Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Science and Technology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePhotoguy
Drunk andJobless

Loc: Drunk in Texas
I am "borrowing" someones wireless connections and want to browse, how do i do that?
    #4222057 - 05/26/05 12:40 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Im just talking grey hat stuff here, nothing too serious. I can pull up 4 different unlocked wireless networks in my home and want to see whats up on other peoples computers.

How do I go about doing this?
Thanks

--------------------
You gotta check yo' self before you wreck yo' self

B, Z, F, Burma, Cambodian, Golden Teacher, Puerto Rico, South American, Costa Rica, African

My name is Ender Wiggen and I will own you soon. Bean is my second in command, he is PC'ing jars right now.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
Re: I am "borrowing" someones wireless connections and want to browse, how do i do that? [Re: Photoguy]
    #4222296 - 05/26/05 01:45 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Photoguy said:
Im just talking grey hat stuff here, nothing too serious. I can pull up 4 different unlocked wireless networks in my home and want to see whats up on other peoples computers.

How do I go about doing this?
Thanks

premamble: you've got free internet; isn't that enough?

if they are running XP SP2, chances are that the firewall is on by default and that the file and printer sharing service is not allowed past (even though it's running)

Otherwise, if you are in the same workgroup, you can view other computers shared resources by going to nethood
workgroup names for pre-xp computers were WORKGROUP, XP and above are MSHOME.

The admin share (C$) and IPC (IPC$) will be active but you will need either an exploit for IPC or the admin password to view their hard drive.

btw; this is not hacking... it's fucking lame use of readily avalible knowledge.
don't bother doing it.

--------------------

OfflinePhotoguy
Drunk andJobless

Loc: Drunk in Texas
Re: I am "borrowing" someones wireless connections and want to browse, how do i do that? [Re: blink]
    #4223187 - 05/26/05 05:27 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

gracias

I wont so don't worry.

--------------------
You gotta check yo' self before you wreck yo' self

B, Z, F, Burma, Cambodian, Golden Teacher, Puerto Rico, South American, Costa Rica, African

My name is Ender Wiggen and I will own you soon. Bean is my second in command, he is PC'ing jars right now.

OfflineFungi_x
Original Shroomer
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Michigan Flag
Re: I am "borrowing" someones wireless connections and want to browse, how do i do that? [Re: Photoguy]
    #4223693 - 05/26/05 07:53 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Shadow Security Scanner & LANguard Network Security Scanner

--------------------

HAPPY FUCKING HOLIDAYS!

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: I am "borrowing" someones wireless connections and want to browse, how do i do that? [Re: Fungi_x]
    #4225496 - 05/27/05 06:04 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

i dont see why its not hacking.

it may not be cutting edge or anything, but if he can gain access, more power to him.

i dont recommend stealing their banking information, or anything else that is private, but its always fun to snoop around.

whether its your neighbors computer, or cia.gov, most remote attacks occur due to gaining access to a remote easy to access computer like he is, and browsing around. Then from their, you may find passwords stored locally, find them by sniffing packets, or be able to exploit computers that you were not able to the first time by having a trusted ip address.

i say go for it. and fuck what people think is the easy way. get information any and every way you can, id rather access of remote XP box than dig through someones trash to find information, and get bloody tampon on my clothes.

I guess its all a matter of what you intend on doing though. But remember, payroll is usually done on windows. :wink:

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: I am "borrowing" someones wireless connections and want to browse, how do i do that? [Re: tak]
    #4225499 - 05/27/05 06:09 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

If i were to try, and did not know their workgroup name, not knowing much about windows networking, i would try this.

Set up to use their wireless connection first. Then try some default router ip addresses. I know linksys defaults to 192.168.1.1 and default login is blank username, and "admin" as the password via HTTP.. http://192.168.1.1

most other routers and default logins are available from google.

from there you can view all computers connected to the network, and get their local ip addresses.

from there you can type \\192.168.1.102 or whatever in explorer to get a list of shares on that computer if they are exporting any.

Anything more than that you may need to so some research.

But if your wireless card supports promiscuious mode, you can probably sniff their data with ethereal, and possibly get an admin password. Most people dont have more than 1-2 passwords.

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male Arcade Champion: Plumber

Loc: California
Re: I am "borrowing" someones wireless connections and want to browse, how do i do that? [Re: tak]
    #4226704 - 05/27/05 03:24 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

It's not hacking because HE DIDN'T FIGURE OUT OR DO ANYTHING. This great budding r33t hax0r cannot even use google properly (no offense, I am making an extreme statement to make a point).

This is just really lame cracking. Really lame.

By the way, the accepted definitions;
Jargon File: hacker - compare cracker

--------------------
delta9

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Science and Technology