Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
WARNING: rye flour for pf tek = no good
    #4211685 - 05/23/05 08:02 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

WHy might u say? well i just went to mix up a batch of jars and take a look at the consistancy of brf mixture

vs. the rye flour mixture

the thing that happens is the rye flour makes for a consistancy of an already colonized cake, with no air passage even with the vermiculite.

the brown rice flour coats the vermicutlite and thus yields an airy consistancy.

the point is the rye flour will create a mudd like substrate and ure jars will never colonize. the brown rice flour alows airy passage ways for mycelium to travel through

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebluhoney
Yes Im a realgirl ,geeesh
Female User Gallery

Re: WARNING: rye flour for pf tek = no good [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #4211731 - 05/23/05 08:16 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for the heads up Lordoftheshrooms. Good experimentation is the key to better teqs and better long run yeilds. :smile: bluhoney

--------------------
Information listed here is for entertainment only and is neither real or proven

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
Re: WARNING: rye flour for pf tek = no good [Re: bluhoney]
    #4211739 - 05/23/05 08:20 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

does it have anything to do with water content you used in the rye flour/verm cakes vs. water used in brf cakes?

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Re: WARNING: rye flour for pf tek = no good [Re: bluhoney]
    #4211740 - 05/23/05 08:20 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

thanx blu honey i was hoping somebody would notice my post lol i guess i jus posted at the wrong time

--------------------
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

#4211746 - 05/23/05 08:22 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

idk backupwards btu i was told u can substitue rye flour for the pf tek and i intended to do an experiminet between he yeilds from brf and rf and see whihc yielded more but the rye mixture came out like crap so it looks like im doing 12 pf jars  :smirk:, so my point u at least have to changet he water but idk if even that will work

--------------------

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

#4211752 - 05/23/05 08:25 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i guess all you can do is give it a shot. it would seem to me if it is mudding up per se, try adding a little less water in the next batch. good luck lord, let us know how it goes.
peace

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Re: WARNING: rye flour for pf tek = no good [Re: backupwards]
    #4211763 - 05/23/05 08:30 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

thanks for the good luck but i totally trasshed the experiment cuz of the muddy consistancy on the rye flour mixture

--------------------

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

#4211770 - 05/23/05 08:33 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

try, try again. can't give up on possibly a good thing, can you? correct me if i am wrong, rye has a good deal more nutes than brf, so would it be safe to say the same as rye flour?

Invisibleoneducktwoducks
Re: WARNING: rye flour for pf tek = no good *DELETED* [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #4211772 - 05/23/05 08:33 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by oneducktwoducks

Reason for deletion: .

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Re: WARNING: rye flour for pf tek = no good [Re: oneducktwoducks]
    #4211837 - 05/23/05 08:46 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i must have over saturated the mixture but all im saying is that u cant substitute rye flour for the pf tek there is a seperate tek for rye flour cakes( with different water contents)

--------------------

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

#4211861 - 05/23/05 08:51 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

gotcha lord. :thumbup:
peace

OfflineStrandedVoyager
The People's Champ
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (202)-456-1414 Call Me
Re: WARNING: rye flour for pf tek = no good [Re: backupwards]
    #4211885 - 05/23/05 08:53 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I used rye flour and mine came out fine. Half my jars had rye flour and the other half has brf and the consistancy of the substance looked identical to each other.

I used Bob's Mill DRF and BRF and used the same amount of water for both things. 5 cups of vermiculite 2 1/2 cups of water 2 1/2 cups of DRF/BRF.

I don't know, I'm not doubting you but I got 15 BRF and 15 DRF jars in my incubator right now... so it'll be interesting to see what happens.

But my DRF mix didn't look like that.

What was your formula for your substrate with both brf and drf? What kind of DRF were you using?

--------------------
Hi  :scrambled:

My god... it's full of stars...

Edited by PhatWhitey420 (05/23/05 09:08 PM)

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4216403 - 05/24/05 09:30 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

lordoftheshroomz said:
i must have over saturated the mixture but all im saying is that u cant substitute rye flour for the pf tek there is a seperate tek for rye flour cakes( with different water contents)

The PF Tek can have varied amounts of water. One way to do the PF Tek doesnt involve measuring the water, thats the way I usually see it even. Add water to the verm to soak it, then add the flour.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: WARNING: rye flour for pf tek = no good [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4216436 - 05/24/05 09:37 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

It works.

-Gnostic

OfflineHotnuts
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild Blue Yawnder
Re: WARNING: rye flour for pf tek = no good [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #4216912 - 05/25/05 12:06 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I've done rye flour, wbs flour, and the brf with all the same water ratios. They all are the same. This was done with wbs flour. The key is to mix the vermiculite and flour before adding water. Use a wisk too. The ratios are the max fruiting formula from PF.

Edited by hotnutz (05/25/05 12:11 AM)

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: WARNING: rye flour for pf tek = no good [Re: Hotnuts]
    #4217000 - 05/25/05 12:26 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

The key is to mix the vermiculite and flour before adding water

When you mix them dry Most of the rice falls to the bottom.

Doesn't matter how you mix, just how well.

-Gnostic

OfflineHotnuts
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild Blue Yawnder
Re: WARNING: rye flour for pf tek = no good [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #4217751 - 05/25/05 08:40 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

True, true. It does help though. An egg-beater wisk is awesome for mixing floured substrates well.

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

#4217808 - 05/25/05 09:03 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

my whole pont was that u cant substitute with the pf tek water to verm to flour ratios with rye flour... i didnt say u cant grow shrooms off of rye flour.... u have to adjust the water content and i like scatman's way of mixing the water with the verm first the adding the floor, that should make for a better coating of flour around the verm chunks rather than jus making mud balls of flour and soaked verm

--------------------

InvisibleTien
人民英雄
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia Flag
    #4217813 - 05/25/05 09:05 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I think you used way too much flour. I'm sure it would work if you played around with the ingridents.

brown rice flour and rye flour sounds like a good idea.

Pluto

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags