Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Jimi Hendrix

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
The Fe Fi Four Plus 2 - "I Wanna Come Back (From The World Of LSD)" (mp3)
    #4215608 - 05/24/05 08:14 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

This is one of my favorite garage tunes.  It's a good, rocking song and it's about an interesting subject.  It's an anti-LSD song, but I like those just about as much as the ones that are all for it, only for different reasons.  The title says it all.  It's about a guy who freaks out on LSD and wants to be sober again.  Here's what Borderline Books has to say about it............

Quote:

Fe-Fi Four Plus 2

Personnel:
DANNY HOULIHAN vcls A
ERNIE GONZE bs A
EDDIE JAMES gtr A
MIKE LAYDEN ld gtr A
EDDIE ROYBAL drms A
VIC ROYBAL organ A

45s:
1 I Wanna Come Back (From The World Of LSD)/Double Crossin' Girl (Lance 101) 1967
2 Mr Sweet Stuff/Pick Up Your Head (Odex DR 1042) 196?

Wow, what a name! This was perhaps the best acid punk outfit to record out of New Mexico. Danny Houlihan wrote I Wanna Come Back. The band have been well represented on retrospective compilations and more recently, I Wanna Come Back... has been covered by the likes of the Undertakers (1985 LP The Greatest Stories Ever Told), Nik Turner's Inner City Unit and the Mad Violets (1986 LP World Of...).

Dick Stewart, who ran Lance Records as well as being the main-man behind King Richard and The Knights has recently confirmed that Tom Bee was not a member of this band.

Compilation appearances have included: Double Crossin' Girl and I Wanna Come Back (From The World Of LSD) on New Mexico Punk From The Sixties (LP), Sixties Archive Vol. 4 (CD) and I Wanna Come Back From The World Of LSD (CD); I Wanna Come Back (From The World Of LSD) on Pebbles Vol. 5 (CD), Pebbles Box (5-LP), Trash Box (5-CD), Pebbles, Vol. 5 (LP) and Great Pebbles (CD); Mr. Sweet Stuff on A Journey To Tyme, Vol. 2 (LP); Double Crossin' Girl on Boulders, Vol. 10 (LP); and Pick Up Your Head on Everywhere Chainsaw Sound (LP).

(Max Waller/Mike Dugo)

Check out the manic howls by the singer before and during the guitar break as well at the end of the song.  Also, this song has one of my favorite lines from a song ever.  The third verse starts out with "My throat's getting dry, and the things I SEE are LOUD." :lol: I don't know, maybe it's just me.  Listen and discuss.............

The Fe Fi Four Plus 2 - "I Wanna Come Back (From The World Of LSD)"
2.68mb / 2:20

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: Park Avenue Playground - The Trip

Edited by Learyfan (05/24/05 08:15 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLearyfan
Male User Gallery

Re: The Fe Fi Four Plus 2 - "I Wanna Come Back (From The World Of LSD)" (mp3) [Re: Learyfan]
    #4216666 - 05/25/05 12:47 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Check out this interview snippit from a Fe Fi Four Plus 2 interview.....

Quote:

[Q] Do you have any idea what the intent of the song was? Did Danny have any special meaning/reason for writing the song?

[A] The song was simply about someone trying to come back from a bad trip on acid.

[Q] How exactly would you describe the Fe-Fi-Four Plus 2's sound?

[A] We referred to it as "psychedelic" as did others.

[Q] Did the band have any experiences with LSD prior to recording "I Wanna Come Back (From The World of LSD)?"

[A] We were always asked by the "flower children" whether we were "experienced" ala Jimi Hendrix. As far as I know, none of us took acid although it was plentiful at the time.

:grin:

--------------------

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: The Fe Fi Four Plus 2 - "I Wanna Come Back (From The World Of LSD)" (mp3) [Re: Learyfan]
    #4216678 - 05/25/05 12:51 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Wow, what a name!

Sorry, but it's not wow what a name, this song has one of the most homosexual names I've ever heard of any song. It's not creative or interesting or artistic.

The song's not as bad as the name though, which doesn't say much, though the lyrics suck.

My guess is that they suck precisely because they didn't drop acid. It would've helped their music.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineLearyfan
Male User Gallery

Re: The Fe Fi Four Plus 2 - "I Wanna Come Back (From The World Of LSD)" (mp3) [Re: Ravus]
    #4216714 - 05/25/05 01:04 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

:grin: That's why I love these 60's psych garage songs.  They rock, they're cheesey and they talk about drugs and the psychedelic experience all at the same time.  This particular band sung about LSD and wore matching suits in 1967.  That about says it all, right there.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm interested in what people think of these songs. 

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Jimi Hendrix

Community >> The Pub