Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineShroomDoom
Friend of the Medicine
 User Gallery

Loc: A Psychedelic State Flag
Farewell Shroomery. edit: I'm Back.
    #4213980 - 05/24/05 01:54 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

i post this with great reluctance but it is my official farewell. lately my life seems to have taken a turn for the worse.I feel trapped and imprisoned in my own home. I want to go to college and make "something" of myself and try to live in this so called "society" as a functioning member but there is a great obstacle. my mother. if i want to do any of this it means i will have to be under her criticisms, her hatred, and her negativity, because she is my only financial means of making it through college. if i spend any more time around her i will be a nervous wreck for the rest of my life. She even makes me seriously consider comitting suicide. My mom blows everything so far out of proportion it makes me quite literally insanse. Because i choose to occaisonally smoke pot, and seek the assistance of entheogenic mushrooms at times she calls me a drug addict. An addict is a person who cant stop, and she claims that i cant; i guess she is right. i dont want to stop, why should i? Her answer to the problem is to try and have me arrested or force me into rehab so i will "see the light." She is always threatening me and going to the police when she finds things before me. she thinks there is something wrong with me, and there is, but it has nothing to do with drugs and everything to do with her. so ive decided, i dont want that type of life where i will have to be what somebody else wants me to be, and have no freedom to choose what i can and cannot alter my consciousness with. I dont want to get a degree so i can go sit in a cubicle for 12 hours to make the Almighty Dollar and lead a boring unfufilling sober life. every time i think about it i want to cry. Today im going to see my friend at the local Ananda Marga center and become a monk. somehow i always knew it would come to this. it will be a fufilling and meaningful lifestyle away from the worldliness, and unnaccepting cruelty of this society.
i am happy to renunciate all my belongings and wordly desires, and concentrate all my energy on spiritual goals (which are more important anyways). I have some advice for those of you who are parents or aspire to be ones. Love and accept your children for who they are, and dont ever judge them.
i want to thank all the shroomerites who have helped me and my friends discover a wonderful hobby and a beautiful calling that is deeper and more profound than anything we could ever hope to imagine. I know for a fact that the Mushroom is more than just a Drug, or an escape or whatever it is that people attempt to categorize it into with thier tiny human minds. i hope you all reach the highest spiritual enlightenment, and never have to go through the frustration and entrapment that has been my experience of late.
goodbye forever.---------------------------------

well, me and my mother are on better terms now(not necessarily good), so i decided to stay, at least until college.
but one thing is for sure. soon i will be out. then and only then can i complete my training and become a powerful Shroom Templar.
the monks told me to go home. they said it would be wrong to be ordained out of such a situation, and that if i really wanted to persue that path, come back when my mind was right.

--------------------

Edited by ShroomDoom (06/03/05 11:44 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGus
Back in town.

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Re: Farewell Shroomery. [Re: ShroomDoom]
    #4214624 - 05/24/05 04:38 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

wow... Get away from your mother, sure.
But become a monk? Thats a little bit too much.
You're punishing yourself.

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

Re: Farewell Shroomery. [Re: Gus]
    #4214747 - 05/24/05 05:17 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

The important thing is to get out of your house. Your at least...DOING something. Be a monk for the rest of your life, or 2 months, but regardless action is key.

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: Farewell Shroomery. [Re: looner2]
    #4214894 - 05/24/05 05:57 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Get out of your house and meditate, you don't have to become a monk. We've all been in the same place, and when you crawl out of your slump I hope that you try to learn as much as you can from your experience.

The best thing you can do in this situation would be to get away from things until you ground yourself until you can come to a much less stress induced conclusion. Had you not been in such a rough situation, you'd be making different decisions. Just don't do anything permanent because chances are you'll change your mind if the circumstances change. Good luck with whatever you do, dude. Just don't take things too harsh because it'll make things feel worse for yourself.

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #4215150 - 05/24/05 06:48 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I believe spending time in a monestary will be good for you.  I've often considered it myself.  Just make sure that is what you really want. 

I had a corrosive relationship with my mother for several years as well.  This all changed when I moved out of her house and started becoming my own person. 

If you believe that becoming a monk is important to discovering who you are, then I wish you the best.  :heart:

OfflineRetired
Re: Farewell Shroomery. [Re: MOTH]
    #4215168 - 05/24/05 06:51 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

im sad i hate to see a good person bite the dust...solong hope to hear from you again

Offlinejaminman4206
Stranger
    #4215880 - 05/24/05 09:11 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Although i dont know your mother, and from the sound of it I dont want to, at least she got you to do something. It doesnt matter what you do as long as you do something, you might find out that doing things can make you happy, and you might do more things.

Drugs dont rot your brain-
Sitting around and not thinking does.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #4216043 - 05/24/05 09:59 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Go for it Shroom, You will find exactally what you need wherever you go.  :mushroom2: Take care and many blessings. One piece of advice. It isn't necessary to burn any bridges. It would be fun to hear from you down the road.  :heart:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being