Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Agar, Autoclave

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineblackout
Microwaver
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
My resterilized green mould pasta is colonising well, what next?
    #4225381 - 05/27/05 04:49 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I had pasta which was contaminated by a LC. It was totally covered in green mould. I microwaved it again, just to see if it would kill it this time (I wanted to see how good microwave sterilization is).

It seemed ok after a week. I had some spare LC so injected the bag. There wasn't room to incubate it so it went in a drawer at about 18C. 9 days later I looked at it and it was thick with mycelium, about 1/3 colonised. I have broken it up to mix it around and it is now incubating.

Can toxins transfer to the shrooms.
If the shrooms are toxic I would presume the prints would be ok, and it may be worth growing them just for printing.

I would also presume they would be ok for cloning since the amount taken from a shroom would be tiny

--------------------
support the free spore ring http://fsre.nl/

Edited by blackout (05/27/05 04:57 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedalorean
Loc: AZ
Re: My resterilized green mould pasta is colonising well, what next? [Re: blackout]
    #4225495 - 05/27/05 06:01 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I take it you are a new grower?

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Re: My resterilized green mould pasta is colonising well, what next? [Re: blackout]
    #4225505 - 05/27/05 06:13 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, the toxins would spread. You really don't wanna mess with contams, they can hurt you.
I think to clone or print, it would have to be re-isolated :smirk:

GL

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: My resterilized green mould pasta is colonising well, what next? [Re: dalorean]
    #4225510 - 05/27/05 06:18 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Toxins are absorbed.

Spores might be fine, but i'm not 100% sure, so wait for a 2nd opinion on it..

Never was a fan of pasta....And that meanie greenie is defiently still alive...

It is white before it is green...That's usually why people catch it to late (cleaning it in it's early stages isn't as hard as when its green)

Either scrap it or isolate w/e grow you may have with it.

I keep MG as far away from my house as possiable

-Gnostic

Offlineblackout
Microwaver
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: My resterilized green mould pasta is colonising well, what next? [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #4225527 - 05/27/05 06:35 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

IGnosticAbhorI said:
And that meanie greenie is defiently still alive...

Why are you sure of this? because it is white? I am 99% sure it is myc.
The easy option is to say toss it. Are there any links about shrooms absorbing toxins? Surely wild shrooms are not safe to eat if they could absorb toxins.
Many soak their grain with the intention of letting the endospores germinate, is there not traces of toxins in this grain which could then be absorbed?

--------------------

Invisibledeathbychimney
45th GenerationRoman
Re: My resterilized green mould pasta is colonising well, what next? [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #4225532 - 05/27/05 06:36 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

don't many others (i believe diver is one) say that contams AREN'T transferred to fruits?

it may be counterintuitive, but is there any real evidence (not heresay) that demonstrates otherwise?

--------------------
diarrhea takes over your life

Offlineblackout
Microwaver
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: My resterilized green mould pasta is colonising well, what next? [Re: deathbychimney]
    #4225542 - 05/27/05 06:44 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I have heard a few say it is not transfered. A few said they have eaten from contamed cakes and were fine

--------------------

Invisibledeathbychimney
45th GenerationRoman
    #4225547 - 05/27/05 06:46 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

yep. i don't think anyone, however, has provided any real proof either way, have they?

--------------------

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: My resterilized green mould pasta is colonising well, what next? [Re: deathbychimney]
    #4225570 - 05/27/05 07:37 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

No one i know has given proof.

Quote:

Surely wild shrooms are not safe to eat if they could absorb toxins.
Many soak their grain with the intention of letting the endospores germinate, is there not traces of toxins in this grain which could then be absorbed?

Surely Wild Mushrooms are in better atmospheres than the average person could create...unless it's by a highway lol, but that's not what i'd call "wild"

Endospores Germinate. You kill them at 15psi over the course of about an hour. Then you knock them up w/ whatever.What toxins are YOU talking about?

I've eaten off of bad cakes before, made me sicker than Dirt, I don't care what Anyone says - They absorb Something.

Feeding them different Gases and different types of nutrients effect growth, why wouldn't other bacteria's do the same? (as in bad effects, not good)

-Gnostic

Where's Dog and his "Been up all night cup"? Haha...So fucking tired :grin:

OfflineMiscusi
Upstate Chillin'
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canadas eh? Flag
    #4225574 - 05/27/05 07:45 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Gnostics right, MG = evil. It can make u and everyone in your home sick. Remember its can spread into the air.. and u damn sure dont want it to spread to other palces of ur house or breathe it in

Id surgest just burrying it outside if u want it just for spores, let it go 1-2 flushes out side and then re isolate.

And DONT eat the fruts. Even tho they may look ok dont. I burried 3 cakes b4 with MG, and one time my friend stole fruits off one i told him they were bad, he ate them and they made him sickkk as a dog.

Edited by Miscusi (05/27/05 07:47 AM)

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: My resterilized green mould pasta is colonising well, what next? [Re: Miscusi]
    #4225577 - 05/27/05 07:48 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

^^ Lol.

I like his idea better..

Try and make a clone if you can, use some Agar to isolate :thumbup:

I put them outside all the time and didnt say that haha

5 for you, good thinking....lol :cheers:

-Gnostic

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#4225582 - 05/27/05 07:52 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

The easy option is to say toss it

I don't think you've have Green mold at its worse.

After lots of your casings and cakes are lost because of it, you will understand.

It's not about it being easy, it's about what will give you a better success rate in the future.

Green mold Endures like a Motherfuker...I even created my own thread to find out how many ways to rid of it. Not nearly as many as many ways to get rid of it as every other. Most people say throw it out (big growers) and few said save it.

Putting it outside....I use to do that, Now I have green mold on the ground outside, noticed it when I cut my grass...Killed it with Grasskiller and some other shit...Can't really use that on your casing though can you? :smirk:

Well, do whatever, Ask questions and don't take Heed to the advice :nonono:

Good luck either way

-Gnostic

I think the BEST thing to do. Toss it

2nd best thing, salavge a small piece and put it on Agar and isolate it...

Offlineblackout
Microwaver
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #4225620 - 05/27/05 08:44 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I am heeding the advice, and thank you for the informative replies instead of a simple "toss it" or "you must be a newbie". That is what I meant by the easy option of saying "toss it", just giving an answer with no real information back up.

I wonder if studies have been done to see if shrooms do absorb toxins readily, or if these instances are toxins on the surface, rather than inside the mushroom.

Wild shrooms may be picked from a site which seems ok but could have toxins lurking under the surface. In the wild it is often said the mushrooms develop a tolerance to contams, or can fight them better. I wonder if my mushrooms grown on green mould will develop a "taste" for green mould and maybe a cloned shroom would be better able to cope with a future green mould outbreak. Many report spots of contamination that are overcome by mycelium.

--------------------

Edited by blackout (05/27/05 08:45 AM)

OfflineMiscusi
Upstate Chillin'
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4225624 - 05/27/05 08:48 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

blackout said:
Many report spots of contamination that are overcome by mycelium.

Depedending on the contam, usualy if the mycellium is pretty much fully colonize it has the ability to fight off anything foriegn

--------------------
:hypno: :merkaba: :peace: My Trade List (2-12-16) :peace: :merkaba: :hypno: 

:mushroom2: :syringe: +++ AMU Q&A and TEK LIST +++ :syringe: :mushroom2:
:trippinbawelz:
:nyan: Cult Guide :nyan:
:discorex: :dancingbacon: :carlton:

Offlineblackout
Microwaver
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: My resterilized green mould pasta is colonising well, what next? [Re: Miscusi]
    #4225633 - 05/27/05 08:58 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Miscusi said:
Depedending on the contam, usualy if the mycellium is pretty much fully colonize it has the ability to fight off anything foriegn

but should it be tossed in that case? it is pretty much the same thing, the mycelium is feeding on previously conatminated substrate. If it can absorb toxins like many say, then surely it is not safe to eat even if it was a tiny outbreak

--------------------

Invisibledeathbychimney
45th GenerationRoman
    #4225635 - 05/27/05 08:59 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

i don't understand how if the fruits absorb contaminants that this can be true

--------------------

Offlinegoofy98
Heart of ahustler wrist ofa chemist
 User Gallery

Loc: next door
    #4225644 - 05/27/05 09:12 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

mushrooms in the wild do absorb toxins. Alot of them Concentrate heavy metals like arsenic. SO when they are grown in one place they are delicious edibles but grown in another place they kill you.

Just wanted to get that out

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#4225645 - 05/27/05 09:15 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

blackout said:
I am heeding the advice, and thank you for the informative replies instead of a simple "toss it" or "you must be a newbie". That is what I meant by the easy option of saying "toss it", just giving an answer with no real information back up.

I wonder if studies have been done to see if shrooms do absorb toxins readily, or if these instances are toxins on the surface, rather than inside the mushroom.

Wild shrooms may be picked from a site which seems ok but could have toxins lurking under the surface. In the wild it is often said the mushrooms develop a tolerance to contams, or can fight them better. I wonder if my mushrooms grown on green mould will develop a "taste" for green mould and maybe a cloned shroom would be better able to cope with a future green mould outbreak. Many report spots of contamination that are overcome by mycelium.

I've read some Very old threads and just some threads made by people attempting the same thing...

I did Lots of things with green mold for awhile...

The mycelium in the end, Seemed to acually be able to Hold it off...As for acually Fighting it and utilizing it (colonizing)...Never happened..

Best best held off some brown dusty mold, Green mold -for 3 months.

After that it started getting dry and the myc. began to dry out...

Point being, Never saw it attack the green mold, just hold it off.

As for toxins being absorbed. Green mold IN your substrate as compared to being Next to it...I'd vouch to say that being in it would be worse....

I've read about people saying they ate mushrooms from bad cakes and were fine. After trying it myself, I'd have to call them liars...lol

But I have a feeling that it absorbs them differently than people might think....Can't explain it...But if we were all tripping...It'd be soooo much easier :smirk:

Glad to see you replied to my post the way you did, most people would have let anger taken over :thumbup:

-Gnostic

Offlineblackout
Microwaver
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #4225749 - 05/27/05 10:37 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I am not going to eat them, clone them or print them. Not worth the risk. I have a few grows at the moment with the same strain.

I will try and grow some out invitro which was my original plan, just to see how well the pasta does. They are in a sealed autoclave bag which will not be opened near my house. If they do fruit I may dump it outside in a field and try an outdoor grow just to see what happens.

better safe than sorry,
better sterile than sick!

--------------------

OfflineMiscusi
Upstate Chillin'
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4225751 - 05/27/05 10:39 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Burry it b4 its fruits if your going to burry it.

--------------------
:hypno: :merkaba: :peace: My Trade List (2-12-16) :peace: :merkaba: :hypno: 

:mushroom2: :syringe: +++ AMU Q&A and TEK LIST +++ :syringe: :mushroom2:
:trippinbawelz:
:nyan: Cult Guide :nyan:
:discorex: :dancingbacon: :carlton:

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Agar, Autoclave

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation