Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecrunchytoast
oppositional

Loc: aporia
Psychedelics are good for people?
    #4216600 - 05/24/05 10:26 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Lots of people say psychedelics are good for them. I think they are good for me. Are they good for other people?

How many people have known someone before and after trying psychedelics? How would you describe the changes brought on in others through psychedelics? What are some really good/really bad changes you've seen? Overall would you say psychedelics improve/cause problems for people you see use them (not yourself)? Or in your experience is there generally no effect?

--------------------
"consensus on the nature of equilibrium is usually established by periodic conflict." -henry kissinger

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBeentothere
Waiting for abus
Re: Psychedelics are good for people? [Re: crunchytoast]
    #4216769 - 05/24/05 11:23 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Personally I wouldn't say there good for people. I believe people can have great self-realizations and don't forget visualizations. I myself, as well as many others I'm sure, experience more problems when ingesting mushrooms. I'm sure you have heard it before and the the same warning applied to other hallucinogen's that it is not a good idea to trip when going through any type of stress, drama or related issues and definetly not a good idea for a person who has even more serious problems such as bi-polar disorder, clinical depression, anxiety disorders, etc. -hey, a run on sentence!  :grin:
                                            - my two cents  :headbang:

--------------------
When I try to get through,
On the telephone to you,
There'll be nobody home...

OfflineVeter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Psychedelics are good for people? [Re: Beentothere]
    #4217320 - 05/25/05 02:58 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Its not necessarily proven, but there is proof out there that shrooms are at least good for you. Psilocybin has been shown to increase brain activity and fertility and smaller doses.

Shrooms certainly arent UNHEALTHY for you, even if it is concluded that they arent healthy for you. However, if that is the case, then since there is no physical damage caused, they are nothing more than a good time and a way to get in touch with reality.

--------------------
Let the Demons have their place, if so, it's angels you'll create.

OfflineTheCow
Stranger

Re: Psychedelics are good for people? [Re: Veter]
    #4217353 - 05/25/05 03:22 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Drugs are fun. If you read more into it, then thats up to you. Personally I find people who claim to have great introspective visions on hallucinogens to be quite silly. Im not saying they didnt have some great vision, but realistically they were quite intoxicated. I view it as I would a drunk person claiming that hes figured out the universe.

Offlinebeatnicknick
The Innovator
Male User Gallery

Re: Psychedelics are good for people? [Re: TheCow]
    #4223593 - 05/26/05 05:28 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

No, that's just you. I really have had great realizations about the universe while drugged, but then again, I am extremely philosophical and have a broad view on what's going on in normal life. While intoxicated, I write down my ideas and look at them the next day to find out they are amazing and other people think I am one the most brilliant men they have met because I explained my theories which are so called "intoxicated ramblings." I really am not brilliant at all, I just have an open mind.

--------------------
I don't think for myself. I think as though I'm explaining my thoughts to someone else. I'm concerned only for those listening.

Offlinecucumel
Stranger
Re: Psychedelics are good for people? [Re: beatnicknick]
    #4224246 - 05/26/05 08:31 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Hallucinogens are healthy for philosophers and unhealthy for teens and immature people who are looking for fun or scape from reality.

OfflineBoneMan
Shrimpin ain't easy
Male

Loc: new new england
Re: Psychedelics are good for people? [Re: cucumel]
    #4224298 - 05/26/05 08:47 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

"psychedelics are good for people?" maybe not.

how about: "psychedelics are for good people"

mushrooms tend to point out and magnify everything i feel that i may have done wrong, or acted selfishly, and send me on a guilt trip.

so, since i love tripping, the only option is to do my best to steer clear of selfish acts, and anything else that i may consider morally wrong. in a normal state of mind its easy to ignore things that cause small amounts of guilt, but on a trip it gets blown up so big that its all i can think about.

anyone else have similar experiences? it may just be my personality, i tend to have much more compassion than i'd like to have sometimes...

i.e. feeling the pain of an animal thats caught in a trap, or wounded or suffering in any way
to the point where i wish i could just put it out of its misery so i can get some sleep.

Offlineryanvergel
qdbpqdbp
Male

Re: Psychedelics are good for people? [Re: BoneMan]
    #4224757 - 05/26/05 11:04 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I've noticed a change since taking psychadelics, not saying that it is because of the psychadelics, but I know it's had an impact.

boneman: yeah, lately ive been having more and more sympathy and empathy with everything around me, i feel like im becoming extremely compassionate and loving as of late, ESPECIALLY when i'm on shrooms. My friends call me "the watcher" because the only way I'll be comfortable on shrooms is making sure everyone else is 100% fine. No one else can be hungry/thirsty/etc etc...I just get really worried about people and stuff, and like to bond.

--------------------
So it goes.

Invisibleyousuck
Stranger

Re: Psychedelics are good for people? [Re: ryanvergel]
    #4225855 - 05/27/05 09:22 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ryanvergel said:
I've noticed a change since taking psychadelics, not saying that it is because of the psychadelics, but I know it's had an impact.

boneman: yeah, lately ive been having more and more sympathy and empathy with everything around me, i feel like im becoming extremely compassionate and loving as of late, ESPECIALLY when i'm on shrooms. My friends call me "the watcher" because the only way I'll be comfortable on shrooms is making sure everyone else is 100% fine. No one else can be hungry/thirsty/etc etc...I just get really worried about people and stuff, and like to bond.

heh, not to stray too far off topic, but i always had this idea that as a requirement for becoming a national leader would be the ingestion of a kilo of mushrooms. after one has ingested that amount over time, then they would be ready to lead a nation.

ive also considered the enforcement of a national ingestion of mushrooms, but then im always reminded of what was said in the matrix about those who can accept a new reality, and those who are too lost to do so. so it seems that maybe younger folks are the only ones who can handle what is being shown to them on shrooms, while adults would reject the experience, preferring more of a bought spirituality than a true spirituality.

Either way, shrooms are in no way meant for the american public, which is the most mentally ill of all publics.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: Psychedelics are good for people? [Re: yousuck]
    #4226025 - 05/27/05 10:23 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

My friends call me "the watcher" because the only way I'll be comfortable on shrooms is making sure everyone else is 100% fine. No one else can be hungry/thirsty/etc etc...I just get really worried about people and stuff, and like to bond.

Be careful, this type of mentality in a trip can lead you to spiral out into a bad one. Especially when someone else is on a bad one. They tend to be able to suck you into it if you try and help them, and are simultaneously worried about their well being as well. All I am trying to say is that mindset of being the watcher could lead you to a bad time when everything doesn't go the watcher's way.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Offlineemptywisdom
simple being oflight
 User Gallery

Loc: Lemuria
    #4226639 - 05/27/05 01:13 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Psychedelics are good for me. I'm people, I think.....

I've certainly seen people who just can't handle them. They are not good for everybody.

--------------------

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Re: Psychedelics are good for people? [Re: emptywisdom]
    #4226651 - 05/27/05 01:15 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

People who have never experienced psychedelics obviously can lead happy lives. My life has been up and down numerous times, and I'm not sure how psychedelics play into there one way or another really. Either way, I'm here now and the doors are opened, so I can only go forwards. I don't think it's a matter of good or bad, you're either here or you're not.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4226993 - 05/27/05 02:27 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

cucumel said:
Hallucinogens are healthy for philosophers and unhealthy for teens and immature people who are looking for fun or scape from reality.

A truer thing I've not heard in a while...

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: Psychedelics are good for people? [Re: myndreach]
    #4229619 - 05/28/05 10:21 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Are people good for psychedelics?

OfflineFreedom
Pigment of your imagination
Male User Gallery

Re: Psychedelics are good for people? [Re: dr0mni]
    #4282819 - 06/11/05 09:07 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I've become more aware of my emotions and how important they are. I find that mushrooms force me to pay attention to how I feel. I have found that psychedelics in general do this and in so can reveal the dark places within me. I think this is why people have bad trips- they don't want to see the dark places.

Also mushrooms loosen up my perspectives a little- I am much more likely to look at an issue from the perspective of a cat, or my father, or the earth, or god, or a quadriplegic..... While these perspectives may still only be my imagination, it still loosens me up from my standard ways of thinking and can be quite use full

OfflineBagel
Mr.T's evil twin

Loc: Southern Ontario
    #4283543 - 06/11/05 01:29 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

cucumel said:

I partially resent that comment, I am a teenager, but that by no means means I am irresponsible with what I put in my body, I have had a couple of realizations that have helped me improve my attitude towards other on my past two trips. And BY NO MEANS, will I ever use a drug to "escape" I find this to be a very dangerous practice with any drug whether they are legal or not. It would lead to the world used as an escape becoming a reality I couldn't live without and would lead to a self-depricating reliance on the substance.

OfflineSmallAlien
Stranger

Loc: Washington State, USA
Re: Psychedelics are good for people? [Re: Bagel]
    #4283930 - 06/11/05 03:49 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Hey...interesting thoughts, my psychonautic brethren...for me, psychedelics (LSD and particularly Mushrooms) have had a profound effect on my life; how I live it and how I see it...under their influence, I discovered that there was a "God"...that reality was made of meaning...that our lives are stories with plots, sub-plots, characters, themes...reasons for everything...no accidents...no coincidence...just meaning, meaning, meaning,,,no separation...all is one...love...the world is made of love...God is love...literally...everyone and everything around me is God...everything they say and do is literally God saying and doing it...no death...only now...these are some things I learned while on psychedelics...they offer a vision to set one's compass by...they give a glimpse of how things really are...then it is up to us to remember...to integrate...to become...we must be vigilante...we must act like it matters...peace, psmaul

--------------------
http://smallalien.com

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#4283935 - 06/11/05 03:52 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

psychedelics are like a tool for examining your mind. some people will having difficulty using it, some people will learn to make the most of it.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

OfflineSmallAlien
Stranger

Loc: Washington State, USA
Re: Psychedelics are good for people? [Re: dr0mni]
    #4283962 - 06/11/05 04:01 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah...that's what I'm talking about...Rumi is fuckin' for real, yo!...with psychedelics, regular people can see what Rumi saw...what Jesus saw...what Ghandi saw...the key is that the psychedelic makes what was once theoretical into a reality...it's all well and good to say people can achieve these very advanced states of consciousness without "drugs"...through meditation, study of sacred texts, psychotherapy...but I want to know, how often does this really work?...that matters...does it work?...psychedelics work!...indeed, they do...they overwhelm...they crush the ego like the flea that it is...they work......then you go off and you do your various practices...in the full knowledge of oneness, not in a state of separation...it can and often does radically accelerate personal evolution...it should be consciously considered as a way of healing our species on a massive scale...peace, the small one

--------------------
http://smallalien.com

OfflineShiin
Orthodox Christian

Re: Psychedelics are good for people? [Re: SmallAlien]
    #4284219 - 06/11/05 05:59 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I defindently noticed a change in my feelings towrds objects and people alike since ive taken shrooms. Like Ryanverge said i feel the same, my girlfriend even says im too affectiontate. which pisses me off..... lol

--------------------

Respect...............

Everything I state is strickly false information.

"I do not take drugs, I am drugs" Salvador Dali

God destroyeth the wisdom of the wise, by the foolishness of preaching, and calleth not the wise, mighty, and noble, but the foolish, weak, and men of no account.

1 Corinthians 1:27

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies