Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Propolis

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
pink oyster questions
    #4218974 - 05/25/05 05:31 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i jus inoculated some pf style cakes with pink oyster culture ordered from sporeworks. im incubating at 8 or so degrees farenheit. once colonized how do i fruit? expose to light 12/12 and fresh umid air like cubensis? or am i wrong? any help is greatly appreciated. this si my first attempt at growing edibles i hope i have some success.

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa
 User Gallery

Re: pink oyster questions [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #4219222 - 05/25/05 06:33 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

They are a tropical heat loving mushroom that like lots of air and high humidity.

--------------------

OfflineSpores_101
Mycologist

Re: pink oyster questions [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #4232713 - 05/29/05 09:50 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Lordofhteshroomz -
You may find incubating your culture to be fairly easy and that when it does successfully colinize you will be anxious to fruit those bad boys. Let me warn you however, depending on the depth of your substrate some pink oysters may turn out like this:

So you might asume that you would need a larger substrate mass to yield a healthier crop, then you try some blue-oysters in a pint glass:

Not quite enough still. Perhaps some bee pollen and activated yeast added to the PF mix and a quart jar will cartainly work better:

I would use your colinized cakes as spawn and add it to some prepared wheat straw or hardwood shavings. Cram the mix into one of those nifty autoclavable bags and you will have better luck.
:thumbup:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Propolis

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms