Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMy Third Eye
old hand

Folding@home Statistics
grape fruit
    #421636 - 10/11/01 04:02 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

this is kind of off topic but not really.i read an article in the paper yesterday concerning grapefruit and drugs..it said that doctors are telling there patients that they can have oranges while on medication but not grapefruit because it enhances absorbtion and could bring the drugs they are on to dangerous levels...my question is has anybody ever ate grapefruit with there mushrooms..and if you have did notice any difference in the potency of the trip??..im gonna test this theory soon..peace

I embrace my desire to
feel the rhythm, to feel connected
enough to step aside and weep like a widow
to feel inspired, to fathom the power,
to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain,

--------------------
suddenly a flaming stealth banana split the sky
like one would hope but never really expect
to see in a place like this.
Cutting right angle donuts on a dime
and stopping right at my Birkenstocks,
and me yelping...Holy fucking shit!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefahque
Stranger
Re: grape fruit [Re: My Third Eye]
    #421804 - 10/11/01 09:43 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Never heard of this. Just the thought of the grapefruit and the good fruit dancin' around in my gullet makes me feel sick. If you want to enhance the groove, don't eat for 12 hrs., sleep for at least 4 hrs., then eat two more grams then you were gonna. I'll bet if you put the grapefruit juice in your eye while your trippin' you'll know what your stomach would have felt like. Peace-FU

OfflineBeppoMarx
old hand
    #421844 - 10/11/01 10:27 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

yes i have heard that also. not sure of the exact URL but i did find that on www.erowid.com a while back. the article i speak of was actually in contrast to people taking orange juice to enhance the trip and that most people say that it is the vitamin C that boosts it. it said that the vitamin C only slightly enhances your eyesight and is not very effective even at giving better visuals. last 3.5 grams i took (unsure of the strain, this was an eighth i got before i started growing) i had a whole canister of concentrated orange juice in a large cup with about 1:1 concentrated orange huice to water; very strong but then again i love O.J. not sure how much it helped but i tripped my balls off :). but back to the grapefruit, there is supposedly a chemical that does increase the absorbtion rate of psilocin, rendering the otherwise (mostly) wasted psilocin from the shrooms useful. normally the majority of teh trip comes from your body breaking doen psilocybin to psilocin and that is teh active part. most of the shrooms original psilocis is generally absorbed into the liver within an hour or so. again i have no official documentation of that but i remember what i read.

--------------------
Holy shit people; COMMON SENSE! we were all born with it where did it go?
maybe theres a tek out there to explain how to use it!
BUCKETS BRIGADE left hand man!!!

Offlineshellacct
addict

Loc: BAD DOG!
Re: grape fruit [Re: fahque]
    #421879 - 10/11/01 11:08 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

i like fahque's technique for harder trips better.... grapefruit can be nasty!

"Trying is the first step towards failure" -Homer J. Simpson

In the above, Any and all references to reality are entirely fictional.

Just because you are paranoid, don't mean they're not after you...

--------------------
"Trying is the first step towards failure" -Homer J. Simpson

In the above, Any and all references to reality are entirely fictional.

InvisibleMeltingPenguin
Pooh-Bah

Loc: new england
    #421903 - 10/11/01 11:36 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I thought eveyone knew about this. Remeber in "Where the buffalo roam" and "fear and loathing in las vegas" Hunter was always eating, and or ordering grape friuts. he knew what was up. He even drank nips out of grape fruits.

DISCO BISCUITS!!!
www.discobiscuits.com

--------------------
Growing anything is good for the soul

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains