Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBryan_Zoomie420
One with theuniverse

Loc: Vansterdam, Canada
Mimohuasca , b-day trip approaching...
    #4155998 - 05/10/05 01:20 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Well, I'm planning on making a traditional brew of mimosa hostillis and Syrian rue they call it juremahuasca or mimohuasca. I'm probably gonna dose with about 8 grams of the m.hostillis and 4 grams of s.rue.

I've heard of many techniques of preparing the brew, I'm thinking of doing Mimosquero's recipe (Resonance Project) it seems relatively easy and tolerable although all of the alkaloids taste aw full.
anyways if anyone has any suggestions on the process please pm or post it.

Anyways I'm planning on doing this for my b-day on may 26Th, the setting will be my apartment with plants my Buddha statue and music, with meditation before and during. I'm planning on doing it alone I've read many reports talking about the experience getting out of control when bounded by a tripsitter.
if anyone has any music suggestions I'm looking for some good "ancient" sounding beats, otherwise I'm gonna stick with my Tibetan meditation music (loten namling)...

My goal for this trip and this post is to advance my own knowledge of ayahuasca analogs and share that with others, and if anyone has any input/experience please share it here; the net has a lacking of cohesive ayahuasca experiences and research...

Will report back as my research and preparation progresses, I'm also gonna try and do a post the day of...

!DISCLAIMER! Anyone that is thinking of doing the dmt/maoi combo be aware its power-full stuff, tryamine consumption through food before and after a trip can cause a hypertensive crisis, it is also a VERY intense possibly life-altering psychoactive. Do your research and respect the power of this gift of nature...

--------------------
"Be the change you wish to see in the world"
-Ghandi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBryan_Zoomie420
One with theuniverse

Re: Mimohuasca , b-day trip approaching... [Re: Bryan_Zoomie420]
    #4156005 - 05/10/05 01:23 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/ayahuasca/ayahuasca_info1.shtml

mimosquero's recipe is there along with a few others, good for anyone interested in trying a brew of mimosa hostillis...

--------------------
-Ghandi

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
    #4157702 - 05/10/05 01:27 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Just for correct facts :

"tryamine consumption through food before and after a trip can cause a hypertensive crisis"

Propably you mean tyramine and you have already seen the God-awfull-long list of interactions. For the sake of correct knowledge harmine will NOT produce this reaction if for example you ingest a bit of cheese.That doesnt mean you should do it,since i would advice on an extensive fasting before ayahuasca,as well as having some extra potion aside ...Chances are you will vomit and might want to redrink some of the brew. You could also consider evaporating the liquid and take the extact is a solid form.

The advises for MAOI usually reffer to NON SELECTIVE ,IRREVERSIBLE MAOI such as many pharmaceutical ones!!! Harmine and harmaline are selective,reversible ones and thus more safe.More safe does not mean innocent,you can still harm yourself.

I just wanted to inform on this issue,the "tyramine info" is a very good safeguard because people are known to do stupid things (For example one could take Harmine and attend a cheese tasting festival saying "Hey its not an irreversible nonselective MAOI.Chances are he would be in trouble if he eats half a kilo of cheese!)

OfflineBryan_Zoomie420
One with theuniverse

Re: Mimohuasca , b-day trip approaching... [Re: Psiloman]
    #4158080 - 05/10/05 03:17 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for the correction, psiloman do you have any techniques you would recommend for the extractions?

Here is all i know about MAO Inhibitors and Tryptamines, most of this information is from books and the internet (erowid.org - great site)...

Basically "tryptamines" are hallucinogenic substances (DMT being the most famous)found in many plants, and "Mao Inhibitors" refers to ensymes that increase the duration of tryptamine-inspires hallucinations, while decreasing nausea.

Monoamine oxidase (MAO) is the primary inactivation pathway of most tryptamines. That's why inhibitors of the MAO enzyme (MAOIs) can be used to potentiate the effects of tryptamines and to make DMT and 5-MeO-Dmt orally active.

MAO inhibitors fall into two classes: Irreversible and reversible MAOIs. In addition they can inhibit either or both of the two types of the MAO enzyme, MAO-A and MAO-B which are associatedd with serontonergic and dopaminergic neurons respectively. Irreversible MAOIs (e.g. the hydrazides iproniazid and phenelzine)bind permanently to the enzyme and cause MAO inhibition lasting 1-2 weeks after ingestion. They are used clinically to treat depression.

Reversible MAOIs, such as moclobemide, which is used as an antidepressant, and the beta-carbolines harmine and harmaline, are effective for a much shorter time, maybe up to 24 hours. Recreational drug users around the worls are using mainly harmine and harmaline despite the lack of scientific studies on their effects on humans.

Natives of the Amazon have traditonally combined banisteriopsis caapi vine, which contains harmine, harmaline and related beta-carbolines, with DMT-containting plants to make and orally active brew called ayahuasca.

Others plants containing harmine and/or harmaline can be substituded for b.caapi. The usual "North american ayahausca" consists of Pegranum Harmala seeds (syrian rue) and desmanthus illinoensis roots, and in Australian "Acaciahuasca" leaves of acacia complanata are combined with material from DMT-containing acacias (the effectivity of this mixture hasn't been confirmed).

Nausea is minimized in "Pharmahausca" which consists of pure DMT and a reversible MAO-inhibitor such as harmine or moclobemide. When the DMT is in a plant extract taking it with a pure MAO inhibiting substance instead of a plant containing MAOIs usually reduces nausea and other body load significantly. MAOIs have also been used to potentiate the effects of mushrooms containing psilocybin(mushrooms) and even phenethylamines -- the latter combination can be very dangerous.

DPT ingested with MAOIs has been called "Propylhuasca"; DPT is orally active by itself and dosage should be smaller when potentiated by MAOIs.

Peganum Harmala (Syrian Rue)seeds are the most concentrated natural source of harmine and harmaline - about 3% of their weight consists of these alkaloids. banisteriopsis caapi has been found to contain from 0.18% to 1.36% beta-carbolines, with the concentration of harmine being from 0.057% to 0.635% (McKenna al. 1984)

according to anecdotal reports one gram (corresponding to approx. 30mg of harmine/harmaline) of P. harmala seeds ingested inhibits MAO enough to make DMT orally active, while 75mg of moclobemide is sufficient for the same purpose.

Harmine and harmaline are hallucinogenic on their own with doses starting around 300mg (Naranjo 1967), but often cause physical side-effects such as nausea and tremors in this dose range. They have little emotional or "Psychedelic" effects, but produce strong visual hallucinations. Because of this the natives of Amazon often add larger ammounts (75-100cm of stem per dose) of B. caapi to ayahausca brew than is needed for MAO inhibition (Luna 1984). The psychedelic effects of moclobemide at normal antidepressant doses (e.g. 150mg/day) are limited to slight hallucinations of the sense of balance, which is rarely affected by other drugs.

A combination of MAO inhibitor and DMT tends to induce drowsiness. Perhaps this is why natives often smoke tobacco and/or drink caffeine-containing drinks while preparing and tripping on ayahausca. The MAO-B inhibition of nicotine might also be a reason for smoking it, although it is unclear to which extent inhibition of just MAO-B activates or potentiates tryptamines.

There are significant dangers in using MAO inhibitors. Most MAOIs potentiate the cardiovascular effects of tyramine and other monoamines found in foods. Ingestion of aged cheese, beer, wine, pickled herring, chicken liver, yeast, large ammounts of coffee, citrus fruits, canned figs, broad beans, chocolate or cream while MAO is inhibited can cause a hypertensive crisis including a dangerous rise in blood pressure.

The most complete list of foods not to eat that ive compiled anyways is as follows.

MEATS & FISH
Liver of all kinds
Pate
Pickled herring and other pickled fish
Game (venison, etc..)
Caviar
Snails
Salted Fish
Pastrami
Corned beef
Sausages
Boveril

FRUITS & VEGETABLES
Pods of broad beans
English beans
Chinese pea pods
Miso and Miso soup
Fava beans
Overripe Fruit
Raisins and other dried fruits
Pickles of any type
Sauerkraut
Canned figs

DAIRY PRODUCTS
All Cheeses
Frozen yogurt
Sour cream

BEVERAGES
Red wine
Beer and ale
Champagne
Sherry
Brandy
Liquers and fruit brandies
Cognac
Over four servings of caffeine containing drinks

MISCELLANEOUS
Soy sauce
Brewers yeast
Marmite
Licorce
Over an oz of chocolate.

--------------------
-Ghandi

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
    #4158292 - 05/10/05 04:13 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Correct and thourough reseatch there,i think you copypasted some parts of it but you did a very good work at locating them.You are about to get your first 5 mushrooms rating!

Let me make some clarifications though!

"Mao Inhibitors" refers to ensymes that increase the duration of tryptamine-inspires hallucinations, while decreasing nausea."

You got it wrong here,MAO inhibitors are enzymes inhibotrs are not,they are substrates for these enzymes that keep it busy.Most MAO inhibitors exhibit some nausea...However you seem to correct yourself in the next paragraph saying " Monoamine oxidase (MAO) is the primary inactivation pathway of most tryptamines. That's why inhibitors of the MAO enzyme (MAOIs) can be used to potentiate the effects of tryptamines and to make DMT and 5-MeO-Dmt orally active.".

On a side note 5-meo-DMT is orally active,the 5-meo group renders it somewhat resistant to MAO A.This substance though requires great care!

You also say " MAOIs have also been used to potentiate the effects of mushrooms containing psilocybin(mushrooms) and even phenethylamines -- the latter combination can be very dangerous.". Here i would like your attention since two thing need clearing up: MAOIs+Phenethylamines is not a good idea generally but harmaline is known to work wonders with mescaline requiring much less than usuall which is a interesting observation since mescalines threshold dosage is i think 100-150 mg which is alot! The second one is the potentiation issue...Although it is said to potentiate tryptamines bear in mind Ott's words : which can be found here : http://www.maps.org/news-letters/v06n3/06332ott.html

It appears that while MAOis may increase bioavalaibility of tryptamines by occupying the MAO enzyme ,they also increse serotonine levels in the brain which competes for 5HT2a serotonine receptors (psychedelics act on them) with the psychedelic tryptamines.

On extractions....Please for syrian rue follow the Manske extraction...It will save you from drinking a vile potion (remember that im very resistant to bad tastes but syrian rue can be nauseating if you drink it in a lemon juice extract or a vinegar one...) Have a look at this method :

http://www.erowid.org/plants/syrian_rue/syrian_rue_extraction2.shtml

For other plants follow standard extraction!

OfflineBryan_Zoomie420
One with theuniverse

Re: Mimohuasca , b-day trip approaching... [Re: Psiloman]
    #4158627 - 05/10/05 05:45 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks Psiloman, your a very informative being...
i think we have just created one of the more concise ayahuasca analog threads, the shaman spirits would be proud...
I will try that extraction tek, anything to make an alkaloid taste half decent is a good idea in my book...

--------------------
-Ghandi

OfflineBryan_Zoomie420
One with theuniverse

#4220444 - 05/25/05 09:55 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Well it is now t-minus 18 hours to consumption, i am currently in the process of extracting the dmt from the mimosa hostillis (lemon juice tek) and the MAOI from the Syrian rue (lemon juice tek)...

i am now gonna be tripping with a good buddy he went and got himself the mimohuasca ingredients, anyways it shall be an interesting day tomorrow...

I'm gonna try and make a post after consumption, although i may not be cohesive, but none the less i want to try and express whatever happens here at the shroomery...

--------------------
-Ghandi

OfflineBryan_Zoomie420
One with theuniverse

#4221178 - 05/26/05 02:05 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Extractions are complete, got a cup of yellow liquid, and a cup of red liquid...

I'm gonna sleep and then drink the brew...

All you beings of the universe send your positive energy this way...

--------------------
-Ghandi

OfflineKalix
'Head

#4221197 - 05/26/05 02:10 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Positive energy uplink activated, target:Brian_Zoomie420

--------------------

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: The Shotgun of Sweet Reason

Offlinedoobieangel
Proud Stoner
Loc: vansterdam b.c
Re: Mimohuasca , b-day trip approaching... [Re: Kalix]
    #4221419 - 05/26/05 04:00 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Well, i hope all goes well with your b-day trip into the vast universe that is your mind.. :goodluck:

--------------------
Mmmmmm doobies

Offlineryanvergel
qdbpqdbp
Male

Re: Mimohuasca , b-day trip approaching... [Re: doobieangel]
    #4221725 - 05/26/05 08:50 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Good luck, and good trip!

--------------------
So it goes.

OfflineBryan_Zoomie420
One with theuniverse

Re: Mimohuasca , b-day trip approaching... [Re: ryanvergel]
    #4222841 - 05/26/05 02:02 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

syrian rue beverage is down the gullet, and im reducing the mimosa some more, hope everyone out there has a great day...

--------------------
-Ghandi

OfflineBryan_Zoomie420
One with theuniverse

#4223212 - 05/26/05 03:33 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

well, we're trippin...

we have both experienced the purge, and immediately after wards both of us were hit with an intense feeling... for me this was a very color full coming up i ice skated in my mind with a woman who i have never met; while meditating and focusing on my chi i saw myself through my minds eye with an aura pulsating from inside myself... anyways gonna go meditate and experience this beautiful substance some more...

--------------------
-Ghandi

OfflineBryan_Zoomie420
One with theuniverse

#4233700 - 05/29/05 02:48 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

3 days later...
i feel more connected with the universe, the feeling of perceiving the energy around me hasn't left...
mimohuasca has changed my life definitely for the better...

--------------------
-Ghandi

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags