Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Petri Dish, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

HOW TO MAKE ANY ORGANISM MAKE DMT/PSILOS
    #4223894 - 05/26/05 08:46 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

http://www.mescaline.com/misc/

this article discusses that one could easily locate and creat the genetic code responsible for makeing enzymes which would produce DMT.

--------------------
all posts made by 4hodmt are entirely ficticious. the user 4hodmt has noa ffiliation with any company, or organization; any endorsements made by 4hodmt are to be considered a joke. any similarity between a person (or story) 4hodmt is talking about is entirely happenstance. 4hodmt is not to be taken seriously under any circumstance. furthermore, he does not know what he is talking about. Please ignore anything 4hodmt has to say.

_______

"Trust me, I'm from the future.

Actually I'm not from the future, but I did lived there for a while."

- Baby Hitler

Edited by 4hodmt (05/28/05 02:39 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

Re: possible easy DMT-producing genetic engineering of yeast [Re: 4hodmt]
    #4223919 - 05/26/05 08:55 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

we should organize a big party here at the shroomery to fund the work needed to analyze, find, produce, and then add these genes to yeasts. then distribut them for free.

--------------------
all posts made by 4hodmt are entirely ficticious. the user 4hodmt has noa ffiliation with any company, or organization; any endorsements made by 4hodmt are to be considered a joke. any similarity between a person (or story) 4hodmt is talking about is entirely happenstance. 4hodmt is not to be taken seriously under any circumstance. furthermore, he does not know what he is talking about. Please ignore anything 4hodmt has to say.

_______

- Baby Hitler

Offlinexburn
V card
    #4223961 - 05/26/05 09:08 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

muchos denero

--------------------
Check out the official MushroomWiki at http://www.mushroomwiki.com. Stop by and contribute.

Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

Re: possible easy DMT-producing genetic engineering of yeast [Re: xburn]
    #4224010 - 05/26/05 09:23 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I'm saying though. it may take like 50 grand, but if everybody from the shroomery pitched in we could get this done, and then distribute it for free to everyone and all their friends.

plus, i'm sure that there's at least a couple ppl on here rich as balls from cultivation that may want a more lucritive way to make stuff.

if it was yeist too u could make some brew, then give a lil to ur friends and grow out. imagine a neverending jar of shrooms.

--------------------

_______

- Baby Hitler

Offlinexburn
V card
    #4224176 - 05/26/05 10:13 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

i dentifying between the DMT yeast and another yeast that may not be so nice would be diffcult since it would just be a cloud. Its a good idea. You can start a paypal dontation thing and people can start donating but what lab is going to do the reasearch. What is the viability of this ever happening. Raising 50 grand is no easy task.

--------------------
Check out the official MushroomWiki at http://www.mushroomwiki.com. Stop by and contribute.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #4224525 - 05/27/05 12:11 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I think you would probably need a couple $Million.

--------------------

Offlinedumbsnake34
Crazy Dude
    #4225002 - 05/27/05 02:18 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I read the article and while everything in it is feasable, when the author discusses finding the genes that cause these conversions, he is a little off. Randomly searching through DNA to find these genes would never work for so many reasons. The problems with this method are that eukariotic gneomes are too big to do a random search on; Once a match was found, it would likely be bringing in other genes with it; There is a reasonable chance that the genes they are looking for wouldn't function in bacteria so they would never be found by his tecniques (many genes require secondary genes to modify the enzyme before it functions or to alter the mRNA, etc...). Anyway, this part of the proces seems weak to me, but the rest of his paper is solid. I wouldn't be willing to fund him, however, because of what I said. There will come a day when we have sequenced many more genomes including those of hallucinagenic mushrooms. When this happens, we will have better moethods to find those genes, but for the time being, we are a little bit away from what he is discussing and his plan would fail in the step I mentioned for the reasons I provided. Even if he was able to miraculously locate the first enzyme, there would still be atleast 2 more to find. Not going to happen by his methods. Other than that though, great paper. Thanks for posting the link and happy shrooming.

--------------------
mmmm, daydreaming

Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

Re: possible easy DMT-producing genetic engineering of yeast [Re: dumbsnake34]
    #4227329 - 05/27/05 06:55 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

well, you would think wrong about this sort of thing costing millions. My high school is adding genes from glowing jellyfish to bacteria, and the equipment needed costs around 4 grand.

It would be rather easy to identify out the yiest with the phenotype (expressed gene) that we want. We would do this by inserting into the plasmid (which is the circular shaped DNA coil with the information on the phenotype) a gene which allows the breakdown of an antibiotic. One produces the plasmids, electrifies them and a culture which you want to get, then as the plasmids (the genes basically) are taken up into the yiests thusly changing thema nd making them able to grow in a medium with the antibiotic that would kill other yeists. You simply move a mass of the transformed yiests onto a agar petri dish with the antibiotic and you hav your stock culture. This is THE tried and true method to producing Genetically modified organisms. There area great many sites online which sell different genetic codings (DNA fragments) for antibiotic resistance traits.

Eventually i am hoping to have a lab,a nd most of the equipment can be bought second hand or fashined itself; which would make this attempt much more feasable.

Furthermore, one could use restrictive enzymes to break down DNA into fragments which could then be inserted itno bacterium and narrowed down untill we found the gene. though we would hav 4 feet of dna to scan, it would become exponential rather fast. There are also indipendant contractors that will analyze your code for you so long as it is not a known virus or pathogen.

One could also looka t the enzymes used for methylation and or 4-hydroxylation and find unique aspects to that particular protein. This could be done because enzymes are folded proteins made up of some 20 amino acids, if you know the sequence ofa few key of these, you can easily figure out the DNA code needed to find that, have an indipendant contractor tell you the exact coding for the protein chain, which would automatically fold intot he appropriate enzyme, and have another contractor design restriction enzymes just for that purpose. then u grow out ur tissue/fungus and extract the DNA, add restriction enzyme, centrifuge out the appropriate RNA/DNA strand and insert that into a plasmid chain and then electrified into the yiest/bacteria.

also, if one wanted, one could increase the amount of times the code appears on the plasmid to make the cell ribosomes produce rediiculous amounts of DMT.

This would work for a great many drugs/molecules/proteins/enxzymes. earlier i was just looking at the biosynthesis of poppy alkaloids.

This should all work rather well. theoretically, that is.

--------------------

_______

- Baby Hitler

Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

#4227332 - 05/27/05 06:57 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

It would all be tedius, but computer/hardware savvy people could create automated robots to do the delicate pipette work/analyzing.

--------------------

_______

- Baby Hitler

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
Re: possible easy DMT-producing genetic engineering of yeast [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #4232982 - 05/29/05 12:13 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:
I think you would probably need a couple $Million.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: possible easy DMT-producing genetic engineering of yeast [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #4233127 - 05/29/05 01:21 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Or $50,000 and 3 PhD's.

--------------------

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
Re: possible easy DMT-producing genetic engineering of yeast [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #4233172 - 05/29/05 01:36 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

yut.... genetic engineering is no cakewalk

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Offlinexburn
V card
Re: possible easy DMT-producing genetic engineering of yeast [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #4234685 - 05/29/05 11:30 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

This has been another episode of "The Twilight Zone"

but seriously is DMT a controlled substance?

--------------------

OfflineStrandedVoyager
The People's Champ
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (202)-456-1414 Call Me
    #4235518 - 05/30/05 04:20 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Yup... schedule one.

--------------------
Hi  :scrambled:

My god... it's full of stars...

OfflineBoneMan
Shrimpin ain't easy
Male

Loc: new new england
Re: possible easy DMT-producing genetic engineering of yeast [Re: StrandedVoyager]
    #4236405 - 05/30/05 01:22 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

wasnt there a guy who claimed to have made orange trees that produced THC in the oranges?

was that for real?

anyway, i hope this idea comes true man

Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

Re: possible easy DMT-producing genetic engineering of yeast [Re: BoneMan]
    #4236983 - 05/30/05 04:31 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Well im going to eventually have a PHD in this field and am definately trying all this out.

It's DDEFINATELYY possible. I just need an apropriate lab.

and it dosnt cost million. I told you guy im swapping organism's genes in my science class. and im a junior in highschool. It really isn't that hard.

--------------------

_______

- Baby Hitler

Offlinexburn
V card
    #4237443 - 05/30/05 06:57 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

ok forget how much it cost to complete the project.

FOcus on how much it will cost to keep you out of jail

--------------------

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #4237785 - 05/30/05 09:00 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

wouldnt it all be legal till he extracted the dmt?

InvisibleTroutmask
Unhijacked!
Loc: Boulder, Colorado
Re: possible easy DMT-producing genetic engineering of yeast [Re: Legoulash]
    #4238252 - 05/30/05 11:53 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

we have a thread regarding a new extraction method for DMT at the Shamans Hut over at www.spiritplants.org

OfflineChuangTzu
starvingphysicist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: possible easy DMT-producing genetic engineering of yeast [Re: Troutmask]
    #4238849 - 05/31/05 04:48 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Troutmask said:
we have a thread regarding a new extraction method for DMT at the Shamans Hut over at www.spiritplants.org

Got a link?

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Petri Dish, San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology