Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineOmEgAx1
Stranger
Existance, a projection of energy
    #4221056 - 05/26/05 02:59 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I came up with a theory last night, it being simple, existance is a mere "holographic projection" of sorts. Im sure this has been discussed before in vauge terms and concepts, but I have a few ideas to put it in real terms.

The first thought is the whole idea of "matter". What is matter really? Think about this, our solar system to start the example...

You have the sun, you have planets, you have debri, asteroids, etc, and in between it all, you have a whole, WHOLE lot of nothing, infact, a rediculas ammount of nothing when you really think about it. Scale it larger, our galaxy, between the stars, you have even larger ammounts of nothing, so much nothing infact, that when 2 galaxies collide, its almost impossible for any solid matter within those galaxies to collide. Scaled even bigger, the universe, between the galaxies, you have yet even more, you guessed it, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

But lets think backwards, scale it down to atoms. You have the particles, protons and neutrons, and electrons waaayyy out there, the distance between seems similar to scale if you think of the nucleus as being the sun of a solar system, and the electrons being asteroids at best. In between the space of the particles? Yet again, nothing! ALOT of nothing infact, and even then within the particles, you have rapidly moving quarks, inbetween them yet again nothingness, and then what makes up the quarks, Im guessing alot of nothing, infact, Im thinking when you get down to the core of it, matter truely is simply made of energy held together in a seemingly "solid" form due to the rules of our dimensions, and the laws of physics such as gravity.

So how much actual "stuff" is there? You could compress ALL the matter in the UNIVERSE into a single point! Yes you didnt hear wrong, its a little something known as the big bang.

What is matter really then? Think about this, if E = MC2... then E/C2 = M! So really, all matter really is, is a lower form of energy! So in all actuality, theres no more substance to you or myself, the computer im typing on, or anything else, than there is to, lets say, a stream of photons ejected from the sun. The only reason anything even HAS substance, atleast that we think, is because we deem it does. We THINK objects have "substance" as opposed to energy, even though the very brain we used to think this has no substance to it. Therefor, if we ever do invent holographic projections that look realistic, they would have just as much substance as the object its projecting, the only difference would be that the projection would be made of a higher level of energy.

Interesting thoughts in my opinion.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineOmEgAx1
Stranger
Re: Existance, a projection of energy [Re: OmEgAx1]
    #4222509 - 05/26/05 02:39 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Anyone else have anything to add to this discussion?

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #4222621 - 05/26/05 02:59 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Well, you said a lot... I don't have the background to scrutinize the details, but I do agree that the general sentiment makes sense. Actually, only up to this point:

The only reason anything even HAS substance, atleast that we think, is because we deem it does.

This is where it gets hazy... it seems you jumped tracks or something there. Just because matter is technically energy (which I agree with, and I find pretty cool in and of itself) doesn't mean that we're projecting the state of reality.

the only difference would be that the projection would be made of a higher level of energy.

I disagree here... you would not have solidity in the projection, simply BECAUSE it's made of a "higher level of energy" (I'd prefer to call it a "lighter density of energy") level of energy.

As a condition of existance, it would adhere to those terms. If you can't pass your hand through a rock (physical object with substance), a holographic image made of intersecting lasers can't hold substance either. If it did, it would cease to BE that higher density. It would be a solid object, at the lower density of physical matter.

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: Existance, a projection of energy [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #4222762 - 05/26/05 03:43 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

In a way, we are like movie projectors with a light and lenses but the film that runs through us just is what it is. The amount of wattage our inner light beams at and what lens we run the film through determines the picture quality.

Some one projecting a low wattage light with a warp/distort lens will see a different movie then someone with high wattage light and a clear lens.

To me, its more like we project our inner light through our own lenses onto energy to create experiences.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineOmEgAx1
Stranger
Re: Existance, a projection of energy [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #4225428 - 05/27/05 05:16 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

This is where it gets hazy... it seems you jumped tracks or something there. Just because matter is technically energy (which I agree with, and I find pretty cool in and of itself) doesn't mean that we're projecting the state of reality.

I was simply trying to state that matter is infact energy, I wasnt trying to say were projecting reality.

Quote:

I disagree here... you would not have solidity in the projection, simply BECAUSE it's made of a "higher level of energy" (I'd prefer to call it a "lighter density of energy") level of energy.

Its not lighter density energy, energy does not have density, unless youre talking about the occurance of energy in a set ammount of space. The only thing that makes an object solid as opposed to not is that the energy in solid matter has organization, 2 atoms by themselves dont have enough substance to them to not allow them to pass through eachother, the only thing keeping them from doing so is electromagnetic forces and such which repel them from passing through eachother.

Think about it like this, you have 2 negative sided magnets, they repel eachother. Same idea with atoms. If it was just the atoms, they could collide without incedent just as two galaxies can, but imagine if 2 galaxies had immense negative magnetic charges on its edge, then the whole galaxy suddenly has the illusion of being "solid" because another galaxy wouldnt be able to pass through it, it would simply be repelled.

OfflineBleaK
paradox
    #4225497 - 05/27/05 06:04 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

OmEgAx1 said:
Anyone else have anything to add to this discussion?

what is thought, what is will ?

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

OfflineOmEgAx1
Stranger
Re: Existance, a projection of energy [Re: BleaK]
    #4226618 - 05/27/05 03:10 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

chemical signals in your brain, you can program a computer to have thought and will, infact scientists are working even now to be able to give a computer conciousness, as in reality its just another sense.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#4229363 - 05/28/05 08:28 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

something about energy, yes
all that about projection, yes
yet where is the viewer?

this is the question which burns in "me".

all of what is - endlessly complex,
what we are - a subset - still not easy to determine,
in a way that is more meaningful than throwing around
terms like chemicals in the brain, or phantasmic cartoon
cosmologies.

some moebius strip of energy creating itself - reflecting upon that - self contained re-creation ad infinitum, maybe, and after self reflection, the next natural stage - "transcendental -what?"

OfflineOmEgAx1
Stranger
Re: Existance, a projection of energy [Re: redgreenvines]
    #4233542 - 05/29/05 03:40 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I know what youre saying, and I agree with you, but I keep most of those sort of thoughts to myself, as discussing it never proves anything, while science can atleast prove SOMETHING.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Scales

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology