Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinematchbook
Photographer

Loc: Washington
--Cakes showing no growth after nearly 2 weeks! Help appreciated-- *PICTURES*
    #4213237 - 05/24/05 05:31 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I inoculated with Equador Cubensis nearly 2 weeks ago. I used plenty of spores in each jar. I had tape on it at first, but then took the tape off 5 days ago. Still no growth. I can't tell if there is any white fuzz or not. Not enough to actually notice, so I'd say essentially no growth. No contamination either. What could be slowing it down, and will it grow at all? I'm wondering if it simply isn't wet enough in there, or if I didn't pack the vermiculate/rice combo in there enough (I now see that there are gaps in some of the jars from not packing it in at all). But in any case, I still would imagine SOMEthing should be growing.

Is there anything I can do to shock it into growth, or to help with colonization? Perhaps open it up and spray some clean water in there? I have no idea what else to do.

Thanks for your help.

(Edit: Sorry right after this I just realized someone else posted a nearly identical thread! Oh well, I could still use some help. Also, if nothing happens in 2 weeks, does that pretty much mean nothing will?)

(ANOTHER Edit: Picture, possible mycelium growth? White at bottom is mostly reflection though.

Edited by matchbook (05/25/05 05:08 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecloudcity
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: --Cakes showing no growth after nearly 2 weeks! Help appreciated-- [Re: matchbook]
    #4213299 - 05/24/05 07:18 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

search for the thread entitled 'slow' i started that on a similar note... ('bout 2 days old so just go through the pages...)

are you using an incubator? could be too cold-- keep 'em warm

no need to pack the substrate in- nice and airy is good

go through your procedure, retrace ya steps, re-read the teks

do another batch

float downriver

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
Re: --Cakes showing no growth after nearly 2 weeks! Help appreciated-- [Re: cloudcity]
    #4213550 - 05/24/05 09:28 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

yeah :thumbup:

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: --Cakes showing no growth after nearly 2 weeks! Help appreciated-- [Re: matchbook]
    #4213700 - 05/24/05 10:37 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Allot of things can cause this.

low temp.
you inoculated while the jars were still hot.
your spore syringe was bunk.
a contam you cant see.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Offlinematchbook
Photographer

Re: --Cakes showing no growth after nearly 2 weeks! Help appreciated-- [Re: Psychoslut]
    #4214941 - 05/24/05 04:04 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for the responses. I was a little apprehensive about posting my problem, because I figure these kinds of posts come along quite often. But I didn't know what to search for, so I thought I'd post anyway.

The temp is about 70 degrees fairly consistently. I'm not using an incubator, but it stays steady at about 70. I keep them in the corner of my clean, open closet, where it is fairly dark. I inonculated when they were fairly cool, but if they were too warm does that mean they are not going to work? The spores I received I have confidence in. When I inspect them close up now I seem to think that I see a trace of fuzzing in the some of the jars. Like on some of the pieces of vermiculate it looks like there is an almost gooey, whitish fuzz, but so faint that I can't even tell. I'll post a pic soon I think. That way it will give a better idea.

--------------------

OfflineMych
Stranger

#4214958 - 05/24/05 04:07 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

dude im like 3 weeks in with NO signs of growth on my PF cakes and they have been in an ~80deg incubator the entire time

Offlinecloudcity
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: --Cakes showing no growth after nearly 2 weeks! Help appreciated-- [Re: Mych]
    #4216525 - 05/24/05 10:01 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I wouldnt be surprised if the no.1 problem here is that you inoculated while the jars were 'fairly cool'

seems a good idea to let the jars cool overnight- 7hours minimum

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: --Cakes showing no growth after nearly 2 weeks! Help appreciated-- [Re: cloudcity]
    #4216542 - 05/24/05 10:08 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Germination can take up to 9 days, sometimes longer

-Gnostic

OfflineMych
Stranger

#4216799 - 05/24/05 11:32 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

cloudcity said:
I wouldnt be surprised if the no.1 problem here is that you inoculated while the jars were 'fairly cool'

seems a good idea to let the jars cool overnight- 7hours minimum

dude my jars sat for 24 hours after i pressure cooked them before innocing

Offlinematchbook
Photographer

Re: --Cakes showing no growth after nearly 2 weeks! Help appreciated-- [Re: Mych]
    #4217489 - 05/25/05 05:15 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Ok I just bought a fish tank heater and turned it to 80 degrees, because I think that the temp should be higher than it has been (70 degrees). I'm looking at the jars and I can seem to make out some fairly fuzzy whitish stuff. I just posted a picture in my original post, anyone think there is hope? That's the 2 week period almost.

--------------------

OfflineDeadmaker
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#4217608 - 05/25/05 07:06 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I think I s ee some germination there. It's hard to tell though.

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
Re: --Cakes showing no growth after nearly 2 weeks! Help appreciated-- [Re: Deadmaker]
    #4217641 - 05/25/05 07:33 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

yeah man you need to get the temps up to around 84-86 for prime growth. 70 would work ok for spawned h poo, but for those cakes it needs to be higher.
just curious as to your mixture, how much verm, brf, water did you mix per jar? from your pic it mostly looks like verm.
with your temps up i hope you see some growth.
peace

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Loc: Nowhere
Re: --Cakes showing no growth after nearly 2 weeks! Help appreciated-- [Re: backupwards]
    #4217650 - 05/25/05 07:41 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Is this what you are talking about:

or is that the refelection of the flash? That looks like it could be mycelium. But 2 weeks is pushing it. Usually I see germination in about a week. I think your incubation temps were too low if you had them at around 70. They should be between 82-86.

--------------------
I got a buddy with United Fruit, get ya started...

Trade List

OfflineMych
Stranger

Re: --Cakes showing no growth after nearly 2 weeks! Help appreciated-- [Re: Mighty Bop]
    #4217663 - 05/25/05 07:48 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Mighty Bop said:
Is this what you are talking about:

or is that the refelection of the flash? That looks like it could be mycelium. But 2 weeks is pushing it. Usually I see germination in about a week. I think your incubation temps were too low if you had them at around 70. They should be between 82-86.

how can you not tell if its from the flash? is it there when you look at it or not? wtf

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Loc: Nowhere
    #4217668 - 05/25/05 07:50 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

LOL that's true, what am I thinking?

--------------------
I got a buddy with United Fruit, get ya started...

Trade List

OfflineMych
Stranger

Re: --Cakes showing no growth after nearly 2 weeks! Help appreciated-- [Re: Mighty Bop]
    #4217898 - 05/25/05 09:39 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

wait.. thats not YOUR pic.. lol nm

Offlinematchbook
Photographer

#4219100 - 05/25/05 04:04 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

The bottom part of the jar is just the flash reflection. I'm talking about above, where there seems to be a whitish fuzz growing on some of the vermiculate. I think I used the right amount of rice flour though. It may look like less because I used a thicker vermiculate. But I followed the instructions. 140ml vermiculate to 40ml rice flour in each jar.

Anyway, I just wanted to know if there is hope now for my jars. I think when you open the pic up large, you can see some possible growth, but I wouldn't be the one to know. Besides, I just bought a fish tank heater (is that ok to use outside of water? It said no, but oh well), and I turned it up to about 80.

--------------------

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
    #4219108 - 05/25/05 04:06 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

dont use it out of water

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: --Cakes showing no growth after nearly 2 weeks! Help appreciated-- [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #4219121 - 05/25/05 04:08 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

>(is that ok to use outside of water? It said no, but oh well)

I mean the directions say one thing, but oh well, they probably dont know what theyre talking about. I mean they only made the thing.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinematchbook
Photographer

Re: --Cakes showing no growth after nearly 2 weeks! Help appreciated-- [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4219139 - 05/25/05 04:13 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Meh, I'll take my chances. It's been out for about 14 hours now, and it seems to be fine. I'm just going to revolve the jars next to the heater every few hours.

But anyway that's not what I'm too concerned about, really. I just am dying to know if that is mycelium or not. If it is, then I actually have a grain of hope.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate