Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Media wants more photos of dead Soldiers. [Re: trendal]
    #4222975 - 05/26/05 02:32 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

What's your point, trendal?

FOX NEWS programming is identical no matter which affiliate airs it. The O'Reilly factor is the same in Dubuque as it is in Albuquerque.

I'm not talking about Fox general programming where we get to see The Simpsons and King of the Hill and That 70's Show. I'm talking about FOX NEWS.

By the way, when I visit my family in Ottawa, I watch the Fox station (channel 36) all the time for shows like the above. It's not a Canadian Fox station, it's an American one (upstate New York). They don't show news. That is restricted to their CABLE operation. That's why I have never seen Bill O'Reilly or Hannity and Colmes or Ann Coulter.

Phred

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Media wants more photos of dead Soldiers. [Re: Phred]
    #4223016 - 05/26/05 02:40 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

What's your point, trendal?

You said:

"All the MSM in the US are relentlessly anti-Bush"

I was disagreeing with that, as obviously FOX News is not anti-Bush (more like pro-Bush) but is also a mainstream news-outlet.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: Media wants more photos of dead Soldiers. [Re: Photoguy]
    #4223038 - 05/26/05 02:45 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Photoguy said:
In general, i believe those parents/brothers/sisters want the pictures shown. They want the world to see the cost, see whats actually going on.

I have to do research on this kind of thing for different projects, and actually talk to people who have lost loved ones. I would say 90% say to publish photos even if a loved one is in the photograph.

Er.. I'm curious - how many have you actually spoken with?

Quote:

I believe that this has to do with the whole healing process. They want the world to see the nightmares of war, maybe so it will change the views.

There are plenty of pictures depicting the horrors of war from previous conflicts. They have changed nothing....

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #4223040 - 05/26/05 02:46 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Well whaddya know. I did use the word "all". You were right, I was wrong. My bad.

From here on in I will have to qualify statements of that kind to read "All the MSM with the single exception of FOX News".

Phred

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Media wants more photos of dead Soldiers. [Re: Phred]
    #4223048 - 05/26/05 02:49 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I would have accepted that, yes.

Or, much better, "Most of the MSM are anti-Bush". :wink:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #4223896 - 05/26/05 06:47 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

"Most" is probably a little too soft. It just means more than half. "Almost all" is probably the most accurate.

--------------------

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

Loc: Appearing at a mall near ...
Re: Media wants more photos of dead Soldiers. [Re: SoopaX]
    #4223969 - 05/26/05 07:11 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

SoopaX said:
Why did, and does always, the military vote for the Republican canditate?

Did and does always? By military, do you mean all military personnel or always some military personnel? Care to offer any supporting evidence for your assertion? I am willing to wager that you cannot. I would suspect that going back any appreciable time in history (say back to before WWI), you would find a variance in voting patterns among military personnel that would show that even a majority of them were not always politically disposed to voting Republican. Have you heard of FDR? I know military personnel who voted with the Constitution Party and/or Libertarian Party in the last election and avoided both major parties so I know they don't all support the current regime. You should also keep in mind that soldiers cannot publicly criticize their commander in chief lest they be subject to discipline. This alone would serve to quell the voicing of negative opinions in public.

--------------------
Money doesn't grow on trees, but deficits do grow under Bushes.

You can accept, reject, or examine and test any new idea that comes to you. The wise man chooses the third way.
- Tom Willhite

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinions should I become aware of additional facts, the falsification of information or different perspectives. Articles written by others which I post may not necessarily reflect my opinions in part or in whole, my opinions may be in direct opposition, the topic may be one on which I have yet to formulate an opinion or have doubts about, an article may be posted solely with the intent to stimulate discussion or contemplation.

OfflinePhotoguy
Drunk andJobless

Loc: Drunk in Texas
Re: Media wants more photos of dead Soldiers. [Re: Prosgeopax]
    #4225269 - 05/27/05 01:56 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Sorry about the minority majority remark, although the number is said to be around hovering around 39% right now. My numbers also took into account women as being a minority, which pushed the number to around 57% of the army composed of women, black, hispanic or other.

The military does generally vote for the commander in chief, its in-grained in them.

Im working on my masters in journalism with a concentration on photojournalism. I have a degree in political science and photojournalism--(starting next month thank god)

My background is interviewing people, it is talking to the mothers and fathers, asking them questions. I am honestly telling you they want the photographs to be published. I am currently HEAVILY involved with a newspaper orginization that is in the top 10 most popular/heavily read in the country. I deal with this issue on a daily basis.

Please pull your heads from the sand if you think that the limit of blood and gore today both in the media and the culture is anything less than an sanatization process the u.s. government is successfly doing at this period in our lives.

--------------------
You gotta check yo' self before you wreck yo' self

B, Z, F, Burma, Cambodian, Golden Teacher, Puerto Rico, South American, Costa Rica, African

My name is Ender Wiggen and I will own you soon. Bean is my second in command, he is PC'ing jars right now.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom