Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleyousuck
Stranger

I need experienced advice on strains
    #4222028 - 05/26/05 12:31 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Ive been working with cambos for a while now. though these have helped me with the learning curve with their high speed colonization and resistance to contams, the trip hasnt been more than a body high and the normal increased vision @ 7g's.

Ive bought shrooms twice before, the first time i got a full blown trip off of one cap, and the cap was fully open, about the diameter of a cookie. the second time i did 9.5g's and recieved a transcendental experience, but not one i would describe as trippy or psychedelic. my first grow was with amazon which produced a simple body high.

I hear all the time people saying that strains are identical and subjective in trip quality, but i dont believe this as different strains have given me different effects, and not a case of simply being more potent. this is the same with weed, different strains of weed produce different effects. while alot of factors play into this like substrate (ive been using whole grain rice, but am switching to WBS), growing conditions etc... i still do believe different strains hold different qualities. if you've found that different substrates yeild different quality trips within the same strain, please share your observations.

what can you tell me about the trip qualities of different strains? what im looking for is a strain that i known to be mentally trippy, with increased imagination, introversion, insight etc... im also looking for a strain that is known to be visually trippy. ive also heard that the creeper strain is supposed to have a nightmarish quality, can anyone expound upon that?

feel free to be as subjective as you want, thats all im looking for.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSammy
Between the fold

Loc: you'll shoot yer eye out ...
Re: I need experienced advice on strains [Re: yousuck]
    #4222042 - 05/26/05 12:36 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I'd have to say that most people here have a wide variety of opinions on which strain works best for them. Honestly, I believe that no one mushroom print will grow EXACTLY the same under the EXACT conditions as another. So.. why should you expect similar results with your different setup??

I hear some touting that B+ is KING... or Golden Teachers really have something to teach... South Africans are the FASTEST colonizer... etc. I think you should follow what works.

Get a syringe or print and grow it out using grains. Then, spawn to poo or poo/straw. I'd say 95% of the people I hear switching to this meathod report a huge jump in potency AND yield. No matter what strain of mushie.

If you really want MORE potent mushrooms... get a cyans!!

Sam

--------------------

I believe in the Golden Rule ? The Man with the Gold . . . Rules.
- Mr. T

Invisibleyousuck
Stranger

Re: I need experienced advice on strains [Re: Sammy]
    #4222084 - 05/26/05 12:46 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

you missed my point in writing this, im not asking how to get my mushrooms more potent. ok, let me break this down.

what gives every specimen of an organic drug a unique quality is essentialty all the other inactive alkaloids that are present. yes, growing off of poo will yeild more psilocybin, and more psilo will make you higher, but it is those other inactive alkaloids which gives each trip a unique quality. Im not looking for a more potent mushroom, im looking for a unique quality of mushroom.

even if your trip was a level 2, im sure you've had experiences where one level 2 had more or less visuals/body high/mentals than another level 2 of a different strain.

Offlinedivinityinfinity
Hot LittleMuffin

#4222105 - 05/26/05 12:51 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

i think he's asking, and correct me if im wrong, not about potency but about the qualities of different strains

like, which ones will give you better visuals or what ones will give you a better body trip

OfflinePhotoguy
Drunk andJobless

Loc: Drunk in Texas
Re: I need experienced advice on strains [Re: divinityinfinity]
    #4222218 - 05/26/05 01:19 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I hate GT, it did little to nothing compared with others. B+ rocked my life, but not the most insane visuals. Frankly, the cambos i have grown so far are the best for visuals. B+ is the best combination of both body and visual.

I am doing F+, Burma, Z, and Africa right now so in a few weeks i should start reporting back.

Here is my very subjective comparison on different strains all dosed with 2.5 Grams.

Golden Teacher-slow grower for me, although produces many fruit bodies. Most Mellow strain I have taken. Little to no visuals. You have to really want them to be there for anything. Medium body. Short trip, 2-4 hours total. Not my favorite, I wont be growing these again.

Cambodian--Strong fast grower, many small fruit bodies. Very intense visuals very introspective. Strongest visuals I have had so far. Trip lasts about 4-5 hours. Top two strain for me.

B+---Fast colonizer, few LARGE fruits. VERY LARGE fruits. Great all around trip, although the body for me was very very intense. Great calm visuals that are very pleasing to the eyes, but a very strong body buzz that does not stop the entire trip. LONG LASTING. 6 hours of visuals 8 hours of body buzz. So far the best.

Costa Rica--WOW. Very intense deep trip. I could hardly keep my eyes open, the CEV's were the most beautiful I have had. OEV were slight, just mostly color shifts, but the CEV's where a journey through space and time. Trip lasted about 5 hours.

Puerto Rico--Not many fruit bodies, but almost as potent as the Cambodians. My girl loves these, says she sees horses flying every time. Trip is short but good body and visuals. 4 hour trip. A little to fast come up for me though, about 10 minutes.

South American--Very similar to Golden Teacher, although a little more potent. Got better Visuals, lasted about 5 hours. A good all around beginner strain. I get very wobbly legs on this one, but the body is not to intense, just nice smooth visuals. Introspective trip. One of my favorites.

I will be adding to this list as the list grows, so hope this helps.

--------------------
You gotta check yo' self before you wreck yo' self

B, Z, F, Burma, Cambodian, Golden Teacher, Puerto Rico, South American, Costa Rica, African

My name is Ender Wiggen and I will own you soon. Bean is my second in command, he is PC'ing jars right now.

Offlinethenewguy05
The Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

Loc: My Underground Layer
Re: I need experienced advice on strains [Re: divinityinfinity]
    #4222242 - 05/26/05 01:27 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I share your interest in "the effects of the mushrooms". i was trying to find out about my mexican strain an everyone says "a cubie is a cubie", BULL-SHIT! It's all Bulshit. i've found that

african has a nice visual experience. VERY FAST COLONIZER

south americans have a very hard body buzz but no visuals. VERY FAST COLONIZER

mexican has a hard body buzz but no visual(at least to my knowledge...still gotta research this a little more)AVERAGE GROWTH RATE

golden teachers, i've heard they have some good visuals but i have nothing to back this up.i ate 11.5 grams wet yesterday and i felt a slight body buzz and they were grown on horse dung and straw at about a 75% dung to 25% straw. i still have some research to do on this strain (still drying). AVERAGE GROWTH RATE OF ANY OTHER CUBIE

the cambodians are suppose to be the king shit of visuals, i haven't had a successful harvest of those yet (last week of colonization the cake contamed).GOOD COLONIZATION SPEEDS

PESA - Still researching

BURMA - Still resarching

TAZMANIAN - Still researching

Edited by thenewguy05 (05/26/05 01:38 PM)

Invisibleyousuck
Stranger

#4222331 - 05/26/05 01:56 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

yes, you all understand what im trying to say!

since my only identifiable strain experience has been with cambo, i will go in depth about it.

my brother and i had both taken 7g's. my trip strangely enough wasnt really so much of a mental or visual trip as it was a emotional learning tool. though i had taken 2.5g's with an maoi and i got the most amazing visual where if you stare at something for a couple seconds then close your eyes really quick, you can still see the image in all its 3d glory (whether thats an OEV or a CEV im not sure). my brother described his trip as having the normal feeling of being at ease with nature, some introspection, 3 layers of popcorn ceiling turning at 3 different rates on 3 different depth planes.

so id characterize cambo's has being strongly CEV, moderately OEV, mildly introspective, mildly psychedelic and moderately body high.

keep the info coming people, this is great.

Offlinedivinityinfinity
Hot LittleMuffin

#4222505 - 05/26/05 02:38 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

what has anyone heard about Amazonian???

that is, IF MY CAKES EVER PIN MAYBE ILL FIND OUT  :chainsaw:

Offlineharpd
Passing By

#4222731 - 05/26/05 03:31 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Check out the Thai Koh Samui strain. Very nice mix of body buzz and visuals. Interesting mental effects with lots of psychedelic things to think about.

I've found the Colombian and Ecuadorian strains are pretty similar. Very warm feeling to the trip. tracers and color saturations everywhere on higher doses. nice visual trip.

Tampanensis/Philosopher's stones/truffles are a really smooth trip. lots of mental effects, I felt very wise when I ate those. Unfortunately they're probably the worst tasting of any mushrooms I've eaten. Good OEVs at higher doses that are different than any other kind of mushrooms visuals. I watched a wall turn different colors for about 3 hours.

Copelandia/Hawaiian are VERY intense. The visuals remind me of acid hallucinations. seeing things that simply aren't there. intense body buzz too. be sure to have some pot for this trip!

Whichever strain you choose, have fun and be safe!

Peace,
DHarp

--------------------
When you get the blanket thing you can relax because everything you could ever want or be you already have and are.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation