Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleveggie

Loc: Flag
A psychonaut gets caught
    #4220134 - 05/25/05 10:44 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

A psychonaut gets caught
May 26, 2005 - guardian.co.uk

Lawrence, not his real name, was one of the 22 British users of research chemicals arrested recently. Here he describes what happened to him:

I was woken by a very loud knock on my front door just before sunrise. I opened the door to be confronted by eight coppers from the local tactical team, ready with a battering ram.

They searched my room ... and found my personal stash of many psychedelic compounds including 2CI, 2CB and 5-meo-DMT, nn-DMT, DPT, 5-meo-DIPT, MDMA [ecstasy], a large bag of dried mushrooms, close to an ounce of weed, and a small amount of very old GHB powder.

They also took my phone, computer and many financial and drug related documents. Then they arrested me on suspicion of importing and possessing class A drugs with intent to supply.

I was held in custody for four hours, gave a "no comment" interview on legal advice, and then bailed to appear a few months later.

When I went back for a police interview, I explained that I was an intelligent, academic student of mind, consciousness and reality, with no previous criminal record who used these compounds for self-inquiry, self-understanding, self-development and self-expression.

I won them over and proved to them that all the substances found were for personal use. They dropped most of the charges, simply leaving eight counts of possession. Last week I went to the magistrates court and walked out with a fine of ?75 for each charge, just ?600.

* Related Story: Dawn raids mark crash of online designer drugs trade

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecb9fl
Senior ChildMolestationExpert
Loc: florida
Re: A psychonaut gets caught [Re: veggie]
    #4220143 - 05/25/05 10:49 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I won them over and proved to them that all the substances found were for personal use. They dropped most of the charges, simply leaving eight counts of possession. Last week I went to the magistrates court and walked out with a fine of ?75 for each charge, just ?600.

Either that story is fake or the UK has something the US doesn't, intelligent police.

--------------------
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide

"Generosity is nothing else than a craze to possess. All which I abandon, all which I give, I enjoy in a higher manner through the fact that I give it away. To give is to enjoy possessively the object which one gives."

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #4220202 - 05/25/05 11:05 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Sweet.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #4220922 - 05/26/05 01:48 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Holy shit, if that happened to me in Florida, I would be facing at LEAST 5-10 years.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #4223718 - 05/26/05 07:58 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

sheesus

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service