Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinespliff_roller
Stranger
And I shall call it...."cloning" (A New Method....perhaps not new, but MY mythod)
    #4224387 - 05/26/05 09:23 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

This method is designed for cultivators using the casing method. Using this method, I have cut weeks off of the time it takes to get a mature mushroom ready to harvest. I do not know if this is well known (probably) but I will share my idea anyway.

Basically, all it entails, is once the mycellium have covered the surface of your conatiner that you are using to case. You remove a small portian of the mycellium mold ( I use 3 pieces 1 inch square)
Well, once you have those, just put them in another case. Once I have mixed the vermiculite and potting soil, and added adequate water, I just toss the pieces in....one in the middle, one on each side. After about a week or 2, the new case should have mycellium growth covering the entire surface, thereby eliminating the inoculation and colonization stage. I have had several harvests like this, and absolutley no contams (KNOCK ON WOOD). Even my first colonization was not ruined, after I took a peek after 10 days and I could not see any mycellium in the jar. I took the lid off. No contams! I think thats my strain at work though (PC Koh Samui Super Strain, from The Hawks Eye).

Peace
spliff_roller

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: And I shall call it...."cloning" (A New Method....perhaps not new, but MY mythod) [Re: spliff_roller]
    #4224413 - 05/26/05 09:34 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Why not just use Agar? Or Lc's? Or use live myc. to spawn? :smirk:

:thumbup:

-Gnostic

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains