Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleFoci
me?
Loc: north pole
help! my cat was licking my cake!!
    #4214860 - 05/24/05 03:46 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

hey guys,

today i was getting my fruiting chamber all set up. so i leave the room to go search the kitchen for some plastic wrap and when i get back my cat is freakin licking my cake. now two questions

is this poisonous to him?  :confused:

and question number two. is my cake still ok or do i need to start over? I cut the side that i caught him licking and tossed it.  :mad:

+5 rating to all who help with my Q's  :smile: :mushroom2:

--------------------
Market=zero rating due to tahoe not helping with thispost. He posted he wanted 5 shrooms. thats it... and since he didnt help and i didn't give him a rating. he gave me bad ratings... rock on. great shroomer.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKalix
'Head

Re: help! my cat was licking my cake!! [Re: Foci]
    #4214976 - 05/24/05 04:10 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Just watch real close for signs of contams.. I wouldn't have even cut the cake, unless I saw contams. I dunno how many live bacteria would be in your cats mouth.. And it wouldn't be poisonous for the lil' guy, though it might be uncomfortable for him, if he swallowed some verm.

--------------------

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: The Shotgun of Sweet Reason

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
Re: help! my cat was licking my cake!! [Re: Kalix]
    #4217839 - 05/25/05 09:13 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

cats have one of the dirtiest mouths next to us humans, so yeah there could possibly be some contams from it. fully colonized myc can with stand some contams. keep a close eye on it. bacterial contam will be hard to see. if the myc starts looking funky in any way pitch it.

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Re: help! my cat was licking my cake!! [Re: Foci]
    #4217857 - 05/25/05 09:23 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Well, it's been decided (here locally) that mamals do trip seeing as psilo. inhibits the same receptors.
:lol: but he would first have to ingest a chunk or something. Though It wouldn't hurt him, yeah, it's probably not good for the colony :grin:
Do a little search on bacterias in the mouths of cats, see what comes up.

:peace:

Hey NY! I grew up in Buffalo  :sun:

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

Edited by LouiseLouise (05/25/05 09:25 AM)

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
Re: help! my cat was licking my cake!! [Re: backupwards]
    #4217866 - 05/25/05 09:28 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

youre looking at some aggressive bacillius and worse
staphylococcus, pastuerella (cat uses this to kill birds)
Bartonella is probably the worst. it is very effective at sickening humans. causing lymphoma/leukemia type symptoms.
not so bad if your cat licks you. but if it bites you and the bacteria is allowed to cultivate. then you get "cat scratch fever"
now, bacillius is common in mushroom cultures. you would know it as 'wet spot' but staphylococcus aureas (yellow staph)
is very closely related, and has been known to cause food poisoning.
it stands to reason it could grow to toxic levels on cakes.
but seriously. weve got it all over us all the time. and myc has its own defense.
in conclusion youre probably OK.
but if the shrooms make you sick, you know why

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
Re: help! my cat was licking my cake!! [Re: Mitchnast]
    #4217876 - 05/25/05 09:30 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

oh, also, cat staph generally isnt the antibiotic resistant kind as it hasnt been treated with penicillian for decades.
chances are ou have worse bacteria for humans growing benignly on your own human body

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
Re: help! my cat was licking my cake!! [Re: LouiseLouise]
    #4218334 - 05/25/05 12:08 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

LouiseLouise said
Hey NY! I grew up in Buffalo

OfflineEnCHaNTeDHoBBiT
Drug Connoisseur

Loc: Crawling on The Forest Fl...
Re: help! my cat was licking my cake!! [Re: backupwards]
    #4223069 - 05/26/05 02:56 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

You sure you didn't mix in any tuna into your substrate. That's insane! :rotfl:

Offlineiateshaggy
i haxor 360s
Male User Gallery

Loc: 612 Warf Avenue, next to....
Re: help! my cat was licking my cake!! [Re: EnCHaNTeDHoBBiT]
    #4226012 - 05/27/05 10:18 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

good news, animals have stronger immune systems than people b/c the are exposed to more elements. they also have a much simpler diet which also reduces the bac. in their mouth. more good news... in my last batch i had some greenish mold but it was small and isolated. i cut it out and from the hole grew the biggest shroom in the batch. i don't know if the bac. fertilzed the area or if the myc. that was on the inside of the cake was just better but damb it was a good trip and noone got sick... well.... not for more than a second anyway.

--------------------
You are a filipina sex goddess who wants to fuck me until I fall asleep, so then you can tickle my balls and see if the legend of my diamond filled nutsuck is true.  I am a white man from costa rica, who smells like lime jello.

I can flash/jtag/repair 360's, pm for details.

Offlineiateshaggy
i haxor 360s
Male User Gallery

Loc: 612 Warf Avenue, next to....
Re: help! my cat was licking my cake!! [Re: iateshaggy]
    #4226019 - 05/27/05 10:21 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

p.s. i fed a cat acid once. he loved it. the world was his toy. i'm not saying to trip your pets, just they will be fine. my neighbors dog ate some shrooms too. we like to get high, why shouldn't they?

--------------------
You are a filipina sex goddess who wants to fuck me until I fall asleep, so then you can tickle my balls and see if the legend of my diamond filled nutsuck is true.  I am a white man from costa rica, who smells like lime jello.

I can flash/jtag/repair 360's, pm for details.

Offlinedivinityinfinity
Hot LittleMuffin

Re: help! my cat was licking my cake!! [Re: iateshaggy]
    #4234529 - 05/29/05 08:34 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

iateshaggy said:
p.s. i fed a cat acid once. he loved it. the world was his toy. i'm not saying to trip your pets, just they will be fine. my neighbors dog ate some shrooms too. we like to get high, why shouldn't they?

i swear to god i want to reach across the time space continum and slap you in the head before you ever did that, asshat

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate