htm <--dr seuss political cartoons from WWII. trippy.

OfflinePryme
Searching...
Re: takin some MGs on a camping trip [Re: DarthVader]
    #4227923 - 05/27/05 07:22 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Because getting syringes and the such isn't practical in my living conditions right now and I don't know where any grow and it's easier to get something legal and learn my way into psychedelics.

InvisibleCidneyIndole
www.shroomery.OG
Male User Gallery

Re: takin some MGs on a camping trip [Re: Pryme]
    #4228552 - 05/27/05 10:59 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Morning Glory seeds ARE legal. I'm not 100 percent, but I believe ingesting seeds is something of a legal gray area. I've looked pretty hard, and I've never heard of any reports of people being arrested for taking seeds. However, attempting to make any extraction of alkaloids from the seeds, however simple, is DEFINITELY illegal. LSA is a schedule III controlled substance, which you technically could be arrested for possessing. btw, Vader, that Mac Dre thing is freakin' hilarious. Is he for real? And Bill Hicks was a comedic GOD!

--------------------
------------------------
I am me. We are You.

OfflineDarthVader
High as afuckin' fireescape

Re: takin some MGs on a camping trip [Re: CidneyIndole]
    #4228818 - 05/28/05 12:10 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

mac dre is hilarious and real.

he started off as a gansta/pimp rapper, but once he got out of jail (he got framed for robbery conspiracy) he started doing goofy ass styles...
he started rapping about thizz (e) shrooms, etc... actually, his rhymes were always clever and catchy... at his worst he was as good as too short is at his best.

Thizzelle washington was cool

Look up his shit online... download it of you are too cheap to buy it (he died recently... got shot up on halloween)

yeah, he was hella funny... he had a really diverse and appealing repetoire.

rapper gone bad is a good album if you don't know his shit...

--------------------
The Beatles were so high they let RINGO sing a couple songs- Bill Hicks

"A designer thug with designer drugs/E, shrooms and i'm tryna fuck/
you... and possibly her/I'm a cold nigga... brrrr" -Mac Dre

http://wildlupin.com/c2b3110304_092.jpg
^Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains
(i'm in the front row, trippin' off Les Claypool's superpowers)
http://www.primusville.com/hg/stream/Primus-PuddingTime-Video.ram <--Primus concert video
http://orpheus-1.ucsd.edu/speccoll/dspolitic/Frame.htm <--dr seuss political cartoons from WWII. trippy.

OfflinePS_Cubes
Searching...
 User Gallery

Loc: ...for LSD
Re: takin some MGs on a camping trip [Re: DarthVader]
    #4229768 - 05/28/05 11:29 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

just do a real hallucinogen

--------------------

OfflinepH_
Voyager
 User Gallery

Loc: New England
Re: takin some MGs on a camping trip [Re: PS_Cubes]
    #4229989 - 05/28/05 12:40 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

PS_Cubes said:
just do a real hallucinogen

:whack: "real"? im sure LSA can gives experiences that would make it "real". its what you make it.. sure it probably wont be on the same level as shrooms or acid, but its definately real.

OfflinePryme
Searching...
Re: takin some MGs on a camping trip [Re: pH_]
    #4231184 - 05/28/05 07:33 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I'd like to get my grounds on the whole hallucinogen effects and the such. And plus I think you can do an lsa extraction and then to lsd from mg anyway, right? Isn't it like lsa is lsd, but to a less powerful effect?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag