Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Aldous Huxley, The Doors

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineInsomniac1
Stranger
Indroduction/questions
    #4219287 - 05/25/05 06:48 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Hey ya'll, I just felt like introducing myself to the community.

My name is Greg. I'm from the Bay Area, California. I'm 18, a senior in high school.
I'm getting a fourth oz ($40) of shrooms this coming weekend, and it will be my first time. I read the FAQs so I feel pretty prepared for it, but I've been wondering a few things.

Will my experience with marijuana help me cope with shrooms? I don't experience panic attacks or anything on weed, and I almost always smoke alone in dark places... so I think the fact that I might trip by myself the first time on shrooms shouldn't be a problem. I think I'll do it during the day, and I'll just be outside with nature, and maybe residential neighborhoods.

I should eat half of what I'm getting, right? 1/8th? This means I'll have some leftovers to stash, which begs the question: How long can dried shrooms stay good/how do I store them?

One last thing, I don't really care about it much but what are the damaging effects of this drug and is it possible to smoke it? Would I get a better high? Would it be extremely bad for my lungs?

Is there a guide with pictures of all the known hallucinogenic mushrooms? These things interest me, I like to become an expert in each drug I've tried...

Thanks in advance,
Insom

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineummikko
sika joka eilenn? on pelkk?sika

Loc: Finland
Re: Indroduction/questions [Re: Insomniac1]
    #4219335 - 05/25/05 06:59 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

First: Welcome!

Your experience with MJ might help you a wee bit.

You should store your dry shrooms in a cold, dark, dry place.

Heat breaks up pcilocybin so smoking is not an option.

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #4219368 - 05/25/05 07:08 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

first. or second. welcome!

third. don't smoke them. it won't work. http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/24355

fourthly, 1/8th might be a bit of a strong dose for your first-time. if you do take that much, try to have a friend around to help you through things.

fifthly, in my opinion they have no damaging effects. http://www.shroomery.org/wiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LongTermEffects

sixthly, http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/3380 and http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_images.shtml

g'night!

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: Indroduction/questions [Re: ummikko]
    #4219401 - 05/25/05 07:14 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

What he said

I am a regular pot smoker, and I find that toking up before the onset of a mushroom or acid trip really mellows me out and puts me in the mood for what's to come. It's also my completely subjective opinion that pot helps "kick it in", so to speak. The same for coming down.

There are no known damaging effects of shrooms, aside from the mild nausea associated with its use. Mushrooms will not kill you in moderation. Tylenol could. Make you feel better?

And yeah, smoking shrooms is a waste of shrooms. Like he said store them in a cool, dark place. Make sure they are completely dried out and sealed in a plastic bag before storing or they will rot.

--------------------

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa
 User Gallery

#4219549 - 05/25/05 07:52 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Smoke a bowl as you start to feel it in your stomach helps keep you cozy and cumfy and helps you shift your perception smoothly.

If you feel uncomfortable go for a walk and explore nature and juct chill in some bushes. Sometimes people get to intence and i can feel their posetive or negative energies.

my voyages arnt for fun but more for insight into what makes my brain work. For your first time you should aproach it in the same manor. Hell every time you should. Even if you may not be realigious or spiritual take them as if you are.

oh and respect

welcome home!

--------------------

OfflineInsomniac1
Stranger
Re: Indroduction/questions [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #4219780 - 05/25/05 08:54 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Cool, thanks. I thought smoking with the shrooms my first time might be too intense, maybe I'll just have a little smoke.
I might eat a little less than an 8th, now that I think about it. But I heard it's best to just dive in.

How cold? Below room temp?
I don't have a decent place to hide it that will stay cold for sure, would a thermos or something I might find in the house resist heating and keep it cool?

I think on monday, since it's a holiday or something and my parents usually don't know if we have school those days, I will pretend I'm going, and just pack my bag with stoner toys and head for a forest-y park or cemetery (doesn't creep me out at all... normally I find it relaxing), eat up some shrooms and start flying... I'll be alone, most likely. If I wander residential neighborhoods what are the chances I'll get lost or hit by a car I thought was a dog?

Thanks again.

Offlineummikko
sika joka eilenn? on pelkk?sika

Loc: Finland
    #4221579 - 05/26/05 08:45 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Insomniac1 said:
If I wander residential neighborhoods what are the chances I'll get lost or hit by a car I thought was a dog?

Lost - maybe, hit by car - unlikely. Shrooms are psychedelic, not deliriants (like datura). They will alter and twist your perception of the world, but not replace it with something completely different. Not for me at least.

--------------------
"All substances are poisons; there is none which is not a poison. The right dose differentiates a poison and a remedy." -Paracelsius

OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #4221600 - 05/26/05 09:23 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Welcome to The Shroomery, where the doors of perception are always open for business.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: Dennis & The Times - Flight Patterns

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Aldous Huxley, The Doors

Community >> The Pub