Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePie
Stranger
 User Gallery
Does H. ulmarius need a casing layer?
    #4224260 - 05/26/05 08:33 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Hello Im new. Does anyone know if H. pulmonaris needs a casing layer. Also will it fruit at temps in the 70-80 degree range? I put some that grew through coffee grounds through in the fridge for a week and I have put it in a clear container. Am I messing up with this?

Also please forgive technical ignorance because this is my first "chat room". Don't even know what a PM is.

Edited by augiepie (06/02/05 02:51 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemattymonkey
Feel Like aStranger...
 User Gallery

Re: Deos H. pulmonarius need a casing layer? [Re: Pie]
    #4225544 - 05/27/05 04:44 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

:smile: Welcome. H. pulmonarius, i assume you mean, plearotus pulmonarius? it fruits well on a wide array of materials and does not need a casing layer. If you are fruiting on coffee grinds just put freshly used coffee grinds in a 5 gallon bucket, make sure they are cooled to room temp, and add your spawn. Put a perforated plastic sheet on top and let incubate at 75 for 1-2 weeks.. removing the plastic as needed and misting occasionally. Once it is fully grown out you can remove the plastic all together and mist and they should fruit.. Pretty easy really. hope i helped :smile:

--------------------
"listening for the secret.. searching for the sound.."

OfflinePie
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Deos H. pulmonarius need a casing layer? [Re: mattymonkey]
    #4236801 - 05/30/05 01:46 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Yes I am definatly interested in trading for cultures.  I have an agrocybe? (Black Popler) that is growing well.  However as I said i dont know much about chat rooms.  I have figured out that PM is probably privat message, but is that text messaging service or email?  Do I need to get one of these text messaging programs registered? I looked at your bio and it does not seem to have an email address. :confused:

Also I beleive this species is Hypozygous polmonaris (sp?) but i don't yet have it isolated to trade as i haven't gotten it to fruit.

OfflinePie
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Deos H. pulmonarius need a casing layer? [Re: Pie]
    #4240547 - 05/31/05 03:14 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

sorry thats H. ulmonaris. I need to work on my latin. Humudity here hovers around 80 to 90 percent so I figured I could just go with benign neglect, however I beleive the first place I put them was to sunny. The white apearence seems to have diminshed. I would really like to clone it before burying it in the two tons of wood chips in my yard. Still I have yet to see even a pin from it, and the mycellium itself is way to dirty (aspergilus) to go putting in a dish. Now it is in coffee cans inside a clear rubbermaid box. Guee i will just have to be patient.

Edited by augiepie (06/02/05 07:08 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies