Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Swami vs. the Probation Officer [Re: Icelander]
    #4227592 - 05/27/05 05:59 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

As an aside, the forum administrator admitted that I didn't "bash" anyone, but instead "irritated" them. (BTW, does this sound familiar to the banning fiasco last Christmas here?)

Hmm, let's compare:

MM proponent temporarily irritates someone

MM prohibtionist takes away one's money, freedom, property, livelihood, family...

Yup! I am the "bad guy" once again. How dare I ruffle their feathers in a vein attempt to get people to use their intelligence and think rather than parrot.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

Re: Swami vs. the Probation Officer [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #4227619 - 05/27/05 06:04 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Not only that, but drug arrests and white collar criminals often have some very valuable assets that can be seized, too! why, it's a win all-around!

Also delusion that the police are actually out to save lives can easily be dispelled by taking a look at their idea of making the roads safer. Hiding along the road to write tickets does nothing to stop speeding, nor are they able to write tickets to those who TRULY are unsafe drivers; ie, failure to yield, tailgating, swerving. The truly dangerous traffic practices are ignored because it costs money (gas) to witness them, and the amount of money brought in to the precinct is less than simply setting up a speed trap somewhere and waiting.

--------------------
i finally got around to making a sig
revel in its glory and quake in fear at its might
grar.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Swami vs. the Probation Officer [Re: Mushmonkey]
    #4229409 - 05/28/05 07:43 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

"Hiding along the road to write tickets does nothing to stop speeding"

I worked in the field of public safety for 15 years. My job included enforcing OSHA safety regulations, Firefighter, Hazmat, and EMT, as well as enforcing various other public safety regulations. I have been the route of trying to hide to catch violators, at my employer's request. I found that it did nothing but rack up violations. It discouraged no one from committing the violations. I finally saw that the proper way to enforce these regulations was to be a visible, friendly, presence. My goal became to keep people from going out of compliance in the first place. Why bust people when you can prevent the violations altogether by being friendly, helpful, and courteous. Of course, enforcing laws that are wantonly oppressive requires sneakiness and force. Oppression requires one resort to such measures because people are naturally inclined towards freedom.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder