Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineCaptain Loafy McPoopdick
(4 1 2)

Loc: 1 5 1 3 6
Mushroom comparison to Marjiuana
    #3931998 - 03/17/05 06:51 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

I'm not really concerned about comparing them actually. Rather this though, I originally came to this site to learn how to cultivate my own mushrooms. I found out about the message board and started to post. I wanted to start to post and get known for when I have questions I can get answers by a lot and the best. i'm not the least bit popular though, either way i'm sure you would all help. Well, there was a change in my plans, can't really grow anywhere here and I have no money. I haven't done shrooms yet. I'm still learning if I should or shouldn't

Okay, now for the real point of this post. Weed to me is really rough. I get really paranoid, nervous, and well, I gain like a speech impediment while high, hmmm. I know they are completely different, right? Well, if I can't smoke without (I don't know what you would call this) having a bad high, would I be able to trip on mushrooms and have a good trip?
I'm worried I have some kind of serious problems just waiting for a little trip to bring out.

don't know if this made to much sense, pretty much this for me
Weed= not very fun
Mushrooms= ?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineToricious
Theblunt-smokinglense-man.

Re: Mushroom comparison to Marjiuana [Re: Captain Loafy McPoopdick]
    #3932024 - 03/17/05 06:57 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

I was like you with pot, am less and less, it's kind of something you learn, to put your paranoia behind you, it's a great tool for that. Anyways, mushrooms are a tad different, for one you will have a rollercoaster of emotions to steady up. Key is confidence (although some will argue set and setting, I think personal confidence is more important for a good trip). I think everyone should try em at least once, not expecting a "beer" high or a "weed" high (I've heard people reffering to 2 grams like "taking 2 beers" - not doing it justice or whatever, completely effing different.). Acid is easier, cause you have less rollercoasting, but yeah, alone it shouldnt bring on paranoia like weed, but more like increase it if it's there. Remember peter pan, think happy thoughts and you'll fly.

--------------------
"There's a guy in my apple!"

"Jerk off on weed man, that's where it's at... " -Anjaba

OfflineRedNucleus
Causal Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Seahorse Valley
    #3932062 - 03/17/05 07:02 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

Simply, yes. I don't enjoy marijuanica at all. I've sometimes had crazy paranoia like a madman if I smoke. So I don't. But I love shrooms, and I've never been worried one bit. I even get closed-eye visuals of a sea of rotting zombies reaching out toward me, lifeless, unresponsive to my mental questioning. But it's not the least bit unnerving. I still have a grip and know it's just a cool hallucination. If this happened with marijuana, I might get scared, because it automatically generates worry and fear in me.

I'm not saying this will be the case with you. But try it out.

--------------------
Namaste

Edited by RedNukleus (03/17/05 07:08 PM)

(4 1 2)

Re: Mushroom comparison to Marjiuana [Re: Toricious]
    #3932077 - 03/17/05 07:05 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

yeah, confidence makes good sense. I have a lot of confidence at times. I could imagine tripping alone would be wiser for me.

Do you know why being high on weed made me talk like an ass? haha
I talk like "hi, wha a yo doi toda?" now sober "hi, what are you doing today?"

OfflineRedNucleus
Causal Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Seahorse Valley
    #3932088 - 03/17/05 07:07 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

yeah I talk like a wigger if I smoke. I don't know where it comes from! (My shitty white/black trash town)

--------------------
Namaste

(4 1 2)

Re: Mushroom comparison to Marjiuana [Re: RedNucleus]
    #3932101 - 03/17/05 07:09 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

Hey! that sounds a lot like my town

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Loc: California
    #3932583 - 03/17/05 08:40 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

Marijuana is not for everyone.

Every drug effects everyone differently.

If you just can't enjoy marijuana - DON'T DO IT.

However, comparing marijuana to mushrooms is (I'm sure you realize) apples to oranges.

Psychoactives in general just may not be your bag - you won't know until you try 'em all.

Probably, you will be fine with mushrooms.  Many people use mushrooms and not marijuana for similar reasons as yourself.

Also, if you can afford marijuana you can afford to grow mushrooms - I've seen teks for a full grow as low as $50 if not cheaper. :shrug:

--------------------
delta9

Offlinenitroguy
SeiZureS

#4222795 - 05/26/05 01:51 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

If I was you I would try to find an experienced, trustworthy friend for a sitter. I couldn't imagine tripping solo the first time. Mushrooms are nothing like weed and your thoughts can spiral out of control rather quickly. It helps to have someone to remind you that you will be fine in a couple hours or check your pulse for ya.

One time I had to have someone put their hand on my chest for a minute or two because I was convinced that my heartrate was around 300BPM (thats what I get for trying to determine my heartrate while tripping). Turned out it was beating completely normal in every way.

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
Re: Mushroom comparison to Marjiuana [Re: nitroguy]
    #4223319 - 05/26/05 04:04 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i think you should be fine
the first time i got really high
i ended up crawling aroung on a hill hiding from a cop that was never chasing me for like an hour :tripping:
but my first shroom trip was an amazing glowing experiance
totaly elf trip in the forest, i was quite pleased

good luck man :grin:

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #4223377 - 05/26/05 04:20 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I've heard about speech impediments before while on weed.  It might be bringing something out that might be lying dormant within your mind.  You might what to internally look at what fear you might have that is causing this problem.  After all, your paranoia and nervousness is due to fear that resides within you.  I would definitely take a break from using weed for a while and do some internal work.  know why you are afraid or fearful.  I used to have a speech impediment myself, and it all has to deal with some internal fear. Pot tends to bring out innermost feelings, but a lot of people dismiss it as "its just the pot"

now while on mushrooms, as someone said on here before, its like comparing apples to oranges...but they still are fruit.  I would say, try a low dose of mushrooms (like a level one or two trip) and see where it takes you. 

but before you really get into any kind of drugs, do some inner work!  you can learn a lot about yourself and the world around you with psycho actives!  Its a great tool to use, but make sure that the person wielding the tool is prepared!

I'd suggest a couple of books if you like

"the power of now" by eckhart tolle is wonderful and I recommend it to anyone.  after you read this book, the next time you smoke weed, you can see what the weed is actually doing to your awareness.  if you learn to focus on the now, paranoia and nervousness can't rear its ugly head.  With mj, your mind can easily focus on different aspects of your surroundings that you might not have noticed before :wink:

in short, your thinking too much!  use your mind, don't let the mind use you. Thinking too much (especially negative thinking) is like a disease (dis-ease) learn to find that "off" button :wink:

Another book would be "handbook to higher consciousness" by Ken Keyes.  Another short but very helpful book that gives you many clues and hints towards achieving inner peace. 

hope this helps!  :sun:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Invisiblekarode13Facebook
Tāne Mahuta
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LV-426
Re: Mushroom comparison to Marjiuana [Re: kaiowas]
    #4224389 - 05/26/05 09:24 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Hey-
Remember if you don't know where you're getting your weed,it could be laced with anything-who knows where it comes from.Try and source any of your mushies/weed from a reliable friend.I've had weed that had been laced and it has to be the worst buzz-
        -Smoke New Zealand Green!!!- :kodama:

--------------------

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
Re: Mushroom comparison to Marjiuana [Re: karode13]
    #4224402 - 05/26/05 09:30 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Ummmm laced weed?? Although it happens its not common, b/c it ends up costing the dealers more for the other drug.

--------------------
yawn...
SG

Offlinepantsboy
I troll because I care.
Female User Gallery

Loc: 8====D ~o
Re: Mushroom comparison to Marjiuana [Re: notapillow]
    #4224621 - 05/26/05 10:33 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

notapillow said:
i think you should be fine
the first time i got really high
i ended up crawling aroung on a hill hiding from a cop that was never chasing me for like an hour :tripping:
but my first shroom trip was an amazing glowing experiance
totaly elf trip in the forest, i was quite pleased

good luck man :grin:

Do you realize your avatar is an exploding penis?  nice, don't ever change it

--------------------
Acid doesn't hurt when you're on fire. :frown:

"Mushrooms are only similar to penises in their appearance." - LeBron James (2013)

ToiletDuk said:
"Bus squelching is not to be laughed at."

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Re: Mushroom comparison to Marjiuana [Re: pantsboy]
    #4418736 - 07/18/05 11:44 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I am the same way actually.. weed usually makes me kind of 'scared'. not paranoid about "did i leave the microwave open".. but morelike i feel as if im a box of memories as opposed to myself. I think about dying and that crap, getting old, and i feel insignificant. Shrooms are worldly different.
to describe a little what itslike...
this is prolly the closest thing i can think of to relating what shrooms in low doses is like, and it happened last night.
i was in a truck stop with my really good friend thats a girl at 3 am. it was ver ysurreal.. in a truckstop, very weird lighting, weird characters around. Just looking at my beautiful friend from behind the table.. she just "fit" right into the surroundings. everything like fit together (im sure the majority of this was from the weird low level very yellow lighting). anwyay.. it felt like we were in a movie or something.
Thats the best i can describe what low doses of shrooms are like.. its like something is "off" but you cant picture what. everything just seems to fit together beautifully.
weed makes you fucked up by confusing you and covering you with a haze, shrooms mess you up by making things clear (to me.)

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

Offlinefakee
Stranger
Re: Mushroom comparison to Marjiuana [Re: Limelight]
    #4420248 - 07/18/05 06:14 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Ive never had laced weed in my 2 years of weed smoking. Maybee its jus cuz i know the right people..or because it is VERY uncommon for it to be laced with anything. The only thing close was i had weed that was sprayed with lysol..but i dont buy from that person. As for mush..i would say its pretty hard to lace that..what was the point of this thread anyway. To tell us that weed can possibly be laced..thanks bud i didnt know that

Offlinemediman0078
Stilllooking.....

Loc: Here, there, EVERYWHERE
Re: Mushroom comparison to Marjiuana [Re: delta9]
    #4940899 - 11/16/05 09:41 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

delta9 said:

Psychoactives in general just may not be your bag - you won't know until you try 'em all.

Gotta catch 'em all, gotta catch 'em all... DRUGIEMON! Personally i just go for the Shroomazor and the Weedomon, they have the coolest powers, but the Acidophite is a powerful one too.

--------------------
........someday I'll find it.

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #4941381 - 11/16/05 11:45 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Well, comparing the two is like comparing apples and oranges, IMHO. But as suggested, personal confidence is key whilst tripping, or at least a sense of safety.

Be that as it may, I love teh weed. I like the general sense of well-being it gives me.....

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Mushroom comparison to Marjiuana [Re: Le_Canard]
    #4941637 - 11/16/05 01:06 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Marijuana clouds and confuses, Mushrooms open and clarify (and can also confuse).  But they're really so different, opposites in a lot of ways.

Just because Marijuana = bad time doesn't mean mushrooms won't = :sun:

--------------------

Offlinegrphish
the Modern dayPacman

Re: Mushroom comparison to Marjiuana [Re: Noviseer]
    #4942202 - 11/16/05 03:57 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

marijuana rulez

--------------------
BoUnCy BaLL IS All SoUrCe OF LIGhT AnD HaPPiNeSS!!~! *bEEP* *beEP*

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Loc: inside
    #4942858 - 11/16/05 06:14 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

You should try a small amount first to see if you like them, but they are different, just experiment with them for yourself.
I happen to love the weed and mushroom high together, I like both drugs myself seperate too, I only got paranoid on weed the first few times i smoked it..I don't even get paranoid smoking weed at all, in fact the more I smoke the less paranoid I am with no worries..
I love shrooms also, the comeup is somewhat uncomfortable but they are hella fun! :mushroom2: :grin:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom